• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

Out for the rest of the season according to the official site

Ange Postecoglou has confirmed that Timo Werner will miss the rest of the season.

The forward, who joined us on loan from RB Leipzig in January, was forced off after 30 minutes of Sunday's north London derby with him holding the back of his leg as he was replaced by Brennan Johnson.

And it has now been confirmed by our Head Coach that the Germany international has picked up a hamstring injury. Now with just a few weeks of the season remaining, it is not expected that the forward will be back in action before the campaign concludes.

Speaking to SPURSPLAY ahead of his press conference as we look ahead to Thursday's clash with Timo's former side Chelsea, Ange said: "Unfortunately, we've had a couple of issues from the last game. Timo with a hamstring (issue), so he'll miss the rest of the season. Obviously, with only three weeks to go, he won't be back."

Sometimes from adversity, comes a new solution. Without our left siders (Udogie, Davies, Werner Edit: Solomon Perisic Sessegnon) we are now forced to change, and might hit upon something interesting such as a new formation or different job roles within game e.g. Richie and Deki up top with 352 or 4222 or 4312 or something else bizarre

Last edited:
It hopefully means Son back on the left for the run in anyway. I know it has coincided with Richarlisons injury, but Werner, Son, Johnson had terrible balance and offered nothing against deeper defences

I've been mulling over the Werner loan / signing.

I'd like to see Spurs have big balls and clear out everyone on loan; Ndombele Rodon Spence Tanganga et al and all the other shmo's like Gil, Solomon, Sessegnon even Lo Celso, Skipp et al including Werner.

Everyone who has been a bit meh, everyone who is not definitely good enough, should be got rid of, and replaced with players identified and scouted by our new recruitment team.

I would love the message that sends to the real stars like Romero i.e. don't worry about all those 'players', we're going to bring in some fresh players that can really walk the walk.

I'd like to see Spurs have big balls and clear out everyone on loan; Ndombele Rodon Spence Tanganga et al and all the other shmo's like Gil, Solomon, Sessegnon even Lo Celso, Skipp et al including Werner.

Everyone who has been a bit meh, everyone who is not definitely good enough, should be got rid of, and replaced with players identified and scouted by our new recruitment team.

I would love the message that sends to the real stars like Romero i.e. don't worry about all those 'players', we're going to bring in some fresh players that can really walk the walk.
Skipp will stock around for home grown numbers, agree with everything else. Would add Royal and Richarlison to the list.

Largely agree with the sentiment. I think Werner has been good tbh. Do I think we could sign someone better? I think so.

You need buyers.

You need buyers.

Genoa have a £8m option on Spence (which they'll surely take on), Sessegnon is out of contract and I imagine we'll release Tanganga to let him go to Millwall. Reguilon and Rodon we should be able to get modest fees for.

Ndombele, Hojbjerg and Lo Celso will be the hard ones to shift, as they won't want to accept the drop in their wages compared to hanging around for the last year of their contracts.

Genoa have a £8m option on Spence (which they'll surely take on), Sessegnon is out of contract and I imagine we'll release Tanganga to let him go to Millwall. Reguilon and Rodon we should be able to get modest fees for.

Ndombele, Hojbjerg and Lo Celso will be the hard ones to shift, as they won't want to accept the drop in their wages compared to hanging around for the last year of their contracts.
Sessegnon has thee same contract left as lo celso and Tanguy
Rodon we will make a profit on. His stock has gone up
Reggie has been decent but his wages are an issue for most clubs

Sessegnon has thee same contract left as lo celso and Tanguy
Rodon we will make a profit on. His stock has gone up
Reggie has been decent but his wages are an issue for most clubs
Im pretty sure there's a difference - Sess is 5+1, while the other 2 of Hitchen's calamity trio were just 6yr.

So we could extend Sess, but it'll be better to do nothing and offload his wages

Im pretty sure there's a difference - Sess is 5+1, while the other 2 of Hitchen's calamity trio were just 6yr.

So we could extend Sess, but it'll be better to do nothing and offload his wages

Heard that. Duuno where. Transfermarkt has his contract running out 2025 though.

Soo he's pretty much gone I reckon, based on Ange's comments in the embargoed presser section.

He'll make his decision post season but it'll depend on what they have in place for summer.. I.e if we can get our top targets, Timo has done well but is surplus to that.

Back