• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Youth Players/On-Loan Thread 2017/18

I think Edwards is safer than Onomah.

CCV is out, Foyth and Sanchez have seen to that.

Onomah, IMO, is in the last chance saloon. My bet is he has this summer to impress, and we will be open to offers if they come in. If he doesnt go in the summer, he will have until Jan to stake a claim and by then its probably game over.

Edwards is only just getting challenged to step up, there will be more patience with him at this stage.

He has said recently at one of the press conferences that the youth players have life too easy with the luxury facilities at Hotspur away and they need a bit of reality (my paraphrasing). This might be part of why his view on loans is changing.

Time will tell, obviously, but I think its fair to sat Pochs attitude to loans is changing as the team develops.

The stronger your first team the less chances young players will have to get the minutes they need - you can't just discard highly rated young players because there isnt a place for them right now - makes sense to give them a loan and then reasses in the future.

Back