• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur FC v Swansea City AFC OMT

Unlucky to be down, I think we've played really well. Working our socks off. A pleasure to see. Double up on montero and more of the same, please!

We're playing okay. Don't think Chadli has touched the ball. Eriksen has been the best player on the park. Lamela needs to help Walker out more. Dier and Alli have been fine. 2-2 draw.

I made a joke the other week that Dier was playing like Pirlo...might end up being serious if he makes more passes like that one.

We're keeping the ball well and playing some good stuff, but switched off twice & two goals conceded. Playing both Eriksen & Chadli is currently too easy for them to defend.

Eriksen and Lamela both have had a great first half. Chadli by comparison has been really poor. He's not offering anything out there.

I'd like to see Carroll come on seeing as we have so much possession. The pace of the other two options won't offer us much.

N'Jie for Chadli at half time for me. Fight pace with pace. Montero is causing us problems, lets have Njie just run at Rangel and give us an outlet. At the moment, we dont have one.

Swansea deservedly ahead, in my view; they've looked more dangerous coming forward than we have. We look jaded and sorely lacking quality ball in the final third.

We're playing okay. Don't think Chadli has touched the ball. Eriksen has been the best player on the park. Lamela needs to help Walker out more. Dier and Alli have been fine. 2-2 draw.

Now I know you're not watching the game.

N'Jie for Chadli at half time for me. Fight pace with pace. Montero is causing us problems, lets have Njie just run at Rangel and give us an outlet. At the moment, we dont have one.

Sounds good. We've got to try something as Chadli not getting in the match so far.

Really good half . Very unlucky to be under, they had one chance and still they are 2-1 up . I think we will win this . Eriksen is on fire , Alli has been poor though.
I am also expecting more from Kane , he has to get a goal now , no excuses . ( yeah I know he had a lucky goal against City )

Would be so sexy if we lost today after thumping Emirates Marketing Project. Spurs are the one team in world football that you just cannot predict results for.

Oof, that was a good half marked by two or three abysmal lapses in concentration (Walker losing Montero/Verts losing Ayew and Kane) and a standard Eriksen rocket.

Chadli hasn't really made an impact so far, but generally we've looked fairly comfortable. Might want to bring on Carroll as @ModricTHFC points out.

Eriksen and Lamela both have had a great first half. Chadli by comparison has been really poor. He's not offering anything out there.

I'd like to see Carroll come on seeing as we have so much possession. The pace of the other two options won't offer us much.

Compared to Eriksen, Chadli has been outstanding.

Doing most things right, apart from in the penalty areas...

@Squawka
Swansea 2-1 Tottenham
HT: Shots: 5-10
Possession: 46%-54%
Chances created: 3-7
Pass accuracy: 76%-84%

I'll be very disappointed if we don't get at least a point, we are doing ok on the ball, but have defended poorly a couple of times. I think if we can get it to 2-2 by 75 mins, we can do our patented late winning goal. But we got to switch on at the back and Walker needs some help against Montero, he's struggling a little bit imo.

Swansea deservedly ahead, in my view; they've looked more dangerous coming forward than we have. We look jaded and sorely lacking quality ball in the final third.

I think you're maybe looking at through nervous Spurs fans glasses as we've been well top overall
Doing most things right, apart from in the penalty areas...

@Squawka
Swansea 2-1 Tottenham
HT: Shots: 5-10
Possession: 46%-54%
Chances created: 3-7
Pass accuracy: 76%-84%

It's a very open game as it always is against Swansea. They let us play as they always do, and we need to find a bit more quality in the final third to create more clear-cut chances.

Swansea are exploiting our high pressure strategy. They build attacks on the right side, knowing we like to compress a lot of players defensively, hoping to win the ball high up the pitch. They then switch play to Montero when Lamela has pushed over, leaving Walker isolated with Montero. Their first goal was superb football. Lamela perhaps needs to play more conservatively on the right, though, to give Walker more support defensively.

They also find Gomis too easily with a long ball in behind our defence. Defensively this half has been too similar to how we looked last season.

Eriksen is looking better than he has done in a long time, and he has been our best and most dangerous player.

We will get our chances to score, and there will be more goals in this game. We just need to get the next one.

Swansea look more dangerous because they are just looking to hit on the counter. Chadli for me has been ok. He lacks the finesse of Lamela, Son and Eriksen but he has been involved.
Dier has again been very good in midfield, though I'm not sure we need to say that anymore as it's a given.

Back