• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I bet if 3 or 4 of you clubbed together to hire a chauffeur to drive your car it'd be as cheap as 3 or 4 train fares.

Then it would leave when you want, from your door and have the advantage of not being a train.
That relies on me having 2 or 3 friends.... I'm sure from my posts on here you can tell that this is unlikely to be the case! ;)

To be honest I very rarely use public transport to get to WHL anyway, if it's an evening game then I do jump on the train from Liverpool St seeing as I work a stones throw away and it is therefore easy and convenient. If it's a weekend game however I tend to use a cab and it's only about £12 to £15 each way. I don't think the cost will make that a worthwhile option when having to do the 114 mile round trip.

Drive to one of MK's shopping centres / stations / taxi ranks and get a cab with 3 mates / acquaintances / people from this message board

i'm sure it will make it tricker for a lot of people, but it will also make it easier for some people too, I don't think we'll have any trouble making the most off our allocation there

i'm sure it will make it tricker for a lot of people, but it will also make it easier for some people too, I don't think we'll have any trouble making the most off our allocation there

Bingo, as I said before if some can not be bothered to go and support their team there will be others who will.

Bingo, as I said before if some can not be bothered to go and support their team there will be others who will.

It's not about 'being bothered' - it's about the time and cost involved - a quick look online shows that my Dad, for example as someone who lives in Kent/SE London, would have to travel 4 hours (total) by public transport at a cost of £30+ to go to a midweek night game - for someone in their 60s that's a bit of an ask, he'd have to take a couple of hours off work to get home in time to set off in time to make kick off and probably get home well past midnight! Without even the prospect of having a pint with his mates in the pub

Driving takes just as long before i get that reply - and that'd be on a clear run without any traffic, wonder how often that'd actually happen over the course of a season

It's not about 'being bothered' - it's about the time and cost involved - a quick look online shows that my Dad, for example as someone who lives in Kent/SE London, would have to travel 4 hours (total) by public transport at a cost of £30+ to go to a midweek night game - for someone in their 60s that's a bit of an ask, he'd have to take a couple of hours off work to get home in time to set off in time to make kick off and probably get home well past midnight! Without even the prospect of having a pint with his mates in the pub

Driving takes just as long before i get that reply - and that'd be on a clear run without any traffic, wonder how often that'd actually happen over the course of a season

You pays your money and takes your choice, as it happens I am the same age as your Dad and it does not stop me. MK is about 50 miles from WHL and I would imagine that most of our fans travel into south into London so it would probably be no further.

As I say if fans can not be bothered to travel and support their team that is their choice and they will be plenty who will.

it's not about bothered, its a decision, everyone has a financial/time decision to make for anything, people have different limits as to what they find acceptable

its fine if you decide not to go to MK or Wembley or whatever, you are allowed to take time off, there are plenty of Spurs fans in the midlands whom won't make the trip regularly now but will to MK, as long as tickets are sold it doesn't matter who is there

it's not about bothered, its a decision, everyone has a financial/time decision to make for anything, people have different limits as to what they find acceptable

its fine if you decide not to go to MK or Wembley or whatever, you are allowed to take time off, there are plenty of Spurs fans in the midlands whom won't make the trip regularly now but will to MK, as long as tickets are sold it doesn't matter who is there

This I agree with - what I don't agree with is the sanctimonious attitude Parklane is putting across whereby people who can't or won't go that far aren't bothered about supporting the team and anyone raising the points are bitching

This I agree with - what I don't agree with is the sanctimonious attitude Parklane is putting across whereby people who can't or won't go that far aren't bothered about supporting the team and anyone raising the points are bitching

Sanctimonious that is a good one coming from you, and every time that MK is brought up there are those who bitch about the traveling etc etc you must have missed that :rolleyes:.

We are getting a new ground that will enable us to progress as a big club and it will be the best thing that has happened to our club in many years. Now to do this we have to move out and yet all I hear from some is " its too far" " its a pain to get to" " its going to cost more" " I will not go"" etc etc etc, its been done to death yet the same old bitching starts every time MK is mentioned.

But of course you ( somehow) miss this. As I have said those who choose to spend their money elsewhere and decide not to go then fine ( others will take their place) but rather then accept that they still want to bitch about it. As I have said you pays your money and takes your choice. Sorry if you think that telling it like it is does not suit you, Sanctimonious my arse.

I can agree with most of that, some chose to spend their money on other things, booze, eating out, eurodance records, drugs etc etc, that is their decision and of course they are entitled to it, but to bitch about not being able or wanting to go to MK is not the same.

Sanctimonious that is a good one coming from you, and every time that MK is brought up there are those who bitch about the traveling etc etc you must have missed that :rolleyes:.

We are getting a new ground that will enable us to progress as a big club and it will be the best thing that has happened to our club in many years. Now to do this we have to move out and yet all I hear from some is " its too far" " its a pain to get to" " its going to cost more" " I will not go"" etc etc etc, its been done to death yet the same old bitching starts every time MK is mentioned.

But of course you ( somehow) miss this. As I have said those who choose to spend their money elsewhere and decide not to go then fine ( others will take their place) but rather then accept that they still want to bitch about it. As I have said you pays your money and takes your choice. Sorry if you think that telling it like it is does not suit you, Sanctimonious my arse.

The issue, which is quite plain to see, has nothing to do with the above and is with you saying people who won't travel to MK to watch Spurs or who dare raise the issue of extra £1000's of travel expenditure and hours of travel time 'can't be bothered to support the team' which is offensive for a number of reasons not least because you're calling in to question other peoples support regardless of their reasons ir displaying any sympathy for their circumstances, a typical high horse stance - 'well i can do it so anyone else just can't be bothered' - now it could be that what you've written down doesn't reflect what you actually mean and if that's the case then fair enough, however your subsequent posts on the matter don't seem to suggest that to be the case and all you've done is reinforce that position of yours, in which case id be best leaving it there and bite my tongue

The issue, which is quite plain to see, has nothing to do with the above and is with you saying people who won't travel to MK to watch Spurs or who dare raise the issue of extra £1000's of travel expenditure and hours of travel time 'can't be bothered to support the team' which is offensive for a number of reasons not least because you're calling in to question other peoples support regardless of their reasons ir displaying any sympathy for their circumstances, a typical high horse stance - 'well i can do it so anyone else just can't be bothered' - now it could be that what you've written down doesn't reflect what you actually mean and if that's the case then fair enough, however your subsequent posts on the matter don't seem to suggest that to be the case and all you've done is reinforce that position of yours, in which case id be best leaving it there and bite my tongue

You are right about leaving it there, funny you should mentioned horses though. What's that old saying " you can lead a horse to water but you can not make him drink".

I can agree with most of that, some chose to spend their money on other things, booze, eating out, eurodance records, drugs etc etc, that is their decision and of course they are entitled to it, but to bitch about not being able or wanting to go to MK is not the same.

There are many reasons some people won't be able to go to home games in MK mate. Here's a couple. Imagine a Dad with younger kids. Gets the dispensation to go to the Lane as he's back by, say, 6-6.30. Add two hours onto that for MK. Kibosh! Probably has to negotiate for half the amount of home games he could go to before. Financial is a big factor too, like it or not. It would be a great gesture if the club could make a deal with one of our many sponsors to offset the train costs for, say, ST holders and members. You know, a tenner off each day return train ticket on match days. Would not be hard to put into action. What you have to remember is that even if someone has a limited budget and has chosen to forgo any other 'pleasures' so as they can go to the Lane every two weeks, the extra 25-30 quid a home match, added with the time, could well be a backbreaker. It is what it is, we all want the better stadium especially as it is in the same area/location as our proper spiritual home, but there is no doubt at all that MK is going to be a tricky one and that it isn't black and white as to who will/won't go...

Back