• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Temporary Tim

Quite. We would regress to mean even under the stewardship of a drunken chimp.

That's not a comment on whether Sherwood's any good or not, we'd need a far larger sample size than that. Merely that we will almost certainly improve anyway.

From what NBD has been saying, I think he has a chance as long as he cuts out all this distancing himself from AVB nonsense.

That would be very entertaining. I'd be excited see a drunken chimp in the techcnical area, not least to see how the 4th official kept him in the box. There would be problems though, as a drunken chimp in the manager's dugout is a potential banana skin…

:-"

It was not an inept decision. AVB made the inept decision to not play Ade and deserved to go,.

That would be very entertaining. I'd be excited see a drunken chimp in the techcnical area, not least to see how the 4th official kept him in the box. There would be problems though, as a drunken chimp in the manager's dugout is a potential banana skin…

:-"

Not bad!

One thing is for sure. Levy needs to appoint someone, and fast, for AT LEAST THE REST OF THE SEASON. Otherwise the media will kick ten shades from us with the sort of misleading ****e in the Bale/Telegraph blurb, our squad will become even more unsettled than it most likely is AND we (the supporters) will be left wondering WTF is going on.

This is the toughest time I remember for over a decade. Vital vital game Sunday. In fact, I make it our most important of the season by some stretch.

Honestly, most teams will set up in a general formation that will suit the players available too them and will have a set way of playing. I don't rarely care if we set up 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 or whatever as long as the way we are playing plays to the strengths of our players.

What i would like to see from our next manager be it "Temporary" Tim, De Boer or some no mark i've never heard of is a bit of flexibility and some idea of how to adapt our formation/style to change how a match is going for us. It was the one thing that disappointed me with AVB this season. He showed no flexibility whatsoever and refused to deviate from the game plan until desperation hit and then his idea was to chuck on (initially) Defoe with Soldado which wasn't going to work or Ade against city which opened us up even more.

I saw nothing wrong with setting up 4-4-2 at home against West Ham if the idea was to go out, be aggressive and get an early goal or 2, though would have preferred a slightly more defensive player in centre mid. It didn't happen we tried to keep the tempo up, couldn't sustain it and didn't react when West Ham started to go more direct. It was the non-reaction that cost us the game in the end.

If Tim is given the job in the short term, so be it, he'll have my support. At the moment i would prefer a more experienced successful manager but i can't see many options out there and i think we have seen the past few years that its not a guarantee of anything.

So Tim thought we should have slowed down the tempo and kept possession? Oh really? You'd think that these players would be able to do that with their eyes closed: after all isn't that what AVB has (over) drilled them into doing this season?
The fact that they didn't is almost certainly down to HIS instructions and HIS changes implemented since AVB's sacking.

To me, sounds more like somebody plucking what he believes to be suitable and likeable phrases and soundbites to cover his own ****-up(s)

i really think people are massively over analyzing the W.Ham
that game was a dead rubber tbh as it came at the culmination of 4 days where the manager had been sacked, a new man put in charge just to "take training" initially and also a decimated squad.
we shouldnt underestimate the impact all this things have on the players mentally (upheaval in any profession will affect short term performance) nor should be accredit all that much influence to Sherwood (Ferdinand and Ramsey - both of whom seem oddly overlooked on here), positive or negative, after such a short amount of time "in charge".

We can only make a considered analysis after a few games (6 or 7 IMHO)

I don't give a f uck what you call it. The teams that are playing 2 strikers are top 2 and United won the League last year with 2 strikers.

We even have people on here suggesting that Ade is a midfielder.

A rose (not Danny) by any other name etc..

Who's said that?

Who's said that?

No one.

I think what people are suggesting is that in a 4-4-2, he'd be dropping deeper of the two strikers almost making him a fifth midfielder which in theory makes sense.

crazy isn't it.

someone wanting the club to fail just so he can laugh at all of us being ****ed off at another inept decision by our chairman.

Are you still whinging? I actually think Sherwood would be a success.

Last edited:

i'll have a 2 chicken wing(ers) and chips please

here here!

1273212602563.gif

It was not an inept decision. AVB made the inept decision to not play Ade and deserved to go,.

Maybe but I'm sure you can also recognise what an inept decision it were by Daniel Levy to give us Adebayor?

We were warned by Gooners and Emirates Marketing Project fans , that once the ink on the contract has dried, then the level of the player's performance goes down substantially.

How quickly some forget , this is the player who held up signing for us on a permanent, because he wanted to eek out every last penny from our club . Having signed for us on deadline day, thus missing three league games , the fooker turns up unfit .
He had basically been partying all pre-season, whilst all other players in England were getting ready for the new season . And then was it , five goals scored all season in the league and countless couldn't give a feck performances bar the away game to the Chavs ?

Also he stuck two fingers up at AVB's generosity in giving him a couple of extra days off after the ACN by failing to turn up at the airport to catch the specially arranged plane to bring him home for a game. If memory serves me right, would've made him due to injuries the only available center forward to the manager.

It's like we've never heard of backing the manager against a player with a ****ty attitude.

Back