• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Sherwood's Premier League record is 26 points won from 36 up for grabs (72.22% won).

Over an entire season, that equates to around 82 points: that's 10 points more than our best ever Premier League total.

Tottenham Hotspur Manager's Records & Statistics 1898-2014

Out of the 12 games we have played in the PL, how many are against bottom half teams?

That's why a season is measured over 36 games, not 12 ... March will really show the numbers to be either real, or just inflated by poor opposition

Out of the 12 games we have played in the PL, how many are against bottom half teams?

That's why a season is measured over 36 games, not 12 ... March will really show the numbers to be either real, or just inflated by poor opposition

I bet over the last 7-8 seasons our results against those bottom half teams have been a lot worse, especially the teams that got promoted.....

38 games surely? ;)

I think Tim is doing a good job - so far, specially considering that he was thrown in to the deep end without any warning
and with no real managerial experience. I hope and wish he does well and delivers the results that we all want

However, there is *something* about him that I am not comfortable with. It is like I cant trust him. Like I would not do business with him !!!
I don't know if you guys know that sort of feeling. Like a gut feeling.

Maybe it is his looks, his way of speaking, his eyes, the way he smiles, the occasional wink, his sense of *humour*

I cant put my finger on it. I hope I am wrong

COYS

I think Tim is doing a good job - so far, specially considering that he was thrown in to the deep end without any warning
and with no real managerial experience. I hope and wish he does well and delivers the results that we all want

However, there is *something* about him that I am not comfortable with. It is like I cant trust him. Like I would not do business with him !!!
I don't know if you guys know that sort of feeling. Like a gut feeling.

Maybe it is his looks, his way of speaking, his eyes, the way he smiles, the occasional wink, his sense of *humour*

I cant put my finger on it. I hope I am wrong

COYS

Weak shoulders. I've put some scale on the following pic for reference (sorry about the red but it was the only colour that would show up).

tim-sherwood-interview-post-stoke-win-300x225.jpg

From the Cardiff post match discussion thread: http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showth...cussion-thread?p=521082&viewfull=1#post521082

It isn't as black or white as you are trying to paint it. It isn't ALL the managers fault or NONE of the managers fault in either the case of AVB or TS. Some of the responsibility for the poor displays must lie with the players whoever the manager is.

However, there is a big BUT coming. AVB CHOSE these players, spunked over £100m on them, had 18 months to sort out tactics and a playing style, had the benefit of two pre-seasons and two foreign tours to get this bedded in and presided over some of the most turgid displays and utter humiliations in recent memory.

TS has had a squad he inherited, many disillusioned and dispirited players, a team which couldn't score for love nor money and were conceding hatfuls, a humongous injury list in the middle of a season where every game is important. Sure he has made mistakes (and I have criticized him when he has done so IMO), but you do see the difference, don't you?

I'm trying not to bring AVB into this directly but I have to respond to the last paragraph about TS inheriting situations from AVB as a lot was biased BS imo:

A) AVB did have to manage with a humongus injury list as well (see the defensive line-ups vs Sunderland and Liverpool for evidence); it's not as if our injury woes only started after TS became manger

B) A team which couldn't score for love or money?? After the City 6-0 did we really struggle to score up until the Liverpool game?? I'll be happy for you to show me how we struggled to score between those games

C) Conceding hatfuls? If we played City and Liverpool under TS who says we wont do the same? After all, the City rematch went similarly to Liverpool game in that we had to deal with playing vs 10 men and then let in a hatful. Who says we wont get pummeled at Anfield? Or even at the Bridge on Saturday?

D) Disillusioned and dispirited players: all a matter of opinion; many argue that right now apart from 2 or 3, there are a similar number of players disillusioned and dispirited now under TS as they were under AVB. People keep mentioning the Belgians, Capoue, Holtby, Lennon, does Soldado look much happier now etc etc

As I say I really don't want to get into the AVB stuff again but I had to counter some of that..

So I will simply ask you the following:

1) what part of the poor displays under TS do you blame the players for?
2) What part of the displays that you consider good under TS do you credit to the players?
3) what part of the poor displays under TS do you hold TS responsible for?
4) and what part of the good displays under TS are down to TS in your opinion?

From the Cardiff post match discussion thread: http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showth...cussion-thread?p=521082&viewfull=1#post521082

I'm trying not to bring AVB into this directly but I have to respond to the last paragraph about TS inheriting situations from AVB as a lot was biased BS imo:

A) AVB did have to manage with a humongus injury list as well (see the defensive line-ups vs Sunderland and Liverpool for evidence); it's not as if our injury woes only started after TS became manger

B) A team which couldn't score for love or money?? After the City 6-0 did we really struggle to score up until the Liverpool game?? I'll be happy for you to show me how we struggled to score between those games

C) Conceding hatfuls? If we played City and Liverpool under TS who says we wont do the same? After all, the City rematch went similarly to Liverpool game in that we had to deal with playing vs 10 men and then let in a hatful. Who says we wont get pummeled at Anfield? Or even at the Bridge on Saturday?

D) Disillusioned and dispirited players: all a matter of opinion; many argue that right now apart from 2 or 3, there are a similar number of players disillusioned and dispirited now under TS as they were under AVB. People keep mentioning the Belgians, Capoue, Holtby, Lennon, does Soldado look much happier now etc etc

As I say I really don't want to get into the AVB stuff again but I had to counter some of that..

So I will simply ask you the following:

1) what part of the poor displays under TS do you blame the players for?
2) What part of the displays that you consider good under TS do you credit to the players?
3) what part of the poor displays under TS do you hold TS responsible for?
4) and what part of the good displays under TS are down to TS in your opinion
?

I don't wish to counter all the arrant rubbish spouted above although I could forensically dissect every single point one by one should I choose to do so. However, as you say, the AVB stuff has been done to death and this is the TS thread.

However, from the pointed questions bolded above it is clear that you have once again missed the point. To each of them the answer is that it is far TOO EARLY to judge. You ( and others) claim that Gods gift, despite 18 months in the job, two pre-seasons, two Foreign tours a whole host of games to experiment with plus a spend of over £100m, should still have been given more time before a judgement should be made. Others, like myself Levy and the board, felt that after 18 months, a fair and reasonable judgement could be made.

Yet with TS after a handful of games in the middle of the season with an inherited, unbalanced and injury hit squad, you think a fair and balanced assessment can be made.

Now that's what I call hypocritical.

I don't wish to counter all the arrant rubbish spouted above although I could forensically dissect every single point one by one should I choose to do so. However, as you say, the AVB stuff has been done to death and this is the TS thread.

Please do - this is a discussion forum after all.

Yet with TS after a handful of games in the middle of the season with an inherited, unbalanced and injury hit squad, you think a fair and balanced assessment can be made.

Isn't Timmeh on the transfer committee?

However, from the pointed questions bolded above it is clear that you have once again missed the point. To each of them the answer is that it is far TOO EARLY to judge. You ( and others) claim that Gods gift, despite 18 months in the job, two pre-seasons, two Foreign tours a whole host of games to experiment with plus a spend of over £100m, should still have been given more time before a judgement should be made. Others, like myself Levy and the board, felt that after 18 months, a fair and reasonable judgement could be made.

Now that's what I call hypocritical.

Again, I'm going to avoid responding to the BS AVB "GHod's gift" jibes you are so fond of doing:lol:
You especially seem fond of doing them when it deflects from the fact that you can't answer simple questions.

You claim that it's too early to judge, but then if that is the case how were you able to blame poor recent displays on the players?

I'll ask again: the poor recent displays what part of them were the players responsibe for? what was TS responsible for?

I don't think i'm asking too taxing a question; you have blamed poor displays on the players so it should be easy for you to say why you blame them and not TS as some others might do (not necceasrily me btw, before you get on your high horse..)

bit of revisionism here, performances under AVB this season were not consistent with last

AVB was judged and dismissed on the basis of 5 months this season

Please do - this is a discussion forum after all.

This is the TS thread in case you hadn't noticed

Isn't Timmeh on the transfer committee?

Who do you think wanted S Club 7? TS or AVB?

Who left us with only one Left back?

Like HR went balls out to get Parker against Levy's stated desire to only buy young players with sell on potential, who do you think persuaded him Soldado was the man for us to spend £26m on?

Who do you think wanted S Club 7? TS or AVB?

Who left us with only one Left back?

Like HR went balls out to get Parker against Levy's stated desire to only buy young players with sell on potential, who do you think persuaded him Soldado was the man for us to spend £26m on?

All of them - it's a committee after all, that's how they work.

Otherwise it would be called a transfer dictatorship and the others would just be there to listen to the manager.

Again, I'm going to avoid responding to the BS AVB "GHod's gift" jibes you are so fond of doing:lol:
You especially seem fond of doing them when it deflects from the fact that you can't answer simple questions.

You claim that it's too early to judge, but then if that is the case how were you able to blame poor recent displays on the players?

I'll ask again: the poor recent displays what part of them were the players responsibe for? what was TS responsible for?

I don't think i'm asking too taxing a question; you have blamed poor displays on the players so it should be easy for you to say why you blame them and not TS as some others might do (not necceasrily me btw, before you get on your high horse..)

And I will respond again, it is TOO EARLY to form an assessment. As I have said previously, you are trying to paint it as black or white. It is not wholly the players fault or wholly the managers fault ( just as I said it wasn't whether it was TS or AVB in charge).

Nevertheless , I do feel the players have overwhelmingly underperformed. They are top international players playing at the pinnacle of the profession. Verts looks a poor shadow of the player we bought, Dembele hasn't played nearly as well for us as he did for Fulham, I find it hard to believe that Pauli is Brazils first choice given his performances for us, Soldado doesn't look like a £26m, 20 goal a season striker ...Some players cant make a simple pass to a colleague and some cant cross, shoot or even run off the ball into space. As I said, the players have overwhelmingly underperformed.

Levy, is that you?

All of them - it's a committee after all, that's how they work.

Otherwise it would be called a transfer dictatorship and the others would just be there to listen to the manager.

So lets envisage a conversation at the so called transfer committee.

Unknown voice " we really need to sign a striker. There is a lad at Valencia who consistently scores 20 goals a season. I know he is 26, would cost 26 million and wouldn't have much resale value, but he is top notch"

Levy "if you are really sure he is the one you want, I will have to try and persuade the board to bank you"

Unknown voice " Yes, he is the last piece in the jigsaw and will really make the team and tactics work"

Levy "Are you 100% sure on this.. It is a lot of money."

Unknown voice " oh yes, he is just what I want. Pretty please......"

Levy " oh well if you are sure........"

Now who do you think the Unknown Voice is likely to be on the balance of probabilities?

So lets envisage a conversation at the so called transfer committee.

Unknown voice " we really need to sign a striker. There is a lad at Valencia who consistently scores 20 goals a season. I know he is 26, would cost 26 million and wouldn't have much resale value, but he is top notch"

Levy "if you are really sure he is the one you want, I will have to try and persuade the board to bank you"

Unknown voice " Yes, he is the last piece in the jigsaw and will really make the team and tactics work"

Levy "Are you 100% sure on this.. It is a lot of money."

Unknown voice " oh yes, he is just what I want. Pretty please......"

Levy " oh well if you are sure........"

Now who do you think the Unknown Voice is likely to be on the balance of probabilities?

I think that on the balance of probabilities, your scenario is pretty close to the chances of me winning a Nobel Peace Prize.

second part of that conversation is:

ok, he's yours

brilliant, thanks, what shirt number is he?

we thought he'd want 9, although 11 is available

what? is Gareth wearing 3 again?

er, well, whilst we were in Spain...

Back