• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Time to cheer up and enjoy life

With so many on the waiting list there is never going to be many empty seats

Maybe replacing those who don't want to be there with ones that do will see an improvement then? Too many miserable gits who moan from the first minute to the last, we always hear how it's the new breed of supporter but I'm starting to think it's the 40+ bracket who have been around the block a few times which drag the place down

Maybe replacing those who don't want to be there with ones that do will see an improvement then? Too many miserable gits who moan from the first minute to the last, we always hear how it's the new breed of supporter but I'm starting to think it's the 40+ bracket who have been around the block a few times which drag the place down

I think that the rising age of the average fan could certainly be a contributing factor.

I think that the rising age of the average fan could certainly be a contributing factor.

I read somewhere a while ago we had one of the highest average-age fan bases in the country (if not the highest) - Thousands of people growing old, fat and bald together, no wonder it's such a miserable place :p

I read somewhere a while ago we had one of the highest average-age fan bases in the country (if not the highest) - Thousands of people growing old, fat and bald together, no wonder it's such a miserable place :p

It is rare for someone to be as enthusiastic and passionate about things in their 40s as they were in their teens and 20s.

Definitely lose the love every season by a bit, but if we had a CL season then I guess I'd get that bit back! Can't see it happening for a while mind you but least we have the big stadium to look forward to.

I think the main reason I lose the love for it is I see myself as a footballer reaching the end of my career. I'm 32 and haven't played for 6 months but properly for over a year now and I feel that as soon as I retired and stopped gracing the football pitch, then my love for watching the game gradually died and continues to do so.....

I wish the brain dead macarons who do nothing but bitch about this or that player as soon as the game kicks off would tinkle off and let there tickets go to those would love to be there. There is a few who sit near me and as soon as the whistle goes they start their tirade. This player is brick, that player is crap, Levy is to blame, the manager is to blame as he does not have a clue.

They moan about the ticket prices but they sound like they would be better off not going and spend the money doing things they enjoy, instead they sit there and bitch

With so many on the waiting list there is never going to be many empty seats
If they charged £50 a season just to be on the waiting list,refundable when season ticket bought that list would halved at least.The irony is that the bigger the stadium the easier it will be to get a ticket thus making a season ticket even less of a necessity. I imagine that a couple of seasons into the new stadium other levels of membership will be added to generate more funds.

It's going to be a juggling act for them, but I suspect the last thing ENIC have in mind is making it a buyers' market for tickets.

If they charged £50 a season just to be on the waiting list,refundable when season ticket bought that list would halved at least.The irony is that the bigger the stadium the easier it will be to get a ticket thus making a season ticket even less of a necessity. I imagine that a couple of seasons into the new stadium other levels of membership will be added to generate more funds.
They do charge £50 a season to be on the waiting list - difference between one and Bronze membership is really only the season ticket waiting list ( a handful of tickets on sale one day before but normally people wait until the next day any way).

Not that surprising, we haven't had a great deal of success in the last 20 years. Well, we have done compared to 95% of the clubs in the league, but not compared to the teams above us.

We must have lost a generation of fans in the 90s/early noughties.

Not that surprising, we haven't had a great deal of success in the last 20 years. Well, we have done compared to 95% of the clubs in the league, but not compared to the teams above us.

I think that's right in some respects. I live in Winchmore Hill and it used to be relatively even between Spurs and Arsenal, but in recent times there are far more Arsenal shirts. It's ok though, as Chelsea have shown, a bit of success and the glory hunters will come back. That's why the Harry Kane's of this world are so important.

It is rare for someone to be as enthusiastic and passionate about things in their 40s as they were in their teens and 20s.

I do my best!
But equally, one thing the 'younger generation' have now, is this belief that everything is their divine right to happen NOW. Buy the new clothes NOW. But the top geezer NOW. Instant success NOW. That sort of thing...

Absolutely, the impact of the Sugar- late-Francis-Gross-Pleat era cannot be overestimated. Put simply; Bergkamp or Fox? :(

I do my best!
But equally, one thing the 'younger generation' have now, is this belief that everything is their divine right to happen NOW. Buy the new clothes NOW. But the top geezer NOW. Instant success NOW. That sort of thing...

Couldn't agree more. The new graduates that we get at work nowadays don't understand the concept of work yet want all the trappings of a good wage now but without the hard graft.

I do my best!

I want it and I want it now is the worst thing about the younger generation. No patience and no fun in seeing something built.

Back