• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Thomas Lemar

This will be about money if the boy goes there. If he chooses them over us only because of the money, bye bye and good. Wenger will not advance his career like Poch could IMO.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Sorry mate but you cant say that so definitively. Arsenal are a far bigger name in Europe, with a lot more money to spend on players and wages. Wenger is a top regarded coach in France, far more so than Poch. We might be on an upward curve but one year of finishing ahead of Arsenal doesnt make us a bigger pull at all....

Sorry mate but you cant say that so definitively. Arsenal are a far bigger name in Europe, with a lot more money to spend on players and wages. Wenger is a top regarded coach in France, far more so than Poch. We might be on an upward curve but one year of finishing ahead of Arsenal doesnt make us a bigger pull at all....

True but it helps they pay even their gash players more than we pay Kane

Make no mistake Arsenal are gonna spend big this summer IMO. Wenger will clear out everyone who was negative about him and he will spend a hell of a lot to prove a point

Make no mistake Arsenal are gonna spend big this summer IMO. Wenger will clear out everyone who was negative about him and he will spend a hell of a lot to prove a point

I also have a feeling this is the summer they really spend big.

It's because they may find themselves in a situation where ozil and Sanchez walk next year or sold this summer to save face.

They need massive investment in the team, and a proper restructure. That brings an influx of players that will need time to settle to the team, country, and premier league.

They may not get that much time as teams around them seem to be in a much better position to succeed. Some rivals are max three players short of having a team that can challenge. Arsenal look like they need a new GK, 3 Defenders, 2 midfield players, 1 striker. That's just for the starting XI.

I expect them to throw money at targets and possibly even pay over the odds to at the very least halt others progress to a certain extent.

Problem is that there is enough talent out there at the right price for everyone. I think it's just fans that are hoping that we sign two big names and pay the money instead of buying 4 unknown players or lesser players.

In the same breath though I think poch will get backing if he needs it.

The money wasted on Alli, Dier and Wanyama could have got one decent player. Oh wait....

Indeed, however there are still SOME fans who think we should throw tens of millions at players because we should and if we do not we are not showing ambition. Thankfully the number of those fans who used to berate Levy after every window for being tight are rapidly decreasing.

Indeed, however there are still SOME fans who think we should throw tens of millions at players because we should and if we do not we are not showing ambition. Thankfully the number of those fans who used to berate Levy after every window for being tight are rapidly decreasing.

What i fail to understand is fans who think that you have to choose one camp or the other. Levy does a lot well and some things poorly.

What i fail to understand is fans who think that you have to choose one camp or the other. Levy does a lot well and some things poorly.

I am not sure that is different for any manager/chairman, all transfers ( or most anyway) are a risk and you only have to look at how many so called " big money signings" have fallen below expectations over the years.

My point is that i STILL hear some fans (not saying on here but in general) who still berate Levy for being tight, showing no ambition, standing still etc, etc. In all honesty those thoughts, accusations are as old as Uncle Tom Cobblys old cow.

I am not sure that is different for any manager/chairman, all transfers ( or most anyway) are a risk and you only have to look at how many so called " big money signings" have fallen below expectations over the years.

My point is that i STILL hear some fans (not saying on here but in general) who still berate Levy for being tight, showing no ambition, standing still etc, etc. In all honesty those thoughts, accusations are as old as Uncle Tom Cobblys old cow.

But he has been tight on occasions and rather generous other times ... sissoko!

I'm not saying it to you either but it's not always one way or the other.

But he has been tight on occasions and rather generous other times ... sissoko!

I'm not saying it to you either but it's not always one way or the other.

What we fans REALLY know about what happens behind doors during the transfer window is nothing ( despite all the so called ITK gonad*s that flows from various sources). So for fans to say we should have spent this that or the other and if we do not then Levy ( or another chairman of other clubs) is tight, generous is IMO total gonad*s and guesswork at best.

But whatever floats folks boats is up to them, personally getting upset, angry, making personal judgements on something we know so little about is not for me. We all wish for lots of things to happen during transfer windows but blaming Levy or whoever when those things do not happen is foolish ( IMO).

What we fans REALLY know about what happens behind doors during the transfer window is nothing ( despite all the so called ITK gonads that flows from various sources). So for fans to say we should have spent this that or the other and if we do not then Levy ( or another chairman of other clubs) is tight, generous is IMO total gonads and guesswork at best.

But whatever floats folks boats is up to them, personally getting upset, angry, making personal judgements on something we know so little about is not for me. We all wish for lots of things to happen during transfer windows but blaming Levy or whoever when those things do not happen is foolish ( IMO).

I think there is unrest with the figures that get posted of the profits that we make and zero net spend etc. Up until now we have never matched our ambition with what we see on the pitch. So naturally the fans are right to ask why we have not used money within our means.

Further to that I think fans have questioned the berbatov Campbell fiasco a few more times than needed since we have not gone down that route since.

He is the best chairman in the league but he does have his faults and possibly learning on the job will iron them out with experience.

I think there is unrest with the figures that get posted of the profits that we make and zero net spend etc. Up until now we have never matched our ambition with what we see on the pitch. So naturally the fans are right to ask why we have not used money within our means.

Further to that I think fans have questioned the berbatov Campbell fiasco a few more times than needed since we have not gone down that route since.

He is the best chairman in the league but he does have his faults and possibly learning on the job will iron them out with experience.

Good points and i do understand why some may believe them. (However

( 1) This net spend stuff is really not relavent ( imo anyway), of course we have matched our ambition under Levy from the dark day of the 90's, look where/how far we have come since he took over in the early 2000's. The fans have every right to ask questions and there is nothing wrong with that, however slagging him off as being a indecisive, tight, not showing ambition is foolish ( at best) because they/we as a fan base not very little about what goes on behind closed doors.

(2) You are right about that, but i and i am sure you still talk to fans who keep harping back to things that happened years ago and have not happened since, talk about living in the past.

(3) Of course he may make mistakes ( never met anyone in any job who does not) but again we as fans have very little idea of what happens at board level at our club so at best we are guessing why/what happens. And as i have said earlier all transfers are a risk and i know do not know of ANY club who has not bought a lemon and that includes players bought for a small fee or a large one.

Of course, but already Ive read a few posts on here about how a player would only pick Arsenal ahead of Spurs only because of the money. We have finished ahead of them for one season in GHod knows how many years, they have got CL season in season out and have a top rated coach, especially in France. Lets not get above our station....

Of course it's money that would take a player to Arsenal over Spurs atm - if it was about on the pitch criteria then you'd choose the title challengers over the Europa league side every single time

Of course, but already Ive read a few posts on here about how a player would only pick Arsenal ahead of Spurs only because of the money. We have finished ahead of them for one season in GHod knows how many years, they have got CL season in season out and have a top rated coach, especially in France. Lets not get above our station....

Your repeating your comments form earlier but let's not beat around the bush here

He will get double the money at Arsenal to what we would pay him... and he would be their best player with the departures anticipated. That's hugely attractive.

Of course it's money that would take a player to Arsenal over Spurs atm - if it was about on the pitch criteria then you'd choose the title challengers over the Europa league side every single time
They're in the Europa League side for the first time ever, we've just finished second for the first time in how many years?! Bit rich to be branding us title challengers, Chelsea won at a canter and Arsenal are seen as a bigger and more attractive club around Europe regardless of wages offered. You honestly think Spurs are regarded as the more attractive team to join because of one season above them?! Sorry, but just no....

Shop at the bottom of the barrel and that's what you get.

The money wasted of Nkoudou and Njie could have got a decent player
I wouldn't write GKN off just yet. I know he's a winger and that's not the style we play, but I wouldn't put it beyond Poch to turn him into a decent wingback.

They're in the Europa League side for the first time ever, we've just finished second for the first time in how many years?! Bit rich to be branding us title challengers, Chelsea won at a canter and Arsenal are seen as a bigger and more attractive club around Europe regardless of wages offered. You honestly think Spurs are regarded as the more attractive team to join because of one season above them?! Sorry, but just no....

No, not because of one season but because of the last few and how the immediate future looks for both clubs - Arsenal under Wenger are finished as a force in English football and have been for some time, once he does the right thing and hands over the reigns to someone else they'll have a good few years of uncertainty and probable under performance too.

Back