• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Things we hate about modern football

Martin Tyler commentating on a Spurs match

Having Charlie Nicholas on Sky Sports Saturday. Him screaming 'yesss' when Arsenal scored yesterday was outrageous. He wasnt even commenting on that game

Martin Tyler commentating on a Spurs match

Having Charlie Nicholas on Sky Sports Saturday. Him screaming 'yesss' when Arsenal scored yesterday was outrageous. He wasnt even commenting on that game
I noticed that, he is a massive thundercnut

Every time there's s 6 in the year we get 1966 rammed down our throat.

It brilliant how everyone says Liverpool are clams for holding onto their past glories go,but 50 years on England are still rabbiting on about theirs

- Media pandering to the big clubs. Yes, they're scorching Louis Van Gall's soles these days, but there's a lot of sucking up to the bigger fan bases.

- Click bait sports journalism. The Mail has always taken a provocative tone and can be a fun read, but some of it is deliberately intended to spark furious comments. The Telegraph - once a decent paper, now a pandering fan-zine - has become unreadable as malicious children take over. Thankfully, the Times and Guardian still practice proper journalism. It feels like you're reading the work of properly trained adults.

- Refusal to show controversial calls on stadium screens. Or replays of goals by the visitors. I need to know who to blame.

That people still do not understand that a player is offside and part in play, even if he is not near the ball and/or showing interest in it, if the defensive team intentionally played him offside.

The term "matchday". Where did that one sneak up from?

I think it came from the Champions League group stage. I don't remember hearing it before.

I think the following sums up where football has gone ...

Adidas CEO criticises Manchester United's style of play
German sportswear giant signed a 10-year, £750m deal last summer

United dominated the headlines in the summer when they ditched American firm Nike for German rival Adidas, signing a 10-year, £750million sponsorship deal with the sportswear giant.

But Herbert Hainer, current Chief Executive Officer revealed in an interview over the weekend that he would like to see better football at Old Trafford - even if the company is enjoying record sales.

"Business with Man United is going very well, we sell more shirts than expected," he told newspaper Suddeutsche Zeitung.

"We are satisfied... even if the current playing style of Man United is not exactly what we want to see."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...anchester-uniteds-style-of-play-a6795941.html

Back