• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

Quick, at the very least a decent dribbler, good crosser and two footed.

He's a winger. What more do you need? If we manage to set him up one on one against full backs he will cause problems. Not Bale-esque problems, but seems to be a talented young winger.

Yes I think he may come good. From what I see he has all the tools. He just needs some coaching to bring the best out of him.

He's crap, move him on.

I'm sure you would love to be proved wrong and hopefully you will be at some point.

He's an acadamy youngster who has shown good technique and awareness in europa league games, which brought up various comparison's to Modric's style of play by coaches, players and fans alike. Can play central midfield and a playmaker on the wing. He has had several loan spells of mixed success. He is slight of frame and 20 years old.

I'm not going to say he's going to be our world class saviour, it would be as stupid as writing him off as crap and saying we need to move him on. We'll see how he develops, I think he could be a useful player.

I'm sure you would love to be proved wrong and hopefully you will be at some point.

He's an acadamy youngster who has shown good technique and awareness in europa league games, which brought up various comparison's to Modric's style of play by coaches, players and fans alike. Can play central midfield and a playmaker on the wing. He has had several loan spells of mixed success. He is slight of frame and 20 years old.

I'm not going to say he's going to be our world class saviour, it would be as stupid as writing him off as crap and saying we need to move him on. We'll see how he develops, I think he could be a useful player.

Found the quotes from Sherwood(http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/teenager-tom-carroll-growing-in-stature-at-spurs):

"He could play for them [Barcelona], no question," Sherwood said. "He's got the lot. He's technically good enough, sees a pass, can pop it [the ball] round the corner and only Jake Livermore [the 21-year-old midfielder] runs more than him in a game in the first team."

Talking about the England youth team coaches: "They said 'Tom who?'," Sherwood said. "That's not right. They should be going out and watching games. But then you just have to look at the England Under 21s and see they have got three centre halves playing in midfield. They are powerful boys but you need a bit of both, a bit of a ballplayer. Carroll played against Stoke and they couldn't lay a glove on him."

It seems to me he is the best player on our books to replace Modric so I would like to see him on the bench and starting some Europa and Capital one cup games. There is a player with huge potential there I don't want to see it wasted.

It seems to me he is the best player on our books to replace Modric so I would like to see him on the bench and starting some Europa and Capital one cup games. There is a player with huge potential there I don't want to see it wasted.

I agree he looked the best of the youngsters in last years Europa Games.

I know loans are not the be and end all of development but do you think his loan at Derby is anything to worry about? I believe after the first few games they stopped picking him. Livermore seems to be the only real exception cos he also had many average loans spells but most of our better prospects have all had decent spells at various clubs (Caulker, Townsend, Kane, Walker, Naughton). I wonder if they will try to get him another loan to a club that likes to get the ball down and play?

interesting point. for flair players in the midfield its just dembele and him i guess. dembele to start, carroll to sub when we're winning?

I think maybe he was a little lightweight for the championship where athleticism seems to take precedence over skill. That's why I think some Europa league appearances would be more helpful than another championship loan.

Play him now, we could use a dynamic little player that can keep the ball well and pass intelligently.

I think maybe he was a little lightweight for the championship where athleticism seems to take precedence over skill. That's why I think some Europa league appearances would be more helpful than another championship loan.

Yeah - a Derby mate of mine said he used to get kicked off the park and generally have the ball hoofed over him. Mind you, that kind of experience in Bosnia apparently made Modric.

It would have been good to see him loaned to somewhere like Swansea, Norwich (he's obvious a better prospect than Kane re the 1 player 1 club rule, but then I suppose Norwich already have Howson who is similar to Carroll) or Wigan.

We are a bit short on ballplaying CMs, so I do wonder if AVB may fasttrack him ahead of Hudd due to his Moutinho-like qualities.

Did he feature in many of the friendlies this year? Certainly worth a go.

Championship is too brawly for a player like that.

Back