• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur FC vs South Coast Big Club OMT ***

Awful performance but MASSIVE 3 points and at this stage of the season that is all that matters. We have to play better on Wednesday and hopefully we will.

So the manager has nothing to do with how the player performs? Even at a very base level he's set the team up to get the best out of Bale's attributes - that's before any coaching, helping with confidence, etc that they do almost every day.

If you are (somewhat ridiculously) giving AVB all the credit for Bales miraculous performances, they you equally have to blame him fot the total ineptidute of the rest of the team.

I gotta say siggy coming on changed the game, put them on the back foot from the start.

Awful, awful performance. Could very well happen again at home to Sunderland. I'm really not sure why it keeps happening at home. It's like we wait for specific moments in games to decide to play.

Maybe there's something in it from a strategic standpoint, staying solid and professional until the opportunity arises. Maybe this is how to make a squad over perform in terms of results, rather than be swashbuckling constantly and run the risk of getting caught out.

Southampton weren't exactly battering is today, but we were really bad with the ball. We won't always get Baled out.

What?!

AVB sets out the team shape and game plan - he doesn't get the performance out of a player.

Terrible game, awful to watch yet again.

We really look like one of the worst teams in the league at the moment.

Soton are a good side only lost 1 in 7 before today including a win against Chelsea.

A win and a draw gives us ECL IMO

Thank fudge that is over.

Well thats a minor miracle!

The way were playing ...it sounded like we could have played all week and not scored....

Why do we play like this...are we not as good as we would like to think?

we know that we desperately need some inspiration from the team from somewhere...Bale will need some more class in the squad

for next season ...if he stays........................................................

BALE BALE BALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come ON You SPURS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:lol:

Delighted, naturally. But not even all the Gloss in B&Q can cover up the performance prior to that goal.

Those of you that said you'd take the win over a performance, here you go. Don't give a brick about an inquisition into how we played. JOB DONE.

fudge's sake, Woolwich have just scored...

Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated 2m

Bale: "I won`t celebrate against my old club today." #THFC pic.twitter.com/AQu08QR9n8
Retweeted by The Spurs Show

BJb0QhGCAAEkzOB.jpg

flimflam. I'm a huge AVB fan but sticking him out the left for the majority of the game where he couldnt get in a position to run and shoot with his left foot was stupid by AVB.
Also Hudd in a 2 man midfield?
And Defoe and Ade in combination upfront? That on was kneejerk redknapp like decision.

What was the alternative? Leave him double marked in the middle or switch Lennon to the left meaning that BAE had to become the overlapping fullback (not quick enough) and Walker had to be the sitting one (not disciplined enough).

Hudd did perfectly well in the middle. Some good passing, very important blocks and very little of their play came through the middle - the problems were mainly CBs switching off in the channels.

Also, Defoe & Ade together there changed the game. I don't rate either of them this season, but it worked.

This is spurs, we play to the level of our opponent. Fully expect a much better performance next week against CSKA London.

What?!

AVB sets out the team shape and game plan - he doesn't get the performance out of a player.

Terrible game, awful to watch yet again.

We really look like one of the worst teams in the league at the moment.

AVB gets credited for every little thing by some. Bale has a monster season = AVB. I remember certain people (go to the Raeding home match thread) that credited AVB for Parker making forward passes and being more creative ...the same people then absolutely destroy parker the rest of the season for his apparent diabolical performances (no blame on AVB this time).

The whole season we've performed turd water at home yet AVB is exempt from criticisms because "we don't have a strike force" or "he needs to sign the players he wants to play his formation"..literally no blame is put on him at all (funny that AVB has to be given credit for Bale but fudge all is said about Ade's utter brick performances under his managment). So in summary, bale's performances are down to AVB, Ade's brick perofmances are down to Ade, and when parker is good it's because of AVB but when he's bad it's parkers fault (nothing to do with AVB deploying him as a box to box mid).

Is our team minus Bale a mid table team? i would say player for player wise we're about 7th without Bale but we'd sure as hell be well below that without him.

Back