• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Three bands

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
If you could watch three bands live, one after another, who would they be?

I'd be tempted to choose to watch Foo Fighters three times in a row! :D I'd have to spend more time thinking about who the other two bands would be.

Foo Fighters do look good live (watching them at Reading on BBC Three at the mo) - although I don't think they're a great band.

So many to choose from, but I'd probably go for ones that I haven't seen (in any particular order):

The Jam - ideally in 1980, so they'd include stuff from Sound Affects
The Beatles - at the height of Beatlemania, to see what all the fuss was about :D
The Specials - if I could see The Jam in 1980, why not The Specials too!

The vibe in the respective crows would be awesome. Honourable mentions to The Rolling Stones, The Kinks, The Who et al.

Last edited:
If at any time:
Queen (when freddie mercury was alive)
The Kinks
The who (when keith moon was alive)
Honourable mention to James Brown et al but, I guess that wouldn't really count. Or Bob marley. Or the specials or The rolling stones or Bob dylan or The clash would all of been amazing.

nowadays:
Stereophonics (one of the best bands I've ever seen live, Kings of leon were the worst I've ever seen absolute pile of crap)
Blur
no idea about the third one, so many I would have liked to have seen but, they've either lost it a bit over time or broken up.

Ive pretty much seen all the bands i have wanted to from the modern era - if i could re-watch anyone it would be Daft Punk and Rage Against the Machine

Bob Marley
Rolling Stones
Led Zep

would be my votes for oldies that i never got the chance to see

All time:
Queen
Led Zeppelin
The Who

Now:
Pearl Jam
Rage Against the Machine
Arcade Fire

I've seen Foo Fighters 26 times, but they would still be in my 3 bands right now!

Of all time:

Queen
Nirvana (had tickets for the UK tour the month Kurt committed suicide)
Michael Jackson (I had tickets to see him when I was a kid, he no-showed. I still remember how upset I was back then)

Now:

Foo Fighters
Pearl Jam
Rage Against the Machine

Foos are my favourite current band, Pearl Jam just make me fudging bawl whenever I see them live and Rage because the pit is insane.

All time,

Queen
Dire Straits
Guns n' Roses (original line-up)

Now,

The Darkness
The Wildhearts
Foo Fighters (seen em loads but they are always great)

Not sure if serious

Deadly serious.

I have followed this band almost religiously since day one and they are and always will be my favorite band. Nostalgia aside, the current lineup is on a completely different level ability wise and put on a show like no other band out there at the moment. Always play for 2.5-3 hours and reading reviews it's easy to spot who's unhappy about Slash not being there and who's actually paid any attention to what's been happening since 1995. I don't want a reunion, what I want is for them to stop touring and get back in the studio. Hopefully next year.

Deadly serious.

I have followed this band almost religiously since day one and they are and always will be my favorite band. Nostalgia aside, the current lineup is on a completely different level ability wise and put on a show like no other band out there at the moment. Always play for 2.5-3 hours and reading reviews it's easy to spot who's unhappy about Slash not being there and who's actually paid any attention to what's been happening since 1995. I don't want a reunion, what I want is for them to stop touring and get back in the studio. Hopefully next year.
Have you seen them before?

I have, didn't think much of them. Showed up an hour late, Axl Rose went off stage a few times during the gig for oxygen breaks, he got an attitude with the crowd and swore at them, nor can he hold a note anymore. The lead guitarist has some talent, but doesn't really bring much on-stage IMO.

For someone who admires the band, I would have loved to have seen the original line-up in their pomp. There weren't many bands that had a bigger impact on music on such a big scale. Seen videos of them playing in the Ritz etc, they looked absolutely amazing.

Have you seen them before?

I have, didn't think much of them. Showed up an hour late, Axl Rose went off stage a few times during the gig for oxygen breaks, he got an attitude with the crowd and swore at them, nor can he hold a note anymore. The lead guitarist has some talent, but doesn't really bring much on-stage IMO.

For someone who admires the band, I would have loved to have seen the original line-up in their pomp. There weren't many bands that had a bigger impact on music on such a big scale. Seen videos of them playing in the Ritz etc, they looked absolutely amazing.

Seen them twice with the new lineup, wasn't their best shows as it was early in the tour, but the only gig I've been to that's come close was Muse and I've been to tons of gigs. Through my work I've seen so many different bands and types of shows, the production is top notch and the band amazing. I've got bootlegs of pretty much every show they've ever done prior to 2008 and footage from several so I've got a pretty good idea of what they are and were about.

Don't know which lead guitarist you saw, but the current trio are some the most talented players in the world and has a wealth of experience behind them, playing, writing and producing for various other bands and artists. I also follow some of their solo work, so I have an appreciation of them as individuals and not just as 'the new guys'.

Considering the fact that Axl is now 50 years old and still runs around the stage like he did 20 years ago it's not surprising he takes a couple of breaks. His voice is still there IMO and him going on late shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone by now. There was a bad period between 2002 and 2004 where he was obviously unfit and they had to cancel some shows, but their recent tours have gone off without a hitch.

Back