• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Interesting look at The Scum's stadium roof, close up analysis

Hehe, nice. Shouldn't the video evidence here be enough to be able to arrest these guys for entering the ground? I'm fascinated by people who do this brick though. I can barely go out on the balcony without getting dizzy. :p

Some updates taken from the minutes of the recent THST meeting with the club :

2. White Hart Lane and next season
Latest on new stadium build
• MB asked if the stadium build was on schedule. DL said it was always the case with schemes of this size that some areas were ahead and some behind. This was part of the ebb and flow of a complex project.
• DL stated this was the most complex private build project in Europe at this time so this was to be expected
• DL remained focused on the stadium being completed on time, ready for the start of the 2018/19 season in August 2018

Timeline for Wembley decision and fan communication
• KL asked when the Club would be making a decision on Wembley for next season. DL explained there are a number of factors associated with the move adding that once the Board takes the final decision to move away for one season everything ‘must be right’. That decision will mean the demolition of White Hart Lane so there is no margin for error. DL said the move was like a jigsaw with a number of pieces needing to come together (construction timetable/ public sector works/stadium financing). DL said the decision will be taken as late as possible so as to minimise the chances of making the wrong call.
• KL asked what Plan B was should the Club not move to Wembley for next season. DL insisted all planning is towards playing fixtures at Wembley next season but there is a need to plan for all eventualities should any major issues arise, which would mean another year at White Hart Lane before moving to Wembley for the 2018/19 season. THFC will not move away for two years so all conditions must be right before they make the call to move this summer
• DL acknowledged the inconvenience this would cause to fans and the Club’s staff but stressed it was important to get this right

Fan migration, Season Tickets and pricing structure
• KL asked for an update on current Season Ticket renewal plans and the fan migration to Wembley and then back to the new stadium. IM said talks were ongoing with the THFC Board with a further meeting due tomorrow (Wednesday) to discuss the various scenarios
• On migration, IM said that the current thinking was to move existing ST holders in blocks and provide a period for season ticket holders to accept their suggested seats or to choose another if this did not suit them. Blocks would be moved into areas as closely comparable to the current layout as possible. Away fans would be in the area where visiting fans were positioned for UEFA matches. This is down to police advice, segregation requirements and the capacity to increase the away area for cup games
• KL asked how the offer of season tickets at Wembley and the new stadium to Bronze members on the waiting list would be constructed
• There was some discussion on alternatives being considered which demonstrated all possible options were being explored
• DL and IM asked that discussion be deferred as the Club Board was currently in the process of considering options and it was premature to discuss further at this time. Date to be scheduled for mid April

Commemorating White Hart Lane
• MB asked for details of plans to commemorate White Hart Lane and the final game at the current stadium. DC explained that, while it was yet to be confirmed as the last game, plans were in place for the lead up to the Manchester United match so that all was prepared. The programme had been written. The book, The Lane, was on sale from booksellers and directly from the Club. There would be a call for fans to share memories starting with an 82 year old fan's recollections next week. A comprehensive documentary is being produced. A campaign identity has been agreed. All channels have been tied in. Fans are sending in ideas and thoughts and it would be a collaborative celebration
• DC confirmed that a team was in place for delivering an appropriate farewell ceremony
• The time and date for this match was yet to be confirmed which would determine certain aspects of the ceremony
• DC explained there were also plans for a time capsule and fans would be asked what they felt should be included in that.
• Fans should email futureplans@tottenhamhotspur.com with their thoughts and memories
• It was the current intention that a selection of seats would be available for purchase after the final game at the Lane

Finance, naming rights and ancillary projects
MB asked if all of the financing was in place to complete the stadium build. DL stated that the funds would come from different sources and that the cost of the stadium was now estimated circa £800m
• MC asked about the leaked email to Haringey Council, published in the Evening Standard last week, in which the Club was critical of the public sector support. DL said the Club was the only party to have delivered on their commitments thus far.
• MB asked whether THFC would consider keeping White Hart Lane in the name of the new stadium e.g. The Sony Stadium at White Hart Lane. DL explained that would not be possible as it would have a commercial impact on any naming rights deal and Tottenham Hotspur is an integral part of the heritage of the area and Club is creating a new destination
• MB asked how far naming rights discussions were down the line. DL said that, rather like finding a shirt sponsor, it was about finding the right company with the right brand that were the right fit for THFC at the right time. THFC is talking to a number of companies at the moment but there is no timetable to sign a deal as yet
• MB asked when the Club would like to have a deal in place. DC reiterated that it was not unusual for naming rights to be agreed nearer the completion of a build programme

http://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/thstthfc-board-to-board-meeting-28-february-2017-report

Apropos of whether we move to Wembley next season I see a decision on the number of full-capacity games we'll be allowed is due on 23 March:

Wembley Stadium planning application

1 March 2017

As part of its preparations for the 2017/18 season, and for Tottenham Hotspur Football Club using the Stadium as its home ground, Wembley National Stadium Limited (WNSL) has submitted a planning application to temporarily increase the number of full capacity events at Wembley Stadium.

The application (reference 17/0368) seeks to amend the existing cap to accommodate up to an additional 31 sporting events at Wembley Stadium between 1 August 2017 and 31 July 2018, where the available spectator capacity is increased from 51,000 up to 90,000.

The application is subject to an extensive consultation exercise to seek the views of residents and businesses. A decision is due to be made at a planning committee meeting on 23 March 2017.

784f769e0d3a576f2fed3aef76d9b645.jpg

6ba95b6a54ad63ab97d77c6c24b44cd1.jpg

c971ed7b029e4b92295107fed20d00a3.jpg

d11b5a63b88e97b773120fb4ba5558af.jpg

7212b06dc509b639bc00d37a7d2b858a.jpg

C6KTLz0XMAYBLtw.jpg

55ce990ff360c582c178b62069561a5d.jpg

d7d17ead56fb7e4477db01b35e1b0abc.jpg

LI5ZNtJ.jpg

H1JFY64.jpg

So Chelsea's stadium got the approval from the Mayor of London nice and easy. Shock. Wonder if ours would have been nearly completed by now if there were no delays?

might be nearly completed but i wonder if we'd have been as happy with the original design as we are with the one we have now?

So Chelsea's stadium got the approval from the Mayor of London nice and easy. Shock. Wonder if ours would have been nearly completed by now if there were no delays?

The delays with ours were the CPO for Archway and the listed buildings. I don't think Chelsea had similar issues.

Didn't think of that. The delays have probably helped us I guess. The Chelsea stadium looks absolutely hideous.

I really like the Chelsea design. It's like something out of Metropolis.

I'm sure our internal fit will be better, but externally I'd much prefer a striking brick expressionist design like that, over our generic cladded toilet seat.

The delays with ours were the CPO for Archway and the listed buildings. I don't think Chelsea had similar issues.

I really like the Chelsea design. It's like something out of Metropolis.

I'm sure our internal fit will be better, but externally I'd much prefer a striking brick expressionist design like that, over our generic cladded toilet seat.
It looks kind of cool from 1 mile above, but close up the renders look ugly as hell! The internal renders don't look promising either. Horrible fit out and tier design.

i like the Chelsea design - not sure id want it as our stadium but can appreciate it as someone else's

Chelsea stadium looks very Eastern block in style to me. I don't really like it but I could see why some would.

Back