• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toronto

I like certain cities in the winter. New York is better in the winter than in the summer. I am sure Canada is similar. I love snow etc.

Central Park looks great in the snow, but having been to New York in both summer and winter, I prefer going there in the summer even though it can get unbearably hot.

Vancouver always looks amazing when I see it in films, think Tron Legacy was filmed there.

I've always heard that Toronto is a real cosmopolitan city, like London and NYC.

Central Park looks great in the snow, but having been to New York in both summer and winter, I prefer going there in the summer even though it can get unbearably hot.

Vancouver always looks amazing when I see it in films, think Tron Legacy was filmed there.

I've always heard that Toronto is a real cosmopolitan city, like London and NYC.

Cosmopolitan maybe but it's quite boring in comparison. Still a lovely place to live.

Never been to Vancouver but from hearing about it apparently its better than Toronto.

Love Toronto a much younger crowd and the girls are much more friendly and nightlife is brilliant.

Montreal a bit of an older crowd but girls are friendlier than Toronto and much hotter.

I would move to Toronto though as Montreal just seems like a big village then again I was there for three days. Toronto appears more of a business district

I can't stand Montreal. Good luck in the winter there too. Was there over New Years and it was -30. fudge that.

Montreal's a good party city.
Vancouver is chilled out, expensive, but a great mix of city life and the great outdoors.
Calgary is flat but with the ominous mountains in the background. Love their hockey and skiing/horses. Banff is a sweet place to visit.

I love all of it for different reasons.

Tommy - Montreal is a cool city man - I like the hybrid of French Canadian. I dont mind the cold and love snow so could be my ideal location.

I think Canada is a seriously underrated country and seems sane i.e. without the stress you would find in UK or America. They seem to be out of the limelight - I like that. I hate Australia - detest it (love Melbourne though) so Canada seems barring America, the most feasible option for relocation.

Tommy - Montreal is a cool city man - I like the hybrid of French Canadian. I dont mind the cold and love snow so could be my ideal location.

I think Canada is a seriously underrated country and seems sane i.e. without the stress you would find in UK or America. They seem to be out of the limelight - I like that. I hate Australia - detest it (love Melbourne though) so Canada seems barring America, the most feasible option for relocation.

I've been giving grief every time I've been to Montreal. Wrong directions, making brick up etc just because I was clearly not Québécois. I love the snow and cold too (partly why I moved here in the first place), but Montreal is on another level to Toronto. I couldn't live that cold for that long.

And I'm a bit over Canada in general. Dunno what it is, just not my home and I need a change. Looking forward to going back to Sydney soon.

So, yeah... I'm applying for a job in Montréal, and should I be so lucky to actually get it, how is it? Good music scene? Difficult to find a place to watch a football game? Good/cheap restaurants? Stuff to see and do?
Or how is it to live in Canada in general? Is it possible to get internet with more than a 5GB download capacity? Is it actually 16% tax in Quebec? -30 in the winter, warmer than home, no biggie.

Back