• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Things we hate about modern football

How boring and mundane it is. Doesnt excite me as much as it used to. Maybe because as you get older you have much more and enjoyable competing priorities I dont know. I love Spurs and thats about it, spurs = football, for me. Its a general point rather than any specific thing.

#7/ Andy Townsend, Michael Owen et al polluting the airwaves with their hopeless, inane commentaries.

I dread the World Cup, though I can of course, simply press the mute button.

Was just thinking about this. BBC sometimes has a service on the red button where you can choose which commentary to listen to, Main commentary, Radio 5 commentary or None (stadium noise). However this will probably come at the cost of HD.

I have heard that if you have surround sound the commentary comes through the central front speakers and that simply unplugging those speakers will leave you with just stadium noise.

#19 - its always the same teams. Man U/Chelsea/Emirates Marketing Project, Bayern-Munich, Real/Barcelona, Celtic, Inter/Milan/Juventus

Sure, occasionally you'll get an Atletico snag a title, but more often than not, it's one of those.

If you don't support one of the top 2 or 3 teams, you can pretty much guarantee you'll never see your team win the league (except if there's a massive cash injection - City, Chelsea, etc)

#x. Kick off times.
An end to Monday night and particularly THURSDAY-anytime-after-lunch games.

Gambling, cheating, play acting and the transfer merry go round. Sick of cheering a player on one week and seeing him in a rival shirt the next. It's killing football. Have very little affinity with many of our players at the moment because the turnover was so dramatic.

Last edited:
What is the point of this?

Player+West+Ham+United+v+Fulham+Premier+League+UyerMzq_PbIl.jpg

Sky saying that it's going to be the most exciting end to a season yet even when a title has been won. They used to pick up on stuff like who will finish in the top half just to try and keep it interesting.

#11 keyboard managers (aka football manager syndrome)

Without a doubt.

Sky telling us when we can kick off, agents trying to make a buck ( thankfully now " rent a quote" as gone we do not have as many). The obsession by some/most? fans that the only thing that matters is finishing among the runners up ( top four) then actually going out and winning something.

Back