• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Sherwood has received some backing from Sir Keith Mills.

Board backing for Sherwood

Last Updated: 13/03/14 1:22pm

Tim Sherwood has received the backing of Tottenham board member Sir Keith Mills.

Mills says the Tottenham manager is doing "a great job" and his public criticism of his players following the Chelsea defeat just showed his emotion.

Sherwood laid into his team after the 4-0 humiliation at Chelsea last weekend saying there was "a lack of character" - but ex-Spurs striker Gary Lineker said such public condemnation of the squad was "unwise".

Mills, the former London 2012 Olympics deputy chairman who is a non-executive director at Tottenham, said Sherwood had every right to feel emotional at the display.

Mills told Press Association Sport: "We were playing well at Chelsea and we made some silly mistakes and we got thrashed 4-0, it happens.

"Inevitably when things don't go well the media are very keen to have inquests but if you are not prepared to take the rough with the smooth then you shouldn't be involved with football.

"He was very emotional and upset and if I had his job I would probably be emotional and upset. When he got back to the training ground I am sure he would have sat down with the players and analysed where it went wrong and try to find a way to make sure it doesn't happen again.

"This the cut and thrust and excitement of match-day but his job is to manage the team and that means understanding how each week we can improve.

"We think he is doing a great job, the results since he took over have been good and he knows like every player on the pitch that success is based on performance. He will be in a great place if we do well and if we don't he won't, the same for every player in every football club in the world."

Speaking at the Sport Pro Live conference in London, Mills said that the Spurs players had to work to cut out the kind of errors that saw Chelsea capitalise to critical effect.

He added: "The Premier League is one of the most competitive sports leagues in the world with vast amount of money spent on the teams and the players and you can't afford to make too many mistakes.

"In most sports it is the teams or the athletes that make the fewest mistakes that wins.

"Last weekend we made too many mistakes."

Mills admitted that this was a "transition year" for Tottenham with so many new players arriving in the summer as Spurs splashed out on the huge transfer fee received from Gareth Bale's move to Real Madrid.

He said: "When you bring a lot of new players as we did in the summer, several players from all over the world it takes them a long time - and longer than we would probably like - to settle in together and in the Premier League. Many had not played in the Premier League before and it is a very different experience.

"I'd like to think the vast majority of the players we brought in will develop and stay and produce the value we believe they had when we bought them.

"This year is probably for us a transition year with a large number of new players and the manager's job is to make the best of it."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9211117

Sherwood has received some backing from Sir Keith Mills.

Board backing for Sherwood

Last Updated: 13/03/14 1:22pm

Tim Sherwood has received the backing of Tottenham board member Sir Keith Mills.

Mills says the Tottenham manager is doing "a great job" and his public criticism of his players following the Chelsea defeat just showed his emotion.

Sherwood laid into his team after the 4-0 humiliation at Chelsea last weekend saying there was "a lack of character" - but ex-Spurs striker Gary Lineker said such public condemnation of the squad was "unwise".

Mills, the former London 2012 Olympics deputy chairman who is a non-executive director at Tottenham, said Sherwood had every right to feel emotional at the display.

Mills told Press Association Sport: "We were playing well at Chelsea and we made some silly mistakes and we got thrashed 4-0, it happens.

"Inevitably when things don't go well the media are very keen to have inquests but if you are not prepared to take the rough with the smooth then you shouldn't be involved with football.

"He was very emotional and upset and if I had his job I would probably be emotional and upset. When he got back to the training ground I am sure he would have sat down with the players and analysed where it went wrong and try to find a way to make sure it doesn't happen again.

"This the cut and thrust and excitement of match-day but his job is to manage the team and that means understanding how each week we can improve.

"We think he is doing a great job, the results since he took over have been good and he knows like every player on the pitch that success is based on performance. He will be in a great place if we do well and if we don't he won't, the same for every player in every football club in the world."

Speaking at the Sport Pro Live conference in London, Mills said that the Spurs players had to work to cut out the kind of errors that saw Chelsea capitalise to critical effect.

He added: "The Premier League is one of the most competitive sports leagues in the world with vast amount of money spent on the teams and the players and you can't afford to make too many mistakes.

"In most sports it is the teams or the athletes that make the fewest mistakes that wins.

"Last weekend we made too many mistakes."

Mills admitted that this was a "transition year" for Tottenham with so many new players arriving in the summer as Spurs splashed out on the huge transfer fee received from Gareth Bale's move to Real Madrid.

He said: "When you bring a lot of new players as we did in the summer, several players from all over the world it takes them a long time - and longer than we would probably like - to settle in together and in the Premier League. Many had not played in the Premier League before and it is a very different experience.

"I'd like to think the vast majority of the players we brought in will develop and stay and produce the value we believe they had when we bought them.

"This year is probably for us a transition year with a large number of new players and the manager's job is to make the best of it."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9211117

The silence was so deafening that the best Timmeh's media buddies could manage was putting one of our non-exec directors on the spot at a public engagement.

I cannot tell you how hilarious i would find it if Sherwood is in charge next season..simply for your reaction GB.

I cannot tell you how hilarious i would find it if Sherwood is in charge next season..simply for your reaction GB.

I think it would be the same as everyone's reaction, when we start the season with Bentaleb and Livermore as our principal CM pairing, and Caulker is brought back as Verts' replacement to partner Dawson.

I think it would be the same as everyone's reaction, when we start the season with Bentaleb and Livermore as our principal CM pairing, and Caulker is brought back as Verts' replacement to partner Dawson.

i wouldnt mind seeing Caulker return actually, he has the raw talents and has gained 3 years of PL experience. A good talker, came through the ranks, id love to see him back tbh

Sometimes it is right to cherry pick. Overall performance this season is pretty irrelevant as the teams we faced in the Europa league group were so poor.

It's fair to say that Sherwood's Premiership performance has been better than AVB's.
It's also fair to say AVB's cup performance has been better than Sherwood's.
It's also fair to say that in Sherwood's defence (re: cups), the West Ham defeat was his first game in charge with hardly any time to prepare. The FA cup defeat was away to Arsenal so defeat was always a high possibility and his defeat to Dnipro was away to a decent opponent on a horrendous pitch.

That's not to say that I think Sherwood is doing massively better than AVB, he's just done the bare minimum in re-instating Adebayor and making us play the ball earlier, thus actually creating chances from open play.

We're still far from being a cohesive side.

And not to forget completely taking apart our ability to gain/keep the ball in defence and midfield ;)

Sometimes it is right to cherry pick. Overall performance this season is pretty irrelevant as the teams we faced in the Europa league group were so poor.

It's fair to say that Sherwood's Premiership performance has been better than AVB's.
It's also fair to say AVB's cup performance has been better than Sherwood's.
It's also fair to say that in Sherwood's defence (re: cups), the West Ham defeat was his first game in charge with hardly any time to prepare. The FA cup defeat was away to Arsenal so defeat was always a high possibility and his defeat to Dnipro was away to a decent opponent on a horrendous pitch.

That's not to say that I think Sherwood is doing massively better than AVB, he's just done the bare minimum in re-instating Adebayor and making us play the ball earlier, thus actually creating chances from open play.

We're still far from being a cohesive side.

I'd say we are performing worse now than at the start of the season, but somehow our results have improved slightly in the league. Of course, there's still a few games left. Whatever improvements we saw when Sherwood took over are all but gone now.

Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood is leaning towards a 'buy British-based' recruitment policy.

Despite a continental flavour to the club's current squad, underpinned by the £100million summer outlay spent on Paulinho, Christian Eriksen, Erik Lamela, Vlad Chiriches, Nacer Chadli, Etienne Capoue and Roberto Soldado, Sherwood is understood to be looking for players who have a better understanding of the Premier League.

He has warned that many of his squad are playing for their futures and much will depend whether he remains in charge himself.

He has held discussions with Daniel Levy this week regarding pre-season plans but results over the next few months could still be pivotal to how those plans are implemented.

Former QPR scout Ian Broomfield has returned to the club after turning down an offer to join Arsenal and players such as James Milner at Emirates Marketing Project and Winston Reid of West Ham United have been getting a mention as potential signings.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...onoplyanka-TRANSFER-COLUMN.html#ixzz2vrFVI58l
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

isnt that Lascelles at forest a nice little english prospect at cb? might be that we go in for him.

In all seriousness I think this buy british is just paper poop...main things to do this summer are to buy new cb's a lb and another striker. I reckon he would leave the midfield as is with one or two departures....Carrol back from loan.

If sherwoods still steering the ship I doubt there would be more than 4 signings....7-8 departures.

I'd say we are performing worse now than at the start of the season, but somehow our results have improved slightly in the league. Of course, there's still a few games left. Whatever improvements we saw when Sherwood took over are all but gone now.

Regression, regression, regression! ;)

I think James Tomkins at the Spammers is another TS would be interested in....we were always linked to him under Redknapp with Joe Jordan and Broomfield paying a few trips to watch him personally

The silence was so deafening that the best Timmeh's media buddies could manage was putting one of our non-exec directors on the spot at a public engagement.

Yeah because Levy and co are constantly airing their views in public aren't they........

Yes Sherwood has shown such a lack of willingness for playing Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho, even Capoue after whinging has had games. His biased for English talent is so strong, yet Townsend still struggles to get a start...

Yes Sherwood has shown such a lack of willingness for playing Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho, even Capoue after whinging has had games. His biased for English talent is so strong, yet Townsend still struggles to get a start...

Yes, but, what about at right back? He plays Walker, if not then he plays Naughton. The English bias is evident.

People seem to have made up their minds that Sherwood is Dave Basset Mk II, and that if he was in charge he'd be buying a bunch of non-technical English hoofers, employing neolithic tactics and approaching game preparation by shouting and throwing tea cups.

I think all that's both grossly unfair and likely not true.

People seem to have made up their minds that Sherwood is Dave Basset Mk II, and that if he was in charge he'd be buying a bunch of non-technical English hoofers, employing neolithic tactics and approaching game preparation by shouting and throwing tea cups.

??? modern day examples?

Might be funny for a second for some people's reaction .. but not for the club.

TS is a dead man walking .. blatantly obvious now, bar some dream world where we smash everyone else we play for the rest of season 3-0 or better, he's gone.

Might be funny for a second for some people's reaction .. but not for the club.

TS is a dead man walking .. blatantly obvious now, bar some dream world where we smash everyone else we play for the rest of season 3-0 or better, he's gone.

Just out of curiousity why is it blatantly obvious that he's definitely gone?

You forgot that he doesn't believe that midfielders need to defend :rolleyes:.

The joys of an internet message board.

You forgot that he doesn't believe that midfielders need to defend :rolleyes:.

The joys of an internet message board.

:~

Sherwood prefers midfielders who can do a bit of everything, which used to be the case before the mind numbingly boring 4-2-3-1 became all the rage about ten years ago.

Back