• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I read your post fine, thank you.
You are not being consistent in your view.

Anyone else who can't get to a game for logistical reasons cant be bothered to support the Club, but if it's your mate, then then its because he simply doesnt have time to get there.

My post was in reply to Steff and the point he was making, if those who have no time to get to matches because of work there is nothing wrong with that as its not by choice . I suggest you read through the thread because I have never said in that instance that fans can not be bothered.

Thinking laterally, how about QPR, Charlton, Fulham, Millwall, Palace? Would that be easier to get to via tube etc?

Charlton have got a decent ground, 27k capacity, nearly in Woolwich!

http://www.myfootygrounds.co.uk/AreaMap.asp?view=ENGLAND

Seems to me like the Olympic Stadium is the obvious answer, it is in the correct vicinity, great transport links, taxpayer owned, desperate for cash (for the good PR) and those renters can't stop us if we get a groundswell of support from the public and politicians.

but there are reasons why West Spam dont want us there, just like Arsanal would refuse to give us their ground. Think about the damage and mess some fans will cause after each game and the cost in fixing things up and all the hassle that entails.

Put it this way, if we had a new stadium I doubt Levy would rent it out to Cheatski, Arsanal or the Spammers if they needed it for a season or two

I live about half an hour from the stadium by bus and as it is I can't be arsed to go to games. I don't have the disposable income, invariably I look longingly down at the park lane wishing I'd been able to purchase tickets in a section with some atmosphere. Last time I went a guy a couple of rows behind me was trying to start various chants and after he realised no-one else was joining in started calling everyone around us c***s. When someone in row in front of me took offence it almost came to blows.

Now, this is a particularly bad experience, but typical enough. I'd paid £70 for a ticket to a LND and I honestly regret not leaving and walking to the pub at HT.

There is simply no &^$&ing way I'm going to bother go to a premier league game in MK. Don't care if that makes me a bad fan or less of a fan than any of you but #^&$ it. I need a decent chance of actually enjoying myself before committing that much time and money and energy to anything.

Brookfield Multiplex is in the running for its first major stadium since it built Wembley, after making a three-firm shortlist for the new £400m Tottenham Hotspur stadium,Construction News can reveal.

Sources told Construction News that Brookfield Multiplex,Mace and Sir Robert McAlpine are the final three bidders for the project.

It is understood other contractors that had been discussing the job with Spurs, including Bouygues and Laing O’Rourke, chose not to go forward with procurement.

The project is being procured under a two-stage tender with a preferred bidder expected to be confirmed next month.

The bid for the Spurs stadium marks the first venture into a major UK stadium for Brookfield Multiplex since, as Multiplex, it rebuilt Wembley.

Multiplex started work on Wembley in 2002; its iconic 315-metre long arch is the longest single span roof structure in the world.

However Wembley was beset by delays, eventually overrunning by a year and more than £300m. It was twice the subject of court actions, between Multiplex and bothCleveland Bridge and Mott MacDonald.

Multiplex was bought by Brookfield Asset Management in 2007.

According to its 2015 corporate profile, Brookfield Multiplex has worked on 14 stadium projects worldwide, worth around US$3bn (£1.94bn), including the Perth Stadium and Sports Precinct, on which it won the contract last year.

Sources said Sir Robert McAlpine was the outsider for the Spurs stadium project. This would mean Brookfield Multiplex and Mace going head-to-head for another project, afterConstruction News last week revealed Brookfield had won the £350m European headquarters for Goldman Sachs.

Mace is currently project managing the conversion of theOlympic Stadium, built by Sir Robert McAlpine which also built Spurs’ north London rival Arsenal’s Emirates stadium.

Tottenham’s proposed Northumberland Park development has an estimated value in excess of £400m. It will involve construction of a 61,000-seater stadium built, which is also expected to play host to NFL games.

Sir Robert McAlpine has been contacted for comment. Tottenham Hotspur, Brookfield Multiplex and Mace all declined to comment.

I thought the biggest problem with Wembley is the FA kept changing what was wanted, so they kept having to change plans. You'd think that things would be learnt from that mess, but our powers that be took it to a new level with the Olympic Stadium.

I think with Levy there will be clear plans in place for the overall scheme, before the contractor is appointed and the contract will have appropriate penalty clauses.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...West-Ham-s-ground-housing-set-thrown-out.html

Could you imagine how weird it would be if this happened and West Ham travel to play us away at their old ground? Would be surreal, a first in football history surely?

Saying that it must be the least likely of the possibilities that we've heard of.

it was a long time ago but Everton used to play at Anfield, they moved around the same time the dippers were formed, at some point they would have played there as an away team for the first time

it was a long time ago but Everton used to play at Anfield, they moved around the same time the dippers were formed, at some point they would have played there as an away team for the first time

Very strange. I guess Woolwich moving north isn't that bad then!

it was a different thing, more like the formation of the sheffield or milan clubs, a second club set up due to differences rather than moving somewhere else just to try and cash in like the nomads

Would be funny if the new owners of Upton Park started a new club instead of tearing it down.

I thought the biggest problem with Wembley is the FA kept changing what was wanted, so they kept having to change plans. You'd think that things would be learnt from that mess, but our powers that be took it to a new level with the Olympic Stadium.

I think with Levy there will be clear plans in place for the overall scheme, before the contractor is appointed and the contract will have appropriate penalty clauses.

I was offered multiple senior procurement roles at Wembley to bail them out and I declined every one

The problem was that multiplex didn't understand the UK construction sector, were arrogant and packaged everything into massive packages with loads of variables hence the increase. They were also changing the leadership team every week as it got worse soon one had any accountability and they had no leverage in the UK. Would be a similar issue here IMO. If I was the clients procurement representative I wouldn't touch them with sol Campbell's bell end

For me I'm stunned that McLaren aren't in that shortlist as they have major relationship with they club, were quick confident a few months back about a "large construction project in the south Enfield area" and they did loads for the trading ground. They also had a JV set up with a Spanish company

Of the bidders left I'd fancy McAplines as they have a core team that have built plenty of stadiums and do a bloody good job in budget and too spec. They would have eaten Wembley

Mace are another odd one in that I can't name a stadium they have built (without googling) and there's a lot of infighting going on with their divisions

I was offered multiple senior procurement roles at Wembley to bail them out and I declined every one

The problem was that multiplex didn't understand the UK construction sector, were arrogant and packaged everything into massive packages with loads of variables hence the increase. They were also changing the leadership team every week as it got worse soon one had any accountability and they had no leverage in the UK. Would be a similar issue here IMO. If I was the clients procurement representative I wouldn't touch them with sol Campbell's bell end

For me I'm stunned that McLaren aren't in that shortlist as they have major relationship with they club, were quick confident a few months back about a "large construction project in the south Enfield area" and they did loads for the trading ground. They also had a JV set up with a Spanish company

Of the bidders left I'd fancy McAplines as they have a core team that have built plenty of stadiums and do a bloody good job in budget and too spec. They would have eaten Wembley

Mace are another odd one in that I can't name a stadium they have built (without googling) and there's a lot of infighting going on with their divisions

Thanks Bedford! Do you think McLaren aren't involved because of the size of the project v their relative size as I think their total turnover is around the £400m mark. For no other reason other than they're British, I would go with McAlpine.

I work closely with the company that would probably be Multiplex's largest supplier if they got the work (or, at least, they've been told they would be). It sounds like they've upped their game quite a bit - my company's already been audited on their behalf and our customer hasn't even been confirmed as a supplier for Multiplex yet.

By "didn't understand the UK construction sector" do you mean the nature of the workers? I know there was a lot of grabbing done by unions (as usual) and a huge amount of unprofessional behaviour on-site. There were also large numbers with a vested interest in the work not getting completed on time. Whoever wins could do a lot worse than banning union members from site from the beginning, drug/alcohol searches and gambling bans would go a long way too.

As far as I can see, there's nothing as innovative or risky as the arch on our project either. The cladding looks original but the actual build of the stadium looks fairly standard. In that case, that would take away one of the other major issues that Multiplex had. Assuming they've taught their junior managers about Go Fever and have learned their lessons about communication, I don't see them having the same issues as they did with Wembley.

I work closely with the company that would probably be Multiplex's largest supplier if they got the work (or, at least, they've been told they would be). It sounds like they've upped their game quite a bit - my company's already been audited on their behalf and our customer hasn't even been confirmed as a supplier for Multiplex yet.

By "didn't understand the UK construction sector" do you mean the nature of the workers? I know there was a lot of grabbing done by unions (as usual) and a huge amount of unprofessional behaviour on-site. There were also large numbers with a vested interest in the work not getting completed on time. Whoever wins could do a lot worse than banning union members from site from the beginning, drug/alcohol searches and gambling bans would go a long way too.

As far as I can see, there's nothing as innovative or risky as the arch on our project either. The cladding looks original but the actual build of the stadium looks fairly standard. In that case, that would take away one of the other major issues that Multiplex had. Assuming they've taught their junior managers about Go Fever and have learned their lessons about communication, I don't see them having the same issues as they did with Wembley.

They had no leverage in the UK to use with the suppliers other than Peterborough hospital which was another disaster

All their staff were on a full package salary so no benefits but big pay... so no pension or bonus etc.. which effectively gave them no incentive to perform.

They also had very few British leaders and to be honest the Aussies weren't very politically correct in their communication

@Gazzasrightboot McLaren are very good at what they do and are growing as most are in the sector. They knew they would need a JV and they had a Spanish partner lined up (it wasn't Ferrovial) and they have a great rapport with Spurs so i thought they were right up there for it.

Im meeting a guy for lunch shortly and to get the tickets for Anderlecht who is in with all of these so ill see if i can find anything out

You'd have to say the moving pitch is an innovation but maybe that is a different contractor

Last edited:

Levy most definitely will be hands on during the project

Levy+Wheelbarrow.gif

You'd have to say the moving pitch is an innovation but maybe that is a different contractor
It's an innovation for this country but I thought I'd read that it had been done before in a couple of places. Maybe that's just my brain failing me.

I see today that West Ham have claimed they put a covenant on the Boleyn ground ruling that no other football team can play there without their permission.

Firstly I would be surprised if that proved to be enforceable by law and secondly I think they are starting to look rather ridiculous now ("what's new" I hear you say!) with their covenants to stop us moving elsewhere.

Next we'll probably find that they'll demand a PL vote for us to use Wembley (which they will vote against) and they have bought a stake in MK Dons to object to us moving there.

Back