• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Is everyone anticipating a significant price increase for season tickets for 2018/19?

I expect there will be some unhappy fans. The club will offer like for like season tickets for the same price or a nominal increase. The problem will come from what people consider like for like.

For fans like for like will probably consider like for like a seat at a similar distance. At a first approximation, this would mean all existing season ticket holders in the front two-thirds. The problem with this is that most new ST holders would then have to be at the back. However, the club is going to want to offer a complete range to new season ticket holders, which would mean existing season ticket holders being further away. From the club's perspective, like for like will be more relative (e.g. seats at the front, middle, back).

I expect there will be some unhappy fans. The club will offer like for like season tickets for the same price or a nominal increase. The problem will come from what people consider like for like.

For fans like for like will probably consider like for like a seat at a similar distance. At a first approximation, this would mean all existing season ticket holders in the front two-thirds. The problem with this is that most new ST holders would then have to be at the back. However, the club is going to want to offer a complete range to new season ticket holders, which would mean existing season ticket holders being further away. From the club's perspective, like for like will be more relative (e.g. seats at the front, middle, back).

not sure on that - if everyone who currently has a seat in the lower stand stays lower and everyone in the upper stays upper then there should be a plenty of seats available across all upper/lower tiers as each will be bigger in the new stadium than WHL.

i sit at the back of the east stand lower at the south end - like for like to me would be back of the east stand lower by the new single tier end, hopefully that's what i am offered

In that case you will probably be offered something to your liking at a similar price. You are accepting that you will be further away from the pitch for a similar quality offering. I doubt everyone will think that way and expect there to be some unhappy fans who expect to stay the same distance.

A lot will depend on how the clubs handle the transfer. If enough flexibility is allowed most people will be content, but there will be some malcontents. At least we have learnt a lot from Karren Brady's scheme.

im not sure that closeness to the pitch is the primary consideration for everyone - i think the people who sit towards the back of the lower tiers, like myself, would prefer to keep it that way, same with people who like to sit in the upper tiers and those who like to sit in the corners etc - of course there will be plenty of migration as there will be plenty of people who are currently in seats they are not happy with or who would prefer to sit elsewhere - like the single tier stand.

the club aren't stupid though and im sure they'll do a good job of relocating people

There a plenty of lessons to be learned on how not to do it from west ham. Sounds like they made a complete mess of their transition.

Best thing about the current set up is that we have learned from arsenal and West hams follies.

I genuinely have confidence that we have it in the bag.

£5500 a pop. Truth be told i would never have purchased them had it not been an opportunity to have these seats for life and with it being a vital part of our clubs history.

I have a young child and want to share that opening first game with her.

Cheese sandwiches for breakfast, lunch and dinner to accommodate.

I also would love to donate some tickets to children who genuinely cant afford a game.

I would also like to invite Scara for a game at some point for his endeavours ... but just dont talk to me if you come as you are a tad boring.
Enjoy it mate. I'd do the same if I could.

Nice, I'm still not sure what to do but by the time I am they will probably be all sold out.

I get my proper football fix from away days so quite like the thought of having a more premium experience and view at home games.

The problem is I currently have over 530 loyalty points and currently gaurenteed an away ticket for virtually any game however if I went Premium I would lose all those points and be part of the hospitality pot which will be c.12% of the away allocation from when the new stadium is built so no gaurentee. They are right that most away games won't appeal to corporates but Arsenal away and any other big away games will go down to pot luck when oversubscribed while now I know I'll get one.

I also have no idea how they are going to sort out Cup Semi or Final tickets....we'll have near enough 50k+ ST holders with an allocation of c.25k but surely the majority of the 8k Premium Seat holders will get one and if they don't is it going to be pot luck? Again, providing a reason to keep the loyalty points!

It would be nice to know the normal ST options.
Can't you keep membership for away, and ST for home?

We're exchanging a rusty but cherished Ford Mondeo for a shiny new Aston Martin. Of course the price will go up a decent chunk

I'd guess that the average price will probably stay similar, with less tickets at the top and bottom of the price scale. People currently in the north/south will likely see tickets go up a bit.

However, a combination of the latest TV deals, increased kit and stadium naming rights, bigger hospitality revenues and the overall capacity increase should mean that putting up regular season ticket prices is unnecessary.

People argue that more TV money means ticket price increases are unnecessary. I think it is the opposite.

Success in the PL doesn't depend on the absolute amount of money, it's the relative amount compared to other clubs. When everyone gets a £100 million from the TV contract, the advantage is to be gained from gate receipts and commercial revenues. The TV contract parity makes gains from the stadium capacity more important, not less.

This is why Liverpool fans and their owners have fallen out. The owners wanted higher prices in the new stand to help pay for it, the fans protested about the £77 tickets. Henry backed down, but now is less likely to do anything further with the rest of the stadium.

People argue that more TV money means ticket price increases are unnecessary. I think it is the opposite.

Success in the PL doesn't depend on the absolute amount of money, it's the relative amount compared to other clubs. When everyone gets a £100 million from the TV contract, the advantage is to be gained from gate receipts and commercial revenues. The TV contract parity makes gains from the stadium capacity more important, not less.

This is why Liverpool fans and their owners have fallen out. The owners wanted higher prices in the new stand to help pay for it, the fans protested about the £77 tickets. Henry backed down, but now is less likely to do anything further with the rest of the stadium.

More TV money means that the % of revenue from regular match day tickets becomes less significant, and with a much higher volume/value of hospitality it becomes less significant again.

If you were to look purely at the differences between gate receipts for general admission tickets then I doubt there would be any significant correlation in relation to success. The volume of seats and relative pricing is of course important for the financing of the stadium, but it's still expansion of hospitality which makes the business case.

Before Liverpool opened their new stand Anfield generated relatively low hospitality revenue compared to other big clubs. They could back down on the £77 tickets because it was predominently new hospitality facilities which was paying for the construction.

Revenues follow a hierarchy of: TV rights, sponsorship/licensing, hospitality tickets, and then general admission ticket sales and catering.

General admission tickets are an easy win which is why there is the £30 cap on away tickets this year.

Back