• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

No doubt. But with half the seats and people, there was a greater proportion of "die-hard" support in old WHL. It was also closer and more raw. The sanitised roomy stadium does have a different feel/vibe. It is a sensational stadium. There isn't another as good in the UK, but it would be even better if we and the club develop a stronger fan culture possibly with additional areas designed for more vocal support. Like @Glenda's Legs I'm all for proactive initiatives as the whole experience is heightened and improved.

Atm there is all the hopes - and then disappointment - of fans aspiring to reach the top. That is what drives fans narrative right now. What we need
to develop is a stronger sense of 'us against the world' and togetherness. When losing, rather than whinge, sing harder as a way of saying fuk you to everyone else.

A standing zone in the East Stand could amass a section of fans who are more vocal, and create a bridge from the South Stand all the way around to another more fervent "banter" section next to the away fans. It might cost some money on seats, but the overall experience would be enhanced massively. If you get just half the ground singing it creates an awe-inspiring, intimidating, powerful home.

Its a sensitive subject, but if you have standing sections I don't see why you couldn't get more fans in too, within reason. This might allow you to offer cheaper tickets to younger supporters without giving up too much revenue.

I would love the club to be brave here, be bold.
The east stand makes a fortune and the seats you would lose I’d wager are premium priced or even corporate (or close too)
It wouldn’t create the income and change the vibe of that stand
What’s needed is less c£&ts in the south stand
In my row and block there is a decent effort to sing but then you get 10/20 tourists every game who don’t know the songs or the people near them. It creates a void and that’s not their fault
I had a. Korean fan next to me for the Brighton game. Really nice guy and passionate about the game. He didn’t know the songs or chants but did try to join in.
You need a fixed block of people who go every week in numbers and add to that the peopep
Who come for the one offs but what to show the passion like @Robbo mentioned. Then you have a chance

We have one guy one seat up from me who is a club singer in Tenerife. He is always trying to sell his tickets. We asked him to move one seat along for the city cup game (bear in mind he sells his for 7/8 games) and he wouldn’t move (it was so my godson could sit with his dad). He said he needed the same seat as it has a great view and it would be odd not to be in front of the Iranian guy behind him… one seat. He then spends all games being biased towards spurs for every decision whilst moaning about the players. That’s a spurs fan in a nutshell

The east stand makes a fortune and the seats you would lose I’d wager are premium priced or even corporate (or close too)
It wouldn’t create the income and change the vibe of that stand
What’s needed is less c£&ts in the south stand
In my row and block there is a decent effort to sing but then you get 10/20 tourists every game who don’t know the songs or the people near them. It creates a void and that’s not their fault
I had a. Korean fan next to me for the Brighton game. Really nice guy and passionate about the game. He didn’t know the songs or chants but did try to join in.
You need a fixed block of people who go every week in numbers and add to that the peopep
Who come for the one offs but what to show the passion like @Robbo mentioned. Then you have a chance

We have one guy one seat up from me who is a club singer in Tenerife. He is always trying to sell his tickets. We asked him to move one seat along for the city cup game (bear in mind he sells his for 7/8 games) and he wouldn’t move (it was so my godson could sit with his dad). He said he needed the same seat as it has a great view and it would be odd not to be in front of the Iranian guy behind him… one seat. He then spends all games being biased towards spurs for every decision whilst moaning about the players. That’s a spurs fan in a nutshell

I did say it would cost money to elevate the atmosphere. And you'd only need a strip of the East for a dedicated hardcore to help carry the songs around. You'd lose some revenue (as stated) but with safe standing be able to accomodate more fans. I'd personally make a section available to fans by application at a cheaper price. If you're younger and dedicated you get an elite 'army' ticket - with premium views.

I don't understand why people get a season ticket and sell it on most of the time. I guess it gives them guaranteed access when they want it. But the club should find a way to discourage it. There are ample tickets for more or less every game in returns etc. And you get to try different areas of the ground. Your Tenerife club singer sounds like a dimond mate. Hopefully he belts it out full Vibrato :p

It makes sense for the club to invest in the stadium atmosphere for many reasons: it improves the spectle for fans, it enhances the Spurs brand, and it lifts performances on the pitch. Investing in younger fans also makes business sense. Ticket revenue is paltry compared to TV cash. When the club spends £10m a year on Ndomble's wages, I think we can afford to lose a couple hundred thousand a year investing in the 'product', creating a better atmosphere. And it has to be coordinated. Someone needs to lead and put in place iniatives or else Tenerife singer and crew will take over! :D

I don't understand why people get a season ticket and sell it on most of the time. I guess it gives them guaranteed access when they want it. But the club should find a way to discourage it.

I agree with this. I don't have a season ticket so there might be things in place, but a cap on how many times you can resell it seems to make sense. Obviously that doesn't stop someone from selling it unofficially, but it would be a good start.

We have one guy in our group has had an ST for 10 plus years and goes 2/3 times a season
Doesn't have work issues either, can't work out why he bothers
So he can say he is a St holder
I’ve missed 5 home games so far because I was away with work overseas or holiday (like wolves)
I give my ticket to my mate for my godson to go
Brentford game I was meant to be in Finland (there next week now) so u gave it to him. Flights got cancelled so I brought another ticket so I could go…
For me it should be you lose a loyalty point every game you sell on the exchange. But that creates a bigger black market

I agree with this. I don't have a season ticket so there might be things in place, but a cap on how many times you can resell it seems to make sense. Obviously that doesn't stop someone from selling it unofficially, but it would be a good start.
I have a ST for my lad but sell on most of the games because his mother doesn't want him going. Had to fight to get it put in the divorce agreement that I could bring him 4 times a season. It's nice that he can say to his Dipper/United supporting mates that he goes to the games and has a season ticket while they're watching their clubs pretty much exclusively on TV.

So something like that would f**k him but, looking at it objectively, I think what you're proposing is fair.

I have a ST for my lad but sell on most of the games because his mother doesn't want him going. Had to fight to get it put in the divorce agreement that I could bring him 4 times a season. It's nice that he can say to his Dipper/United supporting mates that he goes to the games and has a season ticket while they're watching their clubs pretty much exclusively on TV.

So something like that would f**k him but, looking at it objectively, I think what you're proposing is fair.
Your being too grown up

Is it part of the new sanitised ground. I remember the first games there sitting next to fans who were cut from different cloth so to speak. Outside of the South stand the majority are viewers rather than participants. The stadium is bright, with lots of space to feel self-conscious. Many are used to watching from the comfort of their sofa. Observers.

The irony is that a good atmosphere makes it better for everyone. You feel moved and part of something, win lose or draw. Togetherness is the true antidote to disappointing performances. It doesn't matter if we lose if there is a spirit of them against us, and never say die support. Somehow we need to instil a fan culture of singing harder when losing. Get some fresh songs and try to create other areas in the ground with die-hard support. The area next to the away support could be one place to focus on. The club could create a new space alongside, make it standing only, give it an appropriate name and let the banter commence.

Because when all is said and done, it is not the results that make football enjoyable, it is the energy and shared emotions.

Don't forget personalities change in time as well. I join in the chants and songs but wouldn't say I'm particularly loud but I also lean towards the more introverted side as well. Half the people going barely leave their houses or interact with people anymore which doesn't help.

People have definitely become more fickle and entitled, it seems the higher prices get the more entitled they become.

It also feels lot more manufactured like in Europe now, big flags, pre planned chants etc. I always like the spontaneity of chants in the PL.

Don't forget personalities change in time as well. I join in the chants and songs but wouldn't say I'm particularly loud but I also lean towards the more introverted side as well. Half the people going barely leave their houses or interact with people anymore which doesn't help.

People have definitely become more fickle and entitled, it seems the higher prices get the more entitled they become.
The fickle and entitled bit is key
Booing at half time has happened a few times this season… not much but still!!!
How does that ever help

The fickle and entitled bit is key
Booing at half time has happened a few times this season… not much but still!!!
How does that ever help

I guess people take the view that if they're paying £100 a ticket the least they expect is for players to put in a bit of effort. For the majority the 2 go hand in hand - players put in more effort which gets the crowd going. What you need is a crowd who can get the players going when things aren't happening.

I guess people take the view that if they're paying £100 a ticket the least they expect is for players to put in a bit of effort. For the majority the 2 go hand in hand - players put in more effort which gets the crowd going. What you need is a crowd who can get the players going when things aren't happening.
Fans can’t judge effort, they just have an option which is generally unqualified
Fans also don’t know the circumstances of that players fitness for example
It’s just toxic behaviour and we are up there with the best at being worst

Fans can’t judge effort, they just have an option which is generally unqualified
Fans also don’t know the circumstances of that players fitness for example
It’s just toxic behaviour and we are up there with the best at being worst

People are far more intolerant these days, not helped by media always telling us all what mistakes were made, all of us make mistakes in life and have off days and we don't have millions of people discussing it within minutes of it happening. Football clubs have most of us by the balls and we accept almost anything except perceived lack of effort and even that is ok if we win.

What the fudge has it got to do with her where you take your son on your time with him. fudge I hate women, they literally hate men having any sort of fun.

It also feels lot more manufactured like in Europe now, big flags, pre planned chants etc. I always like the spontaneity of chants in the PL.

It is very true. The club is big on 'inclusion' for different sexualities. Which is awesome. But there is a more hidden inclusion that needs greater attention. Spurs should be a family, an intimate place where everyone feels part of something. If you're isolated being part of a positive energy in the stadium should fill you up with pride, emotion, and strength. And it is up to the club and fans to develop the atmosphere and narratives. That is not contrived, that is leadership and creating the environment for everyone to feel at home - as we try to for gay supporters too.

What the fudge has it got to do with her where you take your son on your time with him. fudge I hate women, they literally hate men having any sort of fun.
Ah without going too deep into it, you wouldn't believe the fiasco that went on. Every time I brought him, she kicked up a stink and went to the extent of taking his passport to stop him going to a game. Police had to be called at one point.

Why a mother wants to stop a lad doing what he says is his favourite thing in the world to do beats me.

Back