• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur FC vs South Coast Big Club OMT ***

Southampton have integrated Ramirez, Yoshida, Rodriguez, Clyne, Davis and a few others to their team this season after promotion. Adkins started it, Pinocchio has continued it. Overall they look and have looked more cohesive than we have done for most of the season

Southampton - Bought players to upgrade the ones they currently had. Sold? Nobody special.

Spurs - Sold two of their best players. bought players to replace them.

:-k not exactly the same. Plus Adkins was the one to integrate them, which Poch hasn't had to do.

nothing wrong with it. Its like some people like to moan and not enjoy a win, trying to pick every little problem and be negative about the littlest of things.

Rubbish.

Two totally seperate things.

I was delighted when bale scored. Relieved even. But I still say the performance sucked, and I fear what Chelsea could do to us in the same circumstances during the week.

In short, we have to play better.

I just don't know what fudgenig fans want or expect from us. Now we haven't been great, but we have ATROCIOUS ATROCIOUS strikers; we havne't replaced modric or VDV; Sandro missed half the season, Parker missed half the season and he isn't a patch on who he was last year. We are MUCH MUCH weaker than last year, but look more solid than I remember ever supporting spurs; we're not as exciting consistently before; but I have no doubt we will when we get the players in/ We are 4th. We could easily get champions league, and people still moan.

UNBELIEVABLE!!

lol .. Agree , any first eleven is much weaker than last year, our strikers have been poor and Sandro has been a big, big miss.

Our fans are awful too, I mean really awful... On a forum , I'm not really that bothered but at the Lane it does irk me . You'd think in the position we're in the league, the WHL faithful would sing up the team but they just moan at every little mistake. then we wonder why the players are edgy playing the home games. I was actually in a state of shock when they let out a loud cheer for the Bale goal.

Rubbish.

I was delighted when bale scored. Relieved even. But I still say the performance sucked, and I fear what Chelsea could do to us in the same circumstances during the week.

not disagreeing that we have to play better. Bale is papering over the cracks, but I am more than happy right now that we can play like we are and pick up 3 points. Lets get us to the summer, and sort it out then, bring in players AVB would like for what vision he has at the club and we go from there.

Southampton - Bought players to upgrade the ones they currently had. Sold? Nobody special.

Spurs - Sold two of their best players. bought players to replace them.

:-k not exactly the same. Plus Adkins was the one to integrate them, which Poch hasn't had to do.

dont you see a problem in a team containing Bale, Defoe, Lennon, Dempsey, Thudd, Dembele/Holtby being outmanouvered/outplayed by a small south coast team fighting relegation?

Has no one remembered... These are the games we play brick in. Wigan, Stoke, Fulham, West Brom... Couldn't beat.

On the other hand, we've beaten Arsenal, United, Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool this season.

We'll do better against Chelsea than we have in this game, I'm 100 confident. Main thing is we won, lets push on and beat these cvnts. COYS!!!

dont you see a problem in a team containing Bale, Defoe, Lennon, Dempsey, Thudd, Dembele/Holtby being outmanouvered/outplayed by a small south coast team fighting relegation?

No. I don't.

Why? Because football isn't played on paper, the stronger team don't always look better. It's not black and white.

I like the fact that we grind out results. I like we play until the final whistle. I like we win games like today and that we have a record amount of points.
But I am not enjoying the way we are playing at home.(Nice little last 30 minutes against city excepted) Away-no problem.

The same club took took 4 points from chelsea and 3 points from city this year.

Rubbish.

I wouldnt listen to Mumorn (he screms game over when we go 1-0 down)

It was a terrible and atrocious performance. Goals from Bale continue to mask over the inept performances. Im not gonna blame AVB for this, and like last season I will blame the players. The players today were shocking. It was lethargic and lacking of any purpose. We had our first shot in or around the 70th minute (Dempsey) and Bale got the winner - what a player and he was fudging terrible - but great world class players can produce even quiet for 80 odd mins.

Its an excellent result but what an inept performance.

Scaramanga can you explain why you credited AVB for Parkers improvement in making forward passes but solely put the blame on Parker when things go bad? Scaramanga can you explain why you're hell bent on attaching AVB to Bale's success but are so quick to make reasons for the players who have performed poorly?

Wishful thinking I suppose. For two matches Parker did what I was crying out for him to do all last season - unfortunately he then returned to the same old Parker.

Of the other players you listed, only BAE IMO has regressed. Partly that's because when he's pressured in defence (like today) there isn't someone hugging the touch line for him to pass to. He does seem to be switching off in defence again though.

Poor performance, but I'm delighted with the three points.

Not sure why we were so poor, we looked really disjointed in the first half, nothing was working really. Might be a nerve issue, can't imagine that it's a lack of desire. I think AVB was smart in his press conference not being too harsh on the players, they need the confidence they can get going into the Chelsea game.

Seems like we'll have to get a win at the bridge, or rely on other teams to help us out in the last two rounds. Will be very tough, but we've been able to up our game against big teams this season and I hope and think we'll at least make it a close game. A game situation that will probably be a better fit for us than having (attempting) to control a game against Southampton at home.

Dembele and Lennon have a small probability of playing on Wednesday. Big blow that. Even if they play they won't be 100%.

Confidence was the first reason IMO for the nervous performance, the second was the total ineptitude of Jermain and Clint to move into (at the very least) the channels/wide properly. How many times did BAE have the ball in the first 20 minutes, look for a quick pass like the sort he would usually play with Bale, and no-one had come into the space for him? Clint (a player I think is good as a squad member and a player I think has his value for sure) simply went inside and Jermain just did what Jermain does, which is loiter but not really move too smartly. The pace gets dictated from a couple of places, and upfront is key for sure. I fully expect a flood of abuse from the usual for the following, but our game got better when Adebayor came on.

I think our CBs both looked tired again, brave performances from each but they're tired and I hope AVB has Caulker prepped and ready perhaps for the weekend if not Wednesday.

But the truth is, before the game I felt this would be like Bolton at home a few seasons ago during our CL run, and so it proved to be.

So glad I avoided this thread for a while...COYS

Dembele and Lennon have a small probability of playing on Wednesday. Big blow that. Even if they play they won't be 100%.

We need fully fit players Wed. We cannot afford an ineffective Azza. I'd like Dembele of course, but we can ride his loss. Ade has to start.

:lol: DFS with that flimflam. Keep it up.

Whilst I totally get that people cant control themselves in game I would expect a certain amount of 'cooling down' & perspective a few hours after the result.

In the main we played bad but were lucky enough to have a quality player to make the difference..........I love reading all the fans views during games but its slightly upsetting that spurs fans still want to rip into one another apart after..........

just calm down peeps and look at things logically........if we do finish top 4 no-one of us will give a poo poo about this peformance in a few weeks time.

That is not to say that level of peformance is acceptable and I would hope AVB & coaching staff reminded a few of that...........

Come on are we spurs fans......??....(LETS BE HAVING YOU).....sorry Delia............

LETS STICK TOGETHER and discuss our points a little calmer......

not a dig mumorn.....enjoy reading your posts just a call for unity......peace....

Whilst I totally get that people cant control themselves in game I would expect a certain amount of 'cooling down' & perspective a few hours after the result.

In the main we played bad but were lucky enough to have a quality player to make the difference..........I love reading all the fans views during games but its slightly upsetting that spurs fans still want to rip into one another apart after..........

just calm down peeps and look at things logically........if we do finish top 4 no-one of us will give a poo poo about this peformance in a few weeks time.

That is not to say that level of peformance is acceptable and I would hope AVB & coaching staff reminded a few of that...........

Come on are we spurs fans......??....(LETS BE HAVING YOU).....sorry Delia............

LETS STICK TOGETHER and discuss our points a little calmer......

not a dig mumorn.....enjoy reading your posts just a call for unity......peace....

=D>

Back