• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

do you think that LVG, Mourinho, Pep and every other good manager was born with a good formation printed in their mind??

all these managers tried different things at lower level clubs before finding their prefered method. you dont grow unless you learn on the job. trying different things IS the way you learn, IS the way you improve, IS the way you develop a wining formula. You dont just read a training manual in pre season and then start the season and everything works out. Just as players make mistakes early on in ther career then become world class so do managers.

the only difference with TS is his learning curve is a high profile one at a top job from the off. not saying hes the best manager ever or even the right pick for us but if you cant see the fact that a) so far hes done as good as anybody would do in ther FIRST EVER job and b) he will improve then you dont know football.

when you started your career at your present job were you as good on your first day as you are now?
TS managerial career so far adds up to LESS THAN HALF A SEASON and has us 5th in the most difficult league in the world surrounded by experienced and settled managers.

what else are you expecting????
You are absolutely right about TS. However Pep Guardiola came from a similar background. Just 1 year managing Barcalona B side before he landed the big one. Not saying Tim is the next Pep, but simply how, (like Liverpool did when they won European Cups for fun) it can be a good idea to promote from within.

Formations and tactics unfortunately come with time, something not readily available to the modern side. I will say though he needs a proper No.2 and not Les and Rambo. Best No.2 I can think of in last 5 Years is Rene Mullenstein. Is he available?

You are absolutely right about TS. However Pep Guardiola came from a similar background. Just 1 year managing Barcalona B side before he landed the big one. Not saying Tim is the next Pep, but simply how, (like Liverpool did when they won European Cups for fun) it can be a good idea to promote from within.

Formations and tactics unfortunately come with time, something not readily available to the modern side. I will say though he needs a proper No.2 and not Les and Rambo. Best No.2 I can think of in last 5 Years is Rene Mullenstein. Is he available?

I think he's right about TS as well, although I think he needs to learn a lot about keeping his emotions in check. His attack on the players was an emotional, reactive rant, which doesn't stand up to scrutiny since Sherwood declined Levy's offer to strengthen in January, by his own admission as he was happy with the players he inherited. This decision, IMO could cost us and Tim badly, as he potentially go into a crucial week against two top sides with one available centre-back.

The think about Guardiola, though, is that it is very easy, IMO, to come in and manage a settled team, which is the best in the world, which doesn't need any work, and which is full of motivated, intelligent players, that don't really need managing. The guy has then managed to land an almost identical job at another top club, who now have the best team in the world, with motivated, intelligent players that don't really need managing.

I'd be interested to see Pep put back in charge of Barcelona now, when Real Madrid look stronger than them and Atletico Madrid have caught up with the 'big two'.

I think its a very different gig to the one Sherwood found himself in charge of, which was a disjointed, disheartened group of players that had mostly been thrown together in the last two summer windows.

Saying that, I think Sherwood could have done a lot better job than he is doing and he isn't sticking to a settled plan or formation. But maybe this goes back to his complete lack of experience.

The Spurs job has definately come to early for him and as much as he is just the fall guy, we need a LVG or someone of that ilk to come in and make something out of the group of players we have.

Can't get that podcast to work :/

<iframe src="//www.spreaker.com/embed/player/standard?autoplay=false&episode_id=4168678" style="width: 100%; height: 131px; min-width: 400px;" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

just click on play!

Can't remember feeling this apathetic about Spurs before. Just waiting for the summer and him to leave and the next chapter to begin. We won't win the Europa with him in charge.

Interesting little read. This guy thinks that 'Sherwood's forthright approach' will most probably count against him. He also says that Sherwood would re-build the team as much as possibly if given the job and out of the 7 signings he would only keep Eriksen, something Levy would rather not see especially with a new stadium needing to be built.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-him-in-bid-to-remain-spurs-boss-9183478.html

Interesting little read. This guy thinks that 'Sherwood's forthright approach' will most probably count against him. He also says that Sherwood would re-build the team as much as possibly if given the job and out of the 7 signings he would only keep Eriksen, something Levy would rather not see especially with a new stadium needing to be built.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-him-in-bid-to-remain-spurs-boss-9183478.html

my GHod we really dont need another huge turnover of players. The question mark is out on many of the players signed in the summer, but surely they deserve a second season to get to grips with the PL. I would rather the current squad to remain settled and we bring in 2 or 3 key first teamers, a left back and possibly another striker as priorities. I would refuse to sell Verts and Lloris too, even if they demanded a move.

Considering his Timmeh's reported influence in the transfer committee, if he can't now work with the players he signed off, he hasn't got a leg to stand on.

This paragraph is key I think

"It is significant that Louis van Gaal and Cesare Prandelli, two of the candidates believed to have been sounded out by Tottenham for next season, are not known for demanding masses of money for new players. Van Gaal is, indeed, very adept at working with young footballers, and is regarded in Holland as a master of improving those he inherits. How Levy would love a coach like that."

I think people will be shocked by how good our current squad will become under LVG.

Considering his Timmeh's reported influence in the transfer committee, if he can't now work with the players he signed off, he hasn't got a leg to stand on.

"It is significant that Louis van Gaal and Cesare Prandelli, two of the candidates believed to have been sounded out by Tottenham for next season, are not known for demanding masses of money for new players. Van Gaal is, indeed, very adept at working with young footballers, and is regarded in Holland as a master of improving those he inherits. How Levy would love a coach like that."

I think people will be shocked by how good our current squad will become under LVG.

Yeah I gotta agree that we shouldn't be looking to turn over a lot of players in the summer. All of the summer signings look like they could be good players to me (even Chadli who has been the least impressive for my money) once they get to grips with the new league and new culture. The new manager or Tim needs to work with these lads and bring in no more than 2-3 players for my money. Otherwise, we're just transitioning again.

Levy advocates the DoF system for the continuity it brings but under Arnesen, Comolli and Baldini, we must have the highest turnover of players in the country for those periods.

<iframe src="//www.spreaker.com/embed/player/standard?autoplay=false&episode_id=4168678" style="width: 100%; height: 131px; min-width: 400px;" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

just click on play!
its works, thank you, that was very interesting........one thing about Stobart though, he does contradict himself when on one hand he says Spurs need to be looking at the 10 mill or less type signings like Lloris, Verts and Sandro who have performed well and not the big money signings like Paulinho, Lamela and Soldado who have struggled. Well, Spurs in the summer DID sign the likes of Chadli, Capoue, Chiriches and Eriksen for lowish fees hoping they were unearthing some quality bargains, so its not like Spurs have suddenly ditched their policy of spotting and bringing in cheap talent. The signings havent worked out so far, thats all, i mean how long did it take 8 mill Bale to show that he was a superstar???Stobart then says that Spurs missed out on Suarez, well Suarez cost 23 mill from the Dutch league. Surely thats the type of big money gamble that he is criticizing in the respect of Lamela for example. Hindsight is a great thing isnt it Mr Stobart

interestingly, both both Ramos and AVB were told before they took the job that Spurs had a policy of spotting cheaper talent and buying them and hoping they turn out to be top players. Both managers agreed to work within that framework but as soon as they took the job suddenly forgot the remit they agreed to and started demanding players like Eto, Villa and Moutinho, Hulk etc How do we know that LVG wont come in and demand to sign RVP, Iniesta and be supremely pi$$ed off when he doesnt get his way??

Jordy Claise is certainly the most decent deep lying playmaker that we could attract with LVG in charge. That was a good shout made in the podcast

Jordy Claise is certainly the most decent deep lying playmaker that we could attract with LVG in charge. That was a good shout made in the podcast

As hugely unlikely as it is I'd try bring in Bastian Schweinsteiger if the rumours of him leaving Bayern are true then worry about the other parts of the team as time goes by.

Never gonna happen of course but someone like that with Sandro and Eriksen be would incredible and exactly what we're looking for.

[video=youtube;XJ_kOi-lHFI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ_kOi-lHFI[/video]

As hugely unlikely as it is I'd try bring in Bastian Schweinsteiger if the rumours of him leaving Bayern are true then worry about the other parts of the team as time goes by.

Never gonna happen of course but someone like that with Sandro and Eriksen be would incredible and exactly what we're looking for.
if he is prepared to half his reputed 150k a week salary then im sure Levy will take a look;)

When did Fergie do it? I never recall him having a pop at players for "not having character", "some I can rely on. Some I can't" or "I won't forget about it when I get to the motorway but some will." I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong but I don't recall that sort of attack. The only criticism of his team I recall is him having a pop at them collectively (i.e. the team was sh!te today).

On Saturday, if Fergie was managing us, I bet he'd have come out and said "This is the second time in as many months that we've wrongly had a player sent off and a penalty awarded against the top 4. It's ridiculous. It's hard enough to compete on our budget but when you're getting those sorts of decision against you, you can't win. It's scandalous. The FA need to have a look. We could have been better, we've made some mistakes and I'll correct that during the week but the boys were out on their feet at the end because of that bad decision." You can be sure that behind closed doors, he'd have had his go at some of the players.

Next time there is a tackle in our area against a big club (Arsenal or Liverpool for example), the ref will think twice about giving it. The players know the manager has their back in public even if he ******** them in private. Fergie was the master of creating a siege mentality which is what a response like the above might have helped create.

Are you available in the summer?

interestingly, both both Ramos and AVB were told before they took the job that Spurs had a policy of spotting cheaper talent and buying them and hoping they turn out to be top players. Both managers agreed to work within that framework but as soon as they took the job suddenly forgot the remit they agreed to and started demanding players like Eto, Villa and Moutinho, Hulk etc How do we know that LVG wont come in and demand to sign RVP, Iniesta and be supremely pi$$ed off when he doesnt get his way??

I would say because he's already made the move from Barcelona to AZ and shown that he's happy to go back to working within the restraints that entails.

Like when Bale used to play for his school using only his right foot, LVG would love nothing more than being able to beat Mourinho with one hand tied behind his back.

Yep. Him, Blind jnr. at LB and a cheapish creative young LF and that's all LVG would need to turn us into contenders.

So Sherwood wants transfer funds to replace half the squad to build a team which he may well change later because he's inexperienced and still experimenting with what works best???

Back