• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Krul

Eriksen's miss was atrocious. He did not please me at all today. Corners terrible and turn over of possession at the wrong time.

it still looks like we dont practice our corners....why???](*,)

les-608x408.jpg

Apparently still our striker coach. Has been our striker coach from the start of 'Arry's reign all the way down to now. If our forwards can't currently finish (and you know they're eminently capable if you look at their past seasons at the likes of Valencia and Ajax) then you know who to blame.

it still looks like we dont practice our corners....why???](*,)

They are better than ours, we have the worst corners in the league.

We haven't scored from a corner since Demba Ba scored in an away win at Wolves on 1st October 2011!

If you see the side on view, he actually makes a second very good save, then Mapou clears it.

Considering he was going the other way and it took a big deflection, that is a top class double save.

The second touch was just him pawing it more towards kaboul after kaboul hit it. It was still going in until Yanga-Mbiwa cleared it.

The second touch was just him pawing it more towards kaboul after kaboul hit it. It was still going in until Yanga-Mbiwa cleared it.

He saved the follow up from Kaboul, it then hit off Kaboul again and was going in until Mapou cleared it.

As I have been saying this for ages, why indeed!:p

We start all our players in and around the six yard box. Plain daft.

free kicks are just the same

I thought AVB is a coach who pays attention to the minutest of details. Hasnt he worked out that free kicks and corners are opportunities to have efforts on goal?

no thought, no movement, poor delivery, clear signs of lack of practice....shocking

Though I do find that some people on here find it hard to praise anyone from opposing teams without blaming our team for their performance. If that was Lloris making all these stops and we had won 0-1 away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, he'd have been hailed as World Class and winning us the game, I doubt many of you would have been saying the shots were straight at him but more just saying that Lloris is the best keeper in the league etc.

Credit where it's due, he was superb today.

Exactly. I never used to understand why Spurs fans had a reputation for being fickle until I came on this site....

The initial save from the deflected free kick was very good.
I thought he was smart against Soldado in the one-on-one header, Soldado seemingly thought Krul would come straight at him closing him down and most goalkeepers would I think so he tried the direct high header towards the far post, but Krul seemingly read it perfectly and just picked the ball out of the air. Very good goalkeeping for me.

Think that one was the best of the bunch. A lot of the 14 he made were straightforward, but that one was quality

The double save from the free kick was top class, otherwise he didn't make any saves I wouldn't expect any PL keeper to save. I mean, even when he went the wrong way, we still managed to find his legs with our shots (Eriksen and Paulinho). We made him look great through out poor finishing.

Eriksen's miss was atrocious. He did not please me at all today. Corners terrible and turn over of possession at the wrong time.

Mbiwa Absolutely muscled Kaboul out of the way (no mean feat), when Younes really should have just been bundling it over... Fantastic defending all round unfortunately.

Mbiwa Absolutely muscled Kaboul out of the way (no mean feat), when Younes really should have just been bundling it over... Fantastic defending all round unfortunately.

Younes got there first, it was an outstanding Krul save with his head that denied the goal, it then rebounded into the path of Mbiwas foot who somehow managed to get it away.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment that some of our efforts were straight at him and he didn't have to work as much as he should have done, the free kick save, the one from Eriksen and then the Paulinho/Soldado saves in the first half were all fantastic blocks, however they came about.

I don't want to just say that without Krul's performance everything would be fine but I did feel that if we got one back then we would have got two or three. If we start games with the same tempo with which we started the second half then we won't go far wrong but the finishing has to be more clinical if we are going to keep in touch with the top 4

les-608x408.jpg

Apparently still our striker coach. Has been our striker coach from the start of 'Arry's reign all the way down to now. If our forwards can't currently finish (and you know they're eminently capable if you look at their past seasons at the likes of Valencia and Ajax) then you know who to blame.

Oh GHod, don't tell me you're peddling this rubbish now too? I thought you were one of the sensible ones..

Having since watched the game back, it seemed to me that we didn't have a shot on target of any real ummph from outside the box where Krul had to make a save until the 37min, I would have thought with the sun in his face shots should have been raining all over him but none came.

Back