• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Youth Players/On-Loan Thread 2017/18

Anyone got any up to date news on CCV. Not heard much on him, seems he is getting a lot of game time? but how is he playing?

Would be great if we could loan him up to a prem team?

Also get KWP out on loan.

Anyone got any up to date news on CCV. Not heard much on him, seems he is getting a lot of game time? but how is he playing?

Would be great if we could loan him up to a prem team?

Also get KWP out on loan.

He's been a bit up and down, which is to be expected. Started well but then hit a bit of a poor run, was left out for a game(which they lost( and since he's come back in he's been solid for the most part. He's in good hands with Wilder in charge, a lot of managers would've dropped a young player completely if they had a few poor games but he's stuck by him. Hopefully CCV can find a bit more consistency in the 2nd half of the season now he's settled in.

@Yoof

Any thoughts on which players could be loaned out this window?

I know we have the Champs League youth tournament, but would that trump first team football in a lower division?

@Yoof

Any thoughts on which players could be loaned out this window?

I know we have the Champs League youth tournament, but would that trump first team football in a lower division?

No idea, I have my own thoughts as to which players should be loaned out but the club probably view things differently. I don't think the Uefa Youth League should come into their decision making though as whilst it's nice to win games and advance in the competition, ultimately it doesn't really mean anything. If it's best for a player's development to go out and play senior football then they shouldn't be held back just to give us a better chance of winning a youth competition, plus if one player goes out on loan then it just opens the door for another to take their place which is win-win.

Personally I think Amos and Harrison should definitely be out on loan, neither are getting anything from playing U23 football anymore and I don't know why moves weren't sorted out for them in the summer. Edwards I think is at the point where he'd benefit from playing against adults and it seems like he's not really close to being in contention to play here, I don't know if Pochettino will allow him to go though. Bennetts is another who I think is ready to play senior games as he has the physique and the athleticism to compete, as well as the ability. KWP is an obvious one and judging by Pochettino's words yesterday he doesn't seem to be against the idea, though it's still yet to be decided. Oliver Skipp, despite only turning 17 in September has everything to be playing first team football but I imagine they'll see it as being too early to send him out, plus we will probably want to keep him "in-house".

Others like Christian Maghoma, Joe Pritchard, Shilow Tracey and Ryan Loft should go, either on loan or permanently. None are good enough imo and are blocking younger/better players from getting U23 game-time. Anton Walkes is back from Atlanta but I'm not sure what the plan is with him, I think going back there would be good for him. Anthony Georgiou is one who Pochettino likes but I think he should be out on loan somewhere too.

Onomah subbed off after 37 mins with an injury today.

CCV also subbed off for Sheffield U after half an hour - after he reportedly was having a stinker :(

Other than getting running time, I don't think Villa is a good fit for him. Bruce seems reluctant to give him time in central midfield and the two guys in there can barely hold onto the ball. The last couple of times I've seen Onomah play, he's been used on the wing in a 442/4411.

Pochettino talked about Onomah, CCV and KWP in the pre Swansea press conference. Said that nothing was decided on loan deals for any of the players and that we have until the end of January. Made it seem like recalls and possibly new loans were being considered.

Pochettino talked about Onomah, CCV and KWP in the pre Swansea press conference. Said that nothing was decided on loan deals for any of the players and that we have until the end of January. Made it seem like recalls and possibly new loans were being considered.
He was never going to show his hand at this early stage anyway tbf.

Not sure how much truth there is in rumours we plan to shift Tripps in order to give Aurier and KWP a bit more playing time, or whether Poch is ready to let Rose go this window, similarly making room for more opportunities for KWP.

But if Poch intends to keep both Tripps and Rose, then for sure it might be best for KWP to go out on loan in order for him to get much-needed playing time. Even then the right club has to want him and be willing to afford him enough opportunities. That might have to be a Championship club given the limited chances he's had so far to play for our first team this season.

As to Onomah and CCV, instinct suggests that unless something we do not know about is going on, they will both stay at their respective clubs for the remainder of the season. Would be surprised if either were recalled to our squad mid-term, not as though either is especially needed here right now.

Hmm, it is actually poor control, he tries to stop it but it runs about 4 yards and the defenders are too dozy to stop him... nice enough apart from that :D

Not Spurs specific, so please move if more appropriate to place elsewhere.

There was a programme on BT Sport last night which is getting a lot of comment today, about youth players coming through academies and trying to make it in the professional game.
I didn't see it but it seems to be getting good feedback. A link is now available to watch it without a BT subscription.

http://sport.bt.com/video/bt-sport-films-no-hunger-in-paradise-91364241852638

Not Spurs specific, so please move if more appropriate to place elsewhere.

There was a programme on BT Sport last night which is getting a lot of comment today, about youth players coming through academies and trying to make it in the professional game.
I didn't see it but it seems to be getting good feedback. A link is now available to watch it without a BT subscription.

http://sport.bt.com/video/bt-sport-films-no-hunger-in-paradise-91364241852638

Saw it advertised yesterday
Looks like potentially a really interesting watch

One of the best Football things I’ve watched is In the hands of the gods about Football freestylers
Manybe we need a footy film link in general

Back