• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

18 points and counting....

Yes, until the D-day when Tim Sherwood will have the best Spurs manager points per game record of all-time. All the more amusing that his biggest critics are often the ones who were bigging up this stat with regards to the last man. Watch them all suddenly want to talk about 'context' and 'lie, damn lies and statistics' :ross:

people are entitled to their opinions on Sherwood/AVB/whatever - if you disagree with them by all means argue your point but there's no need to antagonize anyone for holding a different opinion to yourself. this is a message board after all.

I like sherwood he is growing on me, he changes tactics to get us the best result he seems not to have favourites except bentlab perhaps but he has used the rest of the squad quite well.

We do not look great but then we were a shambles when he took over so he was starting from a low base point. He deserves credit a lot of credit i think for what he has done.

people are entitled to their opinions on Sherwood/AVB/whatever - if you disagree with them by all means argue your point but there's no need to antagonize anyone for holding a different opinion to yourself. this is a message board after all.

No this is a legitimate point on statistics (context is all) combined with some gentle ribbing. I think this fair enough as I'm not exactly noting great joy from some posters at our current form because of who is in charge.

I think Tim deserves a little respect from us for what he has done, we have a saying "he made from a shet a whip" so I think if this form continues we should not even consider a substitution. Results speak for themselves, he has done what everyone wanted to see AVB change. Changed the formation, the resurrection of Ade etc. Imagine us still hoping Soldado would come to form, isn't that pretty is it? If it was an established coach instead of Sherwood we would have heaped and praised him like a GHod.

Going to be very interesting to see how timmy manages the squad in regards to the next two games........

Norwich after a tricky and arduous trip to Ukraine.

he also has selection headaches in defence and & midield.

In terms of our next epl game.....there is a lot of negativity around Norwich and Crissy Houghton at the moment......hope we are not lame after a euro tie on the thursday......team selection for these games is going to be a big test for Tim.

Going to be very interesting to see how timmy manages the squad in regards to the next two games........

Norwich after a tricky and arduous trip to Ukraine.

he also has selection headaches in defence and & midield.

In terms of our next epl game.....there is a lot of negativity around Norwich and Crissy Houghton at the moment......hope we are not lame after a euro tie on the thursday......team selection for these games is going to be a big test for Tim.

I genuinely believe that the Euro game problem is just an excuse, we have seen plenty of games where we have underperformed on a Sunday with no excuse. The Europa excuse is just too easy. Its one thing going on 4 fronts with the FA and League cup but struggling to cope with just the EL and the prem would be laughable given our resources.

Hopefully he'll have an eye on Norwich, that should be 3 points, we have to make sure we go and get them.

According to most neutrals and many Spurs fans (myself included) we were poor on the weekend and barely played football. We were hard to break down after the opening 20 minutes but going forward we were devoid of ideas.

I wonder what the neutrals will say after tonight's game.

I genuinely believe that the Euro game problem is just an excuse, we have seen plenty of games where we have underperformed on a Sunday with no excuse. The Europa excuse is just too easy. Its one thing going on 4 fronts with the FA and League cup but struggling to cope with just the EL and the prem would be laughable given our resources.

I agree....my point is though it will be interesting to see how Tim lines up for both games.....

In terms of tiredness we can have no excuses to other teams......

Paulie - been injured had a break
Verts - ditto
Kabs - had a long siesta
Townsend - injured had a break
Ade - firing and not jaded after not playing for first half of the season

you get my drift....I think we should be raring to go....but a long trip to ukraine followed by a sunday game......timmy will need to mix and match......not looking for excuses just hoping timmy manages the two matches well.

to the spider-man theme......

'tiny tim, tiny tim'

'does whatever a Tim Sherwood does'

'changes the system, springs a suprise'

Ade is awesome before our eyes'

'look out'

'here comes life preserver tim'

18 points and counting....

Yes, until the D-day when Tim Sherwood will have the best Spurs manager points per game record of all-time. All the more amusing that his biggest critics are often the ones who were bigging up this stat with regards to the last man. Watch them all suddenly want to talk about 'context' and 'lie, damn lies and statistics' :ross:

He already has the best Premier League record of any Spurs Manager...

Tottenham Hotspur Manager's Records & Statistics 1898-2014

No this is a legitimate point on statistics (context is all) combined with some gentle ribbing. I think this fair enough as I'm not exactly noting great joy from some posters at our current form because of who is in charge.

i must have missed your point then, it looked more like you was building straw men to me ;)

Im backing Sherwood and i don't see many who aren't - in fact i read more posts criticizing those who don't support him than anything actually negative, funny that :-k

I agree....my point is though it will be interesting to see how Tim lines up for both games.....

In terms of tiredness we can have no excuses to other teams......

Paulie - been injured had a break
Verts - ditto
Kabs - had a long siesta
Townsend - injured had a break
Ade - firing and not jaded after not playing for first half of the season

you get my drift....I think we should be raring to go....but a long trip to ukraine followed by a sunday game......timmy will need to mix and match......not looking for excuses just hoping timmy manages the two matches well.

I see what you are saying, tbh it irritates me when people blame form on something that has no influence on it. It creates an easy excuse, from a player point of view it seems to say : I am tired from the EL therefore I can be useless ie not my fault.

As you have shown, we have enough to compete for both given how our season has panned out. I certainly do not want to hear about sacrificing one for the other though. This is a real chance of a trophy after all.

One thing I like about Sherwood is that he won't play players on their reputation, but on what he sees on the training ground. He knew plenty about Bentaleb, he was confident he could do a job. so he stuck him in. That seemed like a huge risk, but Sherwood was confident that it wasn't. He said he didn't know much about Capoue as he hadn't seen much of him, now he has, he knows what he can do and plays him accordingly.

Sherwood understands how to motivate players. In his post match interview he said "There's only one type of motivation -self motivation" - which is a clever thing to say, as it suggests the improvement is down to the players rather than Sherwood. Some people can man manage -some can't Sherwood definitely can. There is every indication he could be top class manager; it depends now on how he copes when he is under pressure from poor results, as he inevitably will be at some point. And he will learn too, he has, after all, been thrust into the limelight in a rather unusual way.

For those who want him gone in the summer regardless, is there much another manager could have done better so far. Results are good. Players are motivated. We play with better purpose and style, we are scoring goals. Doesn't seem so bad.

We have a decent squad. So Sherwood will be using it to its fullest. All those on the fringes of the team should start - Chadli, Townsend, Soldado. Its at the back that we lack cover. But maybe we can play Daws, Naughton and give Walker and one CB a rest. Dembele should also get a game off. He's played the majority of games.

Yes Sherwood did well today. But Saudi Sportswashing Machine were rubbish. Far tougher challenges to come for the manager. But the result should give the team and Tim some confidence.

Back