• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

He's not a top forward to be fair, so we can't hold him to that standard. He's a decent player but still not one I'd want to be our primary wide attacking addition this summer.

Our views are very much aligned regarding our forwards. Hopefully we will sign one or two in the summer. Wouldn’t surprise me if Solomon gets moved on.

He's not a top forward to be fair, so we can't hold him to that standard. He's a decent player but still not one I'd want to be our primary wide attacking addition this summer.
I want Spurs to be the best team in the PL and therefore capable of winning the CL.
I don't think we can do that with substandard forwards.
I know Liverpool did great things with Origi as backup, and I know Werner did great things with Cheatski somehow... but I just struggle to believe that plucky ol' Spurs can achieve greatness with second rate players in the front line.
I don't want Wellbeck, nor Origi, nor Solanke in and around our first team, as they just aren't at that level.

Give the guy till the end of the season at least before writing him off. He's just getting going.

Problem is some are stuck on repeat and now can't even acknowledge decent games. I get people might not want him long term but he was very good yesterday

For me in 6 games he has been a spark, I can't write off something I haven't seen enough of either. Will add Solomon to that, I do find it funny people writing him off after what? 3 games?

Last edited:
I want Spurs to be the best team in the PL and therefore capable of winning the CL.
I know Liverpool did great things with Origi as backup, and I know Werner did great things with Cheatski somehow... but I just struggle to believe that plucky ol' Spurs can achieve greatness with second rate players in the front line.
I don't want Wellbeck, nor Origi, nor Solanke in and around our first team, as they just aren't at that level.
Pools forwards yesterday were substandard and they are losing Salah this summer
that will leave Jota as their best finisher and he has a poor injury record
the rest if their forwards are very hit and miss (literally);

Problem is some are stuck on repeat and now can't even acknowledge decent games. I get people might not want him long term but he was very good yesterday

For me in 6 games he has been a spark, I can't write off something I haven't seen enough of either. Will add Solomon to that, I do find it funny people writing him off after what? 3 games?
I've seen Werner many times for Cheatski. Neither Werner nor Havertz were reliable finishers. They make Sterling look like a deadly sniper. I was very pleased when Arse bought Havertz. Likewise I was very pleased when Cheatski bought Aubameyang. These guys are not it. They just aren't.

I think there's a pretty decent consensus that another attacking player should be one of the big priorities come the summer. And that Werner isn't that player.

As a squad player I'm very happy with him so far and probably would be happy with him joining us permanently come the summer. But I don't think he should be the only, or the main, attacking addition come the summer.

He's been good tough. Bit wasteful with his shooting and that obviously plays into a preexisting narrative around him. I think that narrative is true, but perhaps a bit overstated at times. But overall he's had a really positive impact. Think he could prove fairly versatile in this system too, that's really good for a squad player.

Pools forwards yesterday were substandard and they are losing Salah this summer
that will leave Jota as their best finisher and he has a poor injury record
the rest if their forwards are very hit and miss (literally);

Not been confirmed if Salah is going this summer, although it is fairly likely. Their forwards are still better than ours IMO.

I think there's a pretty decent consensus that another attacking player should be one of the big priorities come the summer. And that Werner isn't that player.

As a squad player I'm very happy with him so far and probably would be happy with him joining us permanently come the summer. But I don't think he should be the only, or the main, attacking addition come the summer.

He's been good tough. Bit wasteful with his shooting and that obviously plays into a preexisting narrative around him. I think that narrative is true, but perhaps a bit overstated at times. But overall he's had a really positive impact. Think he could prove fairly versatile in this system too, that's really good for a squad player.

Personally I still think we need to be aiming higher than Werner. If it’s Werner AND another, better forward to come in this summer that wouldn’t be the end of the world I suppose, but we should look at other players first.

If we’re signing at least one (hopefully two) forward then it makes sense that one may need to go. Johnson isn’t going anywhere given what we paid for him. Richarlison has done enough to keep his place in the squad. Son definitely ain’t going and given Solomon’s injury record it’s not crazy that we might be thinking of moving him on.

I see now that Dier has left some people still need a player to criticise even when we win, even though said player had a good second half.

But I guess we are Spurs fans, it is what we do.

Reactions: jrh
Not been confirmed if Salah is going this summer, although it is fairly likely. Their forwards are still better than ours IMO.
Salah aside.. I don’t agree
We will see what happens
Jota is class
The rest are not
They may develop, they are young… but then apart from son, so are ours

Same could be said for our forwards. Son is class, the rest aren’t even close. They’re top of the league currently. I’d say that’s at least in part because of their forwards.

100%
Helps if you get a lot of decisions go your way that are key and clinical in games
But they arguably should have a lot more goals
Nunez misses a lot
Gakpo… would you have him?
The key for them is Jota and Salah
No coincidence both were missing at the weekend and they offered nothing up top (22 shots but 2 on target)

100%
Helps if you get a lot of decisions go your way that are key and clinical in games
But they arguably should have a lot more goals
Nunez misses a lot
Gakpo… would you have him?
The key for them is Jota and Salah
No coincidence both were missing at the weekend and they offered nothing up top (22 shots but 2 on target)

Not sold on Gakpo. I’d take Salah, Jota, Nunez and Diaz. Probably not Gakpo.

I wouldn’t take diaz
Very much for me a flat track bully
I wouldnt take gakpo
Nunez could be anything but k can’t see him taking up Salahs goal tally when he goes

Pretty sure they’d sign a replacement for Salah when and if he leaves. Nunez is more of a number 9, not a winger.

I was interested in his miss. To me, I've not been so confident a player wouldn't score from that position since Zokora in the 2008 LC final. You could see as soon as he went through that his mind froze and he was crippled by indecision. Something you'd never ever see from Son (our other player who has the pace to get into those situations).

However, I also think it's potentially fixable. His goal was easy because it was instinctive - he didn't have time to think. So the solution is just mental coaching to stop the overthinking.

It might not happen - Jenas never got himself out of that hole. Werner also isn't a kid. But I think there's some hope there with a bit of psychological work.

Complaining about Werner's finished and wanting to sign Nunez? Are people genuinely blind? 🤣

No one has said sign Nunez. Pretty sure they wouldn’t sell to us anyway so it’s a moot point. We were comparing the front line of Liverpool vs ours. I said their forwards as a unit are better. Not really a controversial opinion considering they’re top.

Back