• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

Just goes to show we have some real brick youngsters at Spurs. Home grown and all that. Who was the last person that made it proper style. Livermore? Hardly Jack Wheelchair esque is he.

It's because of the neglect of the youth system in the Sugar years that we have had very little coming through over the past ten years. But I think we've got some decent players coming through the system now:

Caulker, Townsend, Carroll, Livermore, Mason, Kane, Adam Smith, Button........two or three of them could make it at Spurs. The others should go on to have decent careers at lower Premier League or Championship clubs, IMO.

Agreed. And there'd be no point loaning him to another Premier League club if he's going to sit on the bench for them or not even be in the squad. We'd be better off keeping him with us and using him sparingly in cup matches - and maybe the occasional league game, if we're short of a few.

One thing I like what we have done recently is our youth players play the same system as our senior team, it really will make the transition much easier when they are ready to make the step up. I think we are better off keeping him and letting him develop and get the odd cup match and reserves than sending him to play hoofball in the Championship. Ideally as you said it would be great if we could get him into a team like Swansea that plays our style of football where he can get regular match experience but that is easier said than done.

I still have high hopes for Carroll, Ceballos, Mason and Luongo all of them have great technical ability first time in ages we have had some youngsters that have that kind of skill in their locker.

Just goes to show we have some real brick youngsters at Spurs. Home grown and all that. Who was the last person that made it proper style. Livermore? Hardly Jack Wheelchair esque is he.

Arsenal focus on the youth. They have the philosophy drilled right down to the under 10s most likely. They will learn the technique and to pass and move at a young age. You're bound to get one come through.

One thing I like what we have done recently is our youth players play the same system as our senior team, it really will make the transition much easier when they are ready to make the step up. I think we are better off keeping him and letting him develop and get the odd cup match and reserves than sending him to play hoofball in the Championship. Ideally as you said it would be great if we could get him into a team like Swansea that plays our style of football where he can get regular match experience but that is easier said than done.

I still have high hopes for Carroll, Ceballos, Mason and Luongo all of them have great technical ability first time in ages we have had some youngsters that have that kind of skill in their locker.

I haven't seen anything of Ceballos or Luongo. I like what I hear of Luongo, in particular, though. Ceballos certainly seems to be technically gifted but I guess that it's the physical side of the game that will prove a greater challenge for him in England.

Don't get the love-inby some for Carroll at this stage and not sure he can make the step up to loanee at a Prem club just yet. That said; it's based on what I have seen of him - I may be wrong.

Arsenal focus on the youth. They have the philosophy drilled right down to the under 10s most likely. They will learn the technique and to pass and move at a young age. You're bound to get one come through.

Most of the Arsenal kids were poached as 16-18 year olds.

Don't get the love-inby some for Carroll at this stage and not sure he can make the step up to loanee at a Prem club just yet. That said; it's based on what I have seen of him - I may be wrong.

You always rate your own youngsters over those at other clubs.

I really rate him. Saw him in midfield for 2 hours up at the Britannia last season in the Milk/Rumbelows/Worthingtons/CocaCola Cup.

Land of the fudging giants in midfield, but he was unfazed, just got on and played nicely. Maybe a tad ambitious with some of his passing, but fudge me, I'll take that at this stage!

Looks a tidy enough little player. Can see why he didn't fit in at Derby/lower level, his biggest strength is his passing/recycling of the ball a la Modric. At a lower level he doesn't have the players moving around him to keep his sharp quick passing game going.

Not sure he'll ever cut it here or at any level (you never know what way these young 'talents' will go), but at this moment in time he looks like he has potential, probably needs to toughen up a little though.

Tim Sherwood had some very good things to say about him a year ago or so. I think that's what really started the hype around him. Will be interesting to see how he develops, certainly way too early to write him off just because he's a bit small.

I agree with nayim that sending him on loan to a Championship team that tries to play football would be a decent plan. Swansea would be great of course, but I don't think they would go for him as one of their starting players, if even as a bench player.

tottenham's focus at U-10 level is all about individual flair, trickery and taking on opponents (or at least it was - maybe that'll change with AVB in charge).

In training they would do things like one on one with keepers than try to do an outrageous piece of skill and take it round the keeper and score.

It was really all about the individual. During games they would be encouraged to get the ball and run at the man, even if it was suicidal in the last line of defence.

If Arsenal do preych pass and move its almost an opposite philosophy.

Players like him will struggle in poor, lower level sides, the game/style won't allow them to play their game. He was quite tidy for us the couple of times he played.

Interestingly Townsend was poor while on loan last season but I have been told by a number of people that he was our best player a couple of days ago

Yet to be convinced on Townsend myself. I cant see what it is about him that has people rating him so highly.

Obviously would love to be wrong, but I dont ever see him as a regular for us.

Yet to be convinced on Townsend myself. I cant see what it is about him that has people rating him so highly.

Obviously would love to be wrong, but I dont ever see him as a regular for us.

Quick, at the very least a decent dribbler, good crosser and two footed.

He's a winger. What more do you need? If we manage to set him up one on one against full backs he will cause problems. Not Bale-esque problems, but seems to be a talented young winger.

Back