• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

75f1f2b2286900a40a388200b2329ae9.jpg

a3f5f3a67a723f8428865c6e0e7b4261.jpg

450b82a354904983ddff29270a7f6159.jpg

5cda1684aa34b03d6d105cf13a79b5c5.jpg

Really evident today that the new stadium in starting to dominate the old. Rather than just a random concrete tower in the North East corner there's a proper building coming in. They'll have to move the corner flag soon (maybe Eriksen will be able to reach the 6 yard box =D ). Like the fact that Daniel's got them polishing the floors already as well (picture 2 Jordinho above). Tidy house, tidy mind and all that....

It does look like a Loo lid :( shame they cannot put something on the top to change the shape a little from the flat surface. I know, extra cost blah blah. But i meant at the design phase.

Thanks. Note to less tech savvy users - you can click the gear wheel / cog and choose speed 0.25 so you can actually see what is going on.

It is all a bit "Tom Cruise Mission Impossible" rather than accurate. One interesting point is that they may take down part of the West and East stands first, so they can start piling for the new South Stand... before they take down the North stand. Makes sense now I think about it, but had always assumed that the North stand would be first to go.

Note they don't have the Jan and Toby cranes inside the bowl at any point, so it is all a bit vague compared to reality... core 6 very different too (standalone, not tied in)

Not sure where to post this as it's related to the Training Centre rather than the new stadium so mods please move if more appropriate elsewhere.
CLUB UNVEILS PLANS FOR NEW EDUCATION AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACILITY IN ENFIELD
• The Club has submitted planning for the THFC Environmental Centre and Nature Reserve to the London Borough of Enfield

• The scheme represents a major long-term investment by the Club, builds on the success of the delivery of the Enfield community programming over the last six years and is a significant extension to the S106 commitment

• The facility would include a purpose-built education facility with classrooms and a nature reserve with boardwalks, wildflower walks and meadow, and ponds for outdoor-based learning alongside a top level multi-use sports pitch

• The Nature Reserve would be managed by Capel Manor College who would offer a dedicated education programme that will be designed and delivered in consultation with teachers from Enfield and linked to the National Curriculum

The Club today unveiled plans for an outstanding new education and environmental facility on a site adjacent to our Training Centre in Enfield.

The Tottenham Hotspur Environmental Centre and Nature Reserve would represent a Premier League first, and see the Club working in partnership with Enfield Schools and Capel Manor College to create a centre that would provide an outdoor-based learning opportunity that young people from across the Borough would be able to visit and explore at key points during their educational lives.

More
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...and-environmental-facility-in-enfield-200317/

It's great to see the club getting involved in this kind of project.

It will no doubt be argued by some that this is just basically the club fulfilling its S106 obligations in relation to its new Training Centre in Enfield, but what's good about it is that not only have they identified an excellent project to invest into but they're also showing they are willing to build upon it and enhance it into a truly wonderful environmental and educational resource for the local community.

I have a 6yo grandson at school in Enfield (already, like my son, a Spurs fan :D) who will hopefully in years to come be able to benefit from it. Indeed as a keen birder myself I'm already salivating at the prospect of taking him along with me in the future.

No doubt this project will also double as a brilliant public relations exercise and help attract a new generation of fans for the club.

Yay! :cool:

Not sure where to post this as it's related to the Training Centre rather than the new stadium so mods please move if more appropriate elsewhere.
CLUB UNVEILS PLANS FOR NEW EDUCATION AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACILITY IN ENFIELD
• The Club has submitted planning for the THFC Environmental Centre and Nature Reserve to the London Borough of Enfield

• The scheme represents a major long-term investment by the Club, builds on the success of the delivery of the Enfield community programming over the last six years and is a significant extension to the S106 commitment

• The facility would include a purpose-built education facility with classrooms and a nature reserve with boardwalks, wildflower walks and meadow, and ponds for outdoor-based learning alongside a top level multi-use sports pitch

• The Nature Reserve would be managed by Capel Manor College who would offer a dedicated education programme that will be designed and delivered in consultation with teachers from Enfield and linked to the National Curriculum

The Club today unveiled plans for an outstanding new education and environmental facility on a site adjacent to our Training Centre in Enfield.

The Tottenham Hotspur Environmental Centre and Nature Reserve would represent a Premier League first, and see the Club working in partnership with Enfield Schools and Capel Manor College to create a centre that would provide an outdoor-based learning opportunity that young people from across the Borough would be able to visit and explore at key points during their educational lives.

More
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...and-environmental-facility-in-enfield-200317/

It's great to see the club getting involved in this kind of project.
Sounds like us buying the required transport improvements to me.

Sounds like us buying the required transport improvements to me.

Maybe. Although different boroughs, different councils, different projects (although granted same transport authority). Timing is everything and there may well be political benefits to be gained by making the announcement and submitting the planning application now. I wouldn't expect anything less of Daniel Levy (in a good way).

But regardless, it's a worthy project. It keeps green belt green, it's environmentallly sound, it has educational benefits and the support of local schools and it makes nature accessible to all in an urban environment.
Like @Spur of the moment I'm a birder, albeit fairly novice, but it's a hobby which generally leads to an interest in all that nature offers and anything that can get kids and families outdoors learning about and enjoying what's around them can only be good in my book, and I'm proud that my club is making this initiative happen, whatever the reasons.

Back