• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

What can I say I'm drawn to these debates like a bee to honey :p

It doesn't mean I'm not interested in what people have to say, quite the opposite actually, I wouldn't keep posting in the thread if I wasn't interested.

I'll try to put it another way, If Liverpool finish above us this season then they would have done very indeed regardless of the fact that we haven't been at our best. They've got the best player in the league but I still feel we have the better squad.

Maybe this is a topic for another (new) thread but from this position Liverpool should be favourites for 4th. They have points on the board, an uncatchable goal difference and arguably the best player in the league. They do lack squad depth but they have survived so far with that and they will have played far fewer games than us over the course of the season.

Maybe this is a topic for another (new) thread but from this position Liverpool should be favourites for 4th. They have points on the board, an uncatchable goal difference and arguably the best player in the league. They do lack squad depth but they have survived so far with that and they will have played far fewer games than us over the course of the season.

I have to say I agree with you Milo. If Liverpool don't finish in the top 4 given the fact they have been at times 6-8 points in front of us in 4th, hammered us on our own ground, have the leagues standout player by a mile, have 3-4 other players chipping in with goals and assists (unlike us last season), have played less games.....and I could go on, then it would be a criminal.

For them to only be 3 points in front of us given the season we have had with the upheaval of losing our manager, having to integrate all those players and losing our own world class one is pretty poor to be quite honest.

I personally don't think we will finish 4th but if we are level or just a few points off with 6 games to go then we would be favourites because I think we will win our last 3 away games and should win our home games too.

It seems so far he's a lucky manager, early in bye season we conceded so many goals as a direct result of individual mistakes, it's happening the other way now, if it stays like this that's 6 points in 4 days with a big thanks to keeping errors at the other end. Long may it continue.

THEY HATE SHERWOOD AND THEY HATE SHERWOOD
WHERE ARE THE THE TIMMY HATTERS?
THEY HATE SHERWOOD

Oh Timmy Timmy, used to be a gooner but now he's a Yid

Rossi/Craig, please discuss the thread subject rather than **** stir.

Rossi/Craig, please discuss the thread subject rather than **** stir.

OK,

Well in football you create your own luck. Rather than being the team that sits down, lies back and waits to get **** over Tim Sherwood has gone for 'To Dare Is To Do' and it has done.

He's been playing counter attacking/ attacking football and has been reaping the results.

7 wins 1 loss and 2 draws speaks for itself.

Let us not forget it's Tim who's brought back Ade, who's been our best player this season let alone from when Tim brought him back. And it's Tim who's introduced Bentelab into the team, who seems like someone who should've been in from the start.

OK,

Well in football you create your own luck. Rather than being the team that sits down, lies back and waits to get **** over Tim Sherwood has gone for 'To Dare Is To Do' and it has done.

He's been playing counter attacking/ attacking football and has been reaping the results.

7 wins 1 loss and 2 draws speaks for itself.

Let us not forget it's Tim who's brought back Ade, who's been our best player this season let alone from when Tim brought him back. And it's Tim who's introduced Bentelab into the team, who seems like someone who should've been in from the start.

I agree. Any manager in the world would be happy with his results since he came in.

I think that we have been moving towards the system that we are playing now for a while but he went back to basics to begin with to try and give the players some confidence and get more bodies in the box.

Hopefully, we will continue to improve and can claim 4th.

it's a small minority who don't really see things that way Craig from what i can see and it's certainly a very small minority who are actively hoping for Sherwood to leave in the summer. so i think piling in here straight after a good result to mock that minority is a little bit of a pointless task really.

i wonder, after a season of not really looking too clever, if this game could be the catalyst for a good run of form? (in terms of style)

It seems so far he's a lucky manager, early in bye season we conceded so many goals as a direct result of individual mistakes, it's happening the other way now, if it stays like this that's 6 points in 4 days with a big thanks to keeping errors at the other end. Long may it continue.

So if we were losing - would that be bad luck?

****ing hell man - like seriously. ****ing hell. Calling him lucky is a disgrace. I bet he has put in so much effort in trying to get that team to work - and you call it lucky? haha.

He's mixed it up again tonight though hasn't he? Capoue playing closed the channel in front of the back four and released Bentaleb forward. Worked a charm and has been called for repeatedly on here.
(Tim are you reading this forum [-X)

I'm not too sure what his preferred system is now actually but on the other hand I don't care as long as we keep winning.

it's a small minority who don't really see things that way Craig from what i can see and it's certainly a very small minority who are actively hoping for Sherwood to leave in the summer. so i think piling in here straight after a good result to mock that minority is a little bit of a pointless task really.

i wonder, after a season of not really looking too clever, if this game could be the catalyst for a good run of form? (in terms of style)

Well put.

Let's hope so.

He's mixed it up again tonight though hasn't he? Capoue playing closed the channel in front of the back four and released Bentaleb forward. Worked a charm and has been called for repeatedly on here.
(Tim are you reading this forum [-X)

I'm not too sure what his preferred system is now actually but on the other hand I don't care as long as we keep winning.

Capoue has been used a bit as a sub of late. Maybe it has just been a case of him getting his match fitness back and the uncertainty of the window out of the way.

So if we were losing - would that be bad luck?

****ing hell man - like seriously. ****ing hell. Calling him lucky is a disgrace. I bet he has put in so much effort in trying to get that team to work - and you call it lucky? haha.

where did that come from, thats 2 threads you've jumped on me in the last 10 mins?

was it not lucky that 2 mistakes from Krul landed right at our feet today? whats wrong with being lucky how is that an insult?

where did that come from, thats 2 threads you've jumped on me in the last 10 mins?

was it not lucky that 2 mistakes from Krul landed right at our feet today? whats wrong with being lucky how is that an insult?

I didnt mean to jump on you haha sorry. I read it as youre saying TS is lucky whilst im saying I think it isnt luck. People who dont want TS seem to not give him credit when winning but credit him (as it were) with any defeat.

I didnt mean to jump on you haha sorry. I read it as youre saying TS is lucky whilst im saying I think it isnt luck. People who dont want TS seem to not give him credit when winning but credit him (as it were) with any defeat.

Pretty sure I wasn't denying him credit in my post, there was no judgement there, just highlighting the little differences that can mean a lot in football.

Pretty sure I wasn't denying him credit in my post, there was no judgement there, just highlighting the little differences that can mean a lot in football.

Yep I agree but its those differences that separates the crap managers from the good managers as by my example - high line? kabs plays. Kabs not available? dont play high line. Its a slight difference but thats the difference a Manager (actually we all see)

I think what's interesting is that we now have players in the box to profit from these things…because we are getting players forward more quickly…I think that whatever happens with Sherwood, no-one can deny he has done some fine (and hard) work in a short amount of time and made some very ballsy decisions, none more so than making Bentaleb the player alongside which others will play. The kid is class. I was also gobsmacked and delighted to see Daws 'rested'…it also tells you a lot about Daws that the skipper and club captain can take it without fuss or comment because he is obviously a team player.

he's dogging you...:lol:....enjoy the humping...

Back