• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

I agree with Bishop’s analysis on this tbh. It’s a bit one dimensional to expect all of our goals to come from tap ins via crosses from the wingers into the 6 yard box. As we all know, teams adapt and figure you out. We need something cleverer than that when that tactic doesn’t work or teams stifle us. A front line of Werner, Richy and Johnson is hardly the most skilful attacking trio.

I agree, but we gave up on the tap ins via crosses from the wingers inside 10 minutes against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and had literally nothing else.

I agree, but we gave up on the tap ins via crosses from the wingers inside 10 minutes against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and had literally nothing else.

That’s why we need players who can do more supply crosses for tap ins. You can only impose your style of play on every other team if you are the likes of Pep’s Barca or City teams or Klopp’s teams to an extent to who didn’t change their style when they played City away. Arteta has adapted scum’s style for some of the big games.

That’s why we need players who can do more supply crosses for tap ins. You can only impose your style of play on every other team if you are the likes of Pep’s Barca or City teams or Klopp’s teams to an extent to who didn’t change their style when they played City away. Arteta has adapted scum’s style for some of the big games.
He adapted their style for one game this season and it’s likely cost them the title… that defensive set up at city rather than their usual attacking ethos may be the difference… negatively

He adapted their style for one game this season and it’s likely cost them the title… that defensive set up at city rather than their usual attacking ethos may be the difference… negatively

But it worked enough to get them 4 points against them this season. The first match between them was hardly free flowing football either. Could argue of course they should have been more bold considering Emirates Marketing Project had a depleted defensive unit and Ederson injured.

But it worked enough to get them 4 points against them this season. The first match between them was hardly free flowing football either. Could argue of course they should have been more bold considering Emirates Marketing Project had a depleted defensive unit and Ederson injured.
Yep
If they lose by 2 points its that change that cost them

Yep
If they lose by 2 points its that change that cost them

I actually think it was way more than 2 points lost.

Spurs more than most should know that there is a difference between competing and winning.

Arsenal went to City and admitted they couldn't stand toe to toe, that their best bet was to play how a midtable team would. Pragmatic view, gained them a point, physiological view? who knows, did that tell a group of players who multiple years in a row under this manager have stumbled at the last step that despite all progress, City was still a side to be feared??

Grealish will be available this summer. Any thoughts on him?
I really like him by the way so I’ll start with that
Grealish always slows play down, he receives it and takes 5 touches to move 1 yard, then looks up and takes a few more touches, cuts back inside and lays it off.
That is the opposite of what Large Angelos wants; he wants immediate sprint wide - attack the line - fire it into the corridor.
Grealish thrived when there was a bit of space, he could cut inside and curl one into the far corner, but City always face a packed defence.

If the Chelsea move hadn’t happened and we signed him as a relatively unknown player i think the majority would be extremely happy with his contribution.
If he was younger then yes, because his potential curve would feel like he might improve further, but at his age he's the finished article. Although I already knew him well from His Leipzig days tbh.

If the Chelsea move hadn’t happened and we signed him as a relatively unknown player i think the majority would be extremely happy with his contribution.
I think if we signed an experienced wide player from a good European side for £15m no one would argue
The key is for some that Chelsea baggage. For others it’s the lack of goals
For Ange I don’t think either has any relevance

Last edited:
Grealish always slows play down, he receives it and takes 5 touches to move 1 yard, then looks up and takes a few more touches, cuts back inside and lays it off.
That is the opposite of what Large Angelos wants; he wants immediate sprint wide - attack the line - fire it into the corridor.
Grealish thrived when there was a bit of space, he could cut inside and curl one into the far corner, but City always face a packed defence.
If we had him and Deki doing something similar on the other side Ange would have achieved exactly the opposite to what he had planned tactically:)

Reactions: jrh
I think if we signed an experienced wide player from a good European side for £15m no one would argue
The key is for some that Chelsea baggage. For others it’s the lack of goals
For Ange I don’t think either has any relevance

Where a player comes from doesn’t make any difference to me. I have no issue with us signing ex Arsenal or Chelsea players as long as they can help the team. It would be really silly for people to hold grudges like that.

As for the last sentence, I would hope Ange values goals, guile and creativity personally.

Where a player comes from doesn’t make any difference to me. I have no issue with us signing ex Arsenal or Chelsea players as long as they can help the team. It would be really silly for people to hold grudges like that.

As for the last sentence, I would hope Ange values goals, guile and creativity personally.
That’s exactly what I mean
Ange doesn’t care about the other things if a player does what he needs
Some of our fans do unfortunately

That’s exactly what I mean
Ange doesn’t care about the other things if a player does what he needs
Some of our fans do unfortunately

Caring about a player being skilful enough to unlock tight defences and contribute goals isn’t an unreasonable expectation for fans of a club that someday wants to win the league or compete for it at the very least.

Caring about a player being skilful enough to unlock tight defences and contribute goals isn’t an unreasonable expectation for fans of a club that someday wants to win the league or compete for it at the very least.
Werner has won several titles, including a Champions League in which Chelsea fans will tell you he contributed plenty

Back