• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

there was a stat during the game. That he had 5-6 shots. And that he never had that in his whole chelski career in one game.

I will give him time. Was his first game. He has pace and vision out wide. But yes, needs to do better with hitting the target. The one from the skipp pass was a big disappointment.

someone did a data review of his Chelsea career, basically it can be spilt into two
- Him playing on left pre to the getting Pulisic (I think)
- Him playing through middle with Pulisic on left

His stats on the left are significantly better

Hopefully he can be the playereveryone thought he had the potential to be. Then £15m seems an amazing bargain even if he'son big wages.

Good game overall. Bit up and down along with the rest of the team, but great to see him make decisive impacts, even if he didn't score that will hopefully help him settle further.

Offered a decent variety of threat. Runs in behind, taking on his man, combination play. Not outstanding at any of them (apart from runs on behind perhaps), but a bit of variety helps.

Will be interesting to see if there's even more coming from him as he settles in and (hopefully) the rest of the team improves as well.

When we play with pace and get the ball to him early with space in front of him he is a real threat, not so much when the game is slowed down.
Once we get everyone back and fit we will see more of the game played at pace and he can really show what he can do.

Watching in person, stupid quick (at one point he gave away the ball, and his recovery run was VDVesque)

Had a good game, his teammates (Udogie, Bentancur & Maddison all guilty yesterday, especially first half) need to look for his runs more. 2nd half when we used the pace of him, Johnson and Udogie, Brentford had no clue. Really think chasing a game, Werner, Son & Johnson will be interesting.

Basically created 2 out of the 3 goals, at this rate, looks like a safe buy in summer.

Very quick, especially in short bursts to create space. He admitted he is 80 or 90 % and he feels his speed is increasing. He is enthusiastic and I am willing him to succeed.
He's happy to assist too and sees that as possibly his main contribution from out wide.
Kulu on the other side seems to want to score more than assist ?

Last edited:
Seems Werner should concentrate on his one huge positive (pace down the line, smack it across the CORRIDOR OF UNCERTAINTY and stick to that i.e. he is a poor finisher* so we will only glean full effectiveness if we play to that strength of his.
We don't expect Gil to win headers or score, we don't expect Hojbjerg to sprint down the wing, each player has their pros and cons, Werner is precisely what he is, that much is clear, and we must instruct his team mates to play him in down the wing, else why is he there.

*You know this. That header when he was outside the back post, unmarked and headed it 90 degrees off the pitch rather than 5 degrees back at the goal. My nan could do better. Note Neil Maupay is also a poor finisher, he somehow contrived to bundle the ball in, but my GHod it was lucky.

Seems Werner should concentrate on his one huge positive (pace down the line, smack it across the CORRIDOR OF UNCERTAINTY and stick to that i.e. he is a poor finisher* so we will only glean full effectiveness if we play to that strength of his.
We don't expect Gil to win headers or score, we don't expect Hojbjerg to sprint down the wing, each player has their pros and cons, Werner is precisely what he is, that much is clear, and we must instruct his team mates to play him in down the wing, else why is he there.

*You know this. That header when he was outside the back post, unmarked and headed it 90 degrees off the pitch rather than 5 degrees back at the goal. My nan could do better. Note Neil Maupay is also a poor finisher, he somehow contrived to bundle the ball in, but my GHod it was lucky.
Think he has more to his game than just sprinting down the line. Pretty good at combination play, pretty good coming inside. He's not a great finisher, but he can score goals.

Think he needs to continue being a varied threat, not being predictable.

Back