• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

we had new windows fitted in the conservatory when we moved in, apparently when it rained a liquid was meant to be released that would keep the windows clean, does not work on seagull brick though.

Well we don't want any seagulls jumping on the spurs bandwagon.

Chickens are fine though

We took the loan at LIBOR. Whilst it's not likely to reach 5% it won't stay still either.

Sent from my SM-G925F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Just reading about ESPN.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...e-future-of-tv-and-they-re-not-really-into-it

I've mentioned before that imo we are at peak times for the amount broadcasters will (or can) pay for the rights for football and the gravy train will begin to dry up (relatively speaking).

But compared to Arsenal, we are blessed that the timing of our build has coincided with this flood of cash era that at worst is a help and buffer against the fluid budget required on a project this size.

People have said that the stadium/corporate/events income is not as important and certainly not as big a slice of income that it once was BUT i think it WILL become important and larger again as the broadcast cash (that we are not in control of) starts to reduce.

Good luck or good timing? Who knows......as long as it has helped us secure our next 100 yrs, thats all that matters.

Just reading about ESPN.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...e-future-of-tv-and-they-re-not-really-into-it

I've mentioned before that imo we are at peak times for the amount broadcasters will (or can) pay for the rights for football and the gravy train will begin to dry up (relatively speaking).

But compared to Arsenal, we are blessed that the timing of our build has coincided with this flood of cash era that at worst is a help and buffer against the fluid budget required on a project this size.

People have said that the stadium/corporate/events income is not as important and certainly not as big a slice of income that it once was BUT i think it WILL become important and larger again as the broadcast cash (that we are not in control of) starts to reduce.

Good luck or good timing? Who knows......as long as it has helped us secure our next 100 yrs, thats all that matters.

I've never understood the argument that with the glut of TV cash the stadium becomes less important and can even justify cheaper prices.

If everyone is getting the same TV money, our advantage comes from the stadium. Back in the Sky4 era, I remember Arsenal having double our revenue around 2005-6. It was only £40m difference, but they had twice as much to spend and that is a huge gulf. If everyone is getting around £100m from TV, then the stadium and commercial income makes all the difference.

I've never understood the argument that with the glut of TV cash the stadium becomes less important and can even justify cheaper prices.

If everyone is getting the same TV money, our advantage comes from the stadium. Back in the Sky4 era, I remember Arsenal having double our revenue around 2005-6. It was only £40m difference, but they had twice as much to spend and that is a huge gulf. If everyone is getting around £100m from TV, then the stadium and commercial income makes all the difference.
Imagine if the TV money was £500mpa and the gate receipts for Spurs were £4m and for the Goons were £5m. Then the gate receipts would not really matter much. That is all

It's about the proportion of revenue that makes up the difference. If all the clubs are earning more then players cost more and the smaller a difference that extra revenue makes.

d19660171cbd2489a89ba8cc62be604c.jpg

Work on the exterior getting underway on the North stand.

It's about the proportion of revenue that makes up the difference. If all the clubs are earning more then players cost more and the smaller a difference that extra revenue makes.

It's also about the blend of ticket price points, as the corporate/hospitality sections in new stadiums bring in a significantly higher percentage of revenue.

Knocking a few quid off the regular seat price in specific parts of the stadium would have a noticeable benefit for a large number of fans with minimal impact on overall revenues.

Stadium revenue is generally behind both Broadcast and Sponsorship at the top level. Then consider that the stadium carries significant overhead costs against the profit. Of that profit most of the money is generated from corporate seats in new stadiums rather than the regular seat prices.

The stadium is obviously important, and seat revenues will have been a major factor in securing loans for construction. However our Sponsorship programme and the way we manage our wage structure are both more significant points of competitive advantage.

got the impression yesterday that there's too much work to do to be ready by 18/19 - think we'll be having another season at the Lane

I know it's difficult to judge such things, but the new stadium feels much more intimidating when I stand looking at it from behind the Paxton Stand.

Back