• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Krul

Modric THFC

Jimmy McCormick
As far I'm concerned the only save he made today that I wouldn't have expect of Lloris was the Eriksen one with his leg.
The rest were routine from distance or pretty much straight at him.
We had 3 clear cut chances the Eriksen one, the Kaboul one after the free kick and Paulinho's after been played in by Eriksen that he hit straight at him.
Kaboul beat him after that free kick but it was cleared off the line by the defender.

He made a load of saves because we only managed load of weak and long range shots.

And this from AVB is a Wenger type excuse "Krul kept Saudi Sportswashing Machine alive. They were outstanding situations and normally one goes into the back of the net but today wasn't to be."

Why not just admit we can't score for **** and it needs to be worked on.

The initial save from the deflected free kick was very good.

I thought he was smart against Soldado in the one-on-one header, Soldado seemingly thought Krul would come straight at him closing him down and most goalkeepers would I think so he tried the direct high header towards the far post, but Krul seemingly read it perfectly and just picked the ball out of the air. Very good goalkeeping for me.

I thought he made some decent saves today but at the same time our players made it a lot easier for him by putting the ball within range of his body. I would say that both Eriksen (certainly) and Paulinho (if i remember correctly) should have scored from 6-8 yards out. So many times today we put the ball straight at him.

One of the many frustrating things today.

Though I do find that some people on here find it hard to praise anyone from opposing teams without blaming our team for their performance. If that was Lloris making all these stops and we had won 0-1 away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, he'd have been hailed as World Class and winning us the game, I doubt many of you would have been saying the shots were straight at him but more just saying that Lloris is the best keeper in the league etc.

Credit where it's due, he was superb today.

The initial save from the deflected free kick was very good.

I thought he was smart against Soldado in the one-on-one header, Soldado seemingly thought Krul would come straight at him closing him down and most goalkeepers would I think so he tried the direct high header towards the far post, but Krul seemingly read it perfectly and just picked the ball out of the air. Very good goalkeeping for me.

Soldado only had that header because Kruls' save beforehand was straight into his path. It still wasnt the greatest angle for Soldado and I thought it was a standard save.

Maybe I'm just used to Lloris or something but I dont think Krul did anything amazing today par the Eriksen save.

I hope his performance don't have the team and AVB feeling like "oh we were unlucky". I want them to be mad at themselves, for not doing better in front of goal and no simply write it off as "one of those days"

article-1087011-00F77EEB00000191-378_468x306.jpg

Though I do find that some people on here find it hard to praise anyone from opposing teams without blaming our team for their performance. If that was Lloris making all these stops and we had won 0-1 away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, he'd have been hailed as World Class and winning us the game, I doubt many of you would have been saying the shots were straight at him but more just saying that Lloris is the best keeper in the league etc.

Credit where it's due, he was superb today.

We can't do that can we.... He was top drawer today and was the difference as they were at times all over the place

However I think he also got lucky with some of them, but you make your own luck in this game especially as a keeper

At 12 saves the commentator said that it was the most any keeper had made in a PL match so far this season. He made quite a few more after that, probably taking his total close to 20. Some of them were outstanding.

This one was just ridiculous:

icD0BTpbTtz3J.gif

clearly a very good goalkeeping performance but agree with the OP, no OMG saves, a lot of stops he would be expected to make, it would help if our players smashed the ball into the net rather than trying to sidefoot it in

At 12 saves the commentator said that it was the most any keeper had made in a PL match so far this season. He made quite a few more after that, probably taking his total close to 20. Some of them were outstanding.

icD0BTpbTtz3J.gif

The intial save was good the rest was a mess. The defender clears it off the line while he's lying there helpless.

The intial save was good the rest was a mess. The defender clears it off the line while he's lying there helpless.

If you see the side on view, he actually makes a second very good save, then Mapou clears it.

Considering he was going the other way and it took a big deflection, that is a top class double save.

icD0BTpbTtz3J.gif

the defender did brilliantly there

clearly a very good goalkeeping performance but agree with the OP, no OMG saves, a lot of stops he would be expected to make, it would help if our players smashed the ball into the net rather than trying to sidefoot it in

Eriksen's miss was atrocious. He did not please me at all today. Corners terrible and turn over of possession at the wrong time.

Back