• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

So who is in charge of Wembley when we play..for instance when there is an american football game played on a very wet and windy day in October which cuts the pitch up badly and we've got a Champs league game against Barcelona three days later for example.... do we have a say on the fixtures where we point out this out in the Summer that this situation may arise, or do we suck it up and carry on.

i can see something like that happening in our stay. We struggle already on that pitch.

Some like the daughter, some like the mother, some like both. I for instance would welcome the opportunity to maybe losely follow another game on the phone without having to use several Gb of data. Dictating what other people should or should not do is something that mostly occurs in countries we don't want to be associated with. Also, I like to arrive at the ground some time before kick-off, and at the new stadium with vastly superior facilities, that becomes an even more tempting option.

:)

C4UPPM5WIAEoRZ-.jpg

So who is in charge of Wembley when we play..for instance when there is an american football game played on a very wet and windy day in October which cuts the pitch up badly and we've got a Champs league game against Barcelona three days later for example.... do we have a say on the fixtures where we point out this out in the Summer that this situation may arise, or do we suck it up and carry on.

i can see something like that happening in our stay. We struggle already on that pitch.

We hire the stadium for the day of the game, maybe the day before to set up, and the day after to pack up. No say on other events being scheduled.

I think we will struggle that season in Wembley I don't really have any doubts about it. I'd even say we could languish in mid table that season as we might not be able to rely on our home form to win the games. I'm not expecting us to have European football for the first season in our new stadium, but I really do hope I'm wrong. So for a few seasons it's going to be tough and we will need to try and keep the nucleus of the team together.

I think we will struggle that season in Wembley I don't really have any doubts about it. I'd even say we could languish in mid table that season as we might not be able to rely on our home form to win the games. I'm not expecting us to have European football for the first season in our new stadium, but I really do hope I'm wrong. So for a few seasons it's going to be tough and we will need to try and keep the nucleus of the team together.

I've reconciled myself to us finishing with about 50 points next season - I actually won't mind if Poch says our target for 17/18's to get to 40 points first and then look at what can be done afterwards. But if we can get more locals down to Wembley to watch us for cheaper prices than what we've hitherto been charging for games at the Lane (which I suspect will in turn be influenced by whether or not we can use Wembley's full capacity), and if we can maybe target the League Cup or something in lieu of league success, that would suit me fine.

I've reconciled myself to us finishing with about 50 points next season - I actually won't mind if Poch says our target for 17/18's to get to 40 points first and then look at what can be done afterwards. But if we can get more locals down to Wembley to watch us for cheaper prices than what we've hitherto been charging for games at the Lane (which I suspect will in turn be influenced by whether or not we can use Wembley's full capacity), and if we can maybe target the League Cup or something in lieu of league success, that would suit me fine.

Some would say that's negative but realistically if we don't win enough home games and we bring the same form we had for CL to Wembley then that could screw us up, and could be very dangerous. I'd take 50 points.

Can't give players an excuse not to play for the shirt.

Don't believe we will do that, if anything what they should do is prepare for the brilliant start expected from us at WHL once it's developed. I'm certain the dimensions of the pitch at Wembley will be large enough to mark the dimensions of the new stadium.

Matching the dimensions will give the team a head start in adjusting rather than going over that exercise twice in two years.

Do it this way and we have nothing to lose.

If results dip as badly as that next season it could easily spell the end of the Pochettino project. Remember how quickly things changed for Ramos after he won the League Cup, for Harry once the England job came up and for AVB once Bale departed. One minute we were all basking in the warm glow of winning a cup or competing in Europe then a few weeks later it's all change, start again.

It's a results-based business and Levy nowadays demands and expects top six minimum. I don't see this changing next season just because we are at Wembley. He may make some allowance but I cannot see him accepting mid-table anonymity. Any more than some of our more ambitious players, because they will know they can earn bucketloads more elsewhere and stand a better chance of winning trophies.

So for my money it is absolutely imperative that regardless of where we play we continue to compete with the big boys. We have the squad to do it and come next season we will be that much more experienced both as a team and coping with the challenge of Wembley.

36 home fixtures???

Jeepers, that would need a home draw in every round of the FA Cup and League Cup

Looks like they are having everything ready for when Chelsea play there....

Amazing if we win the FA cup next season with a home game in every round, who else would be able to say they truly won the FA Cup at Wembley!

There's a big question over how well we'll do due to not really be able to rely on home form. However I think against some of the lesser teams that we've sometimes struggled to break down at home it could help us as the pitch is that much bigger to defend. So we'll have more space to hopefully be able to make an opening.

Not sure why such negetivity we had two bad games at wembley and the whole thing is written off.Actually i think the larger pitch will suit us and we will be fine.

If results dip as badly as that next season it could easily spell the end of the Pochettino project. Remember how quickly things changed for Ramos after he won the League Cup, for Harry once the England job came up and for AVB once Bale departed. One minute we were all basking in the warm glow of winning a cup or competing in Europe then a few weeks later it's all change, start again.

It's a results-based business and Levy nowadays demands and expects top six minimum. I don't see this changing next season just because we are at Wembley. He may make some allowance but I cannot see him accepting mid-table anonymity. Any more than some of our more ambitious players, because they will know they can earn bucketloads more elsewhere and stand a better chance of winning trophies.

So for my money it is absolutely imperative that regardless of where we play we continue to compete with the big boys. We have the squad to do it and come next season we will be that much more experienced both as a team and coping with the challenge of Wembley.

That would be a supremely cruel thing to do, though. Levy may expect top six minimum in general, but I doubt even he's short-sighted enough to stick to that requirement in a season of transition on and off the field, where our lads will have to simultaneously adjust to a bigger pitch, a neutral venue to stage 'home' games in, and 90,000 fans watching every weekend instead of just 31-36,000. All while, of course, continuing to grow and learn, as befits the youngest side in the league on average.

Plus, it would also just be brutally counter-productive. Sack the only man capable of providing stability during the move into the new gaff? And risk the grand move into the new venue being disrupted by some new guy coming in and (potentially) making the team play like sh*te? Sack the man who many of these players bloody *revere*, and would most likely remain attached to were he to leave? And risk those very same players agitating to leave in his wake?

We can go one of two ways heading into the new stadium - we can keep the man in charge now and move into the new gaff, weather a year or two of instability and then go full tilt for the title with many (although not all, probably) of the players we have now, only older, more experienced and on (much) bigger wages. Or, we can sack the man after the inevitable struggles next season, watch half our players agitate to leave in his wake (as always happens with charismatic managers cultivating personal loyalty via the development of players under their care) and then struggle to replace them with players who care as much or are as versed in the Premier League/how we want to play - all the while struggling to pay off the New WHL.

Which one seems like the more realistically useful decision to you?

Amazing if we win the FA cup next season with a home game in every round, who else would be able to say they truly won the FA Cup at Wembley!

I've already had someone say to me that if we get to the semi-final or final we will have a big unfair advantage over our opponents.

I don't think we have to worry about Levy, it's the fanbase which could cause problems if we have a bad season at Wembley - doesn't take long for opinion to turn on a manager and I'm not sure we'll stand by Pochettino if we flounder around mid table (or worse)

Big couple of seasons coming up

Back