• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2016-17

It's extremely difficult to predict how a young player will develop, I first watch our youth teams in 1969 when they won the FA Youth Cup and we had a very good team of which I thought the 3 players who would make the grade were Barry Daines, Mike Dillion and Graeme Souness, Steve Perryman was in the team but he did not standout as they did.

It's extremely difficult to predict how a young player will develop, I first watch our youth teams in 1969 when they won the FA Youth Cup and we had a very good team of which I thought the 3 players who would make the grade were Barry Daines, Mike Dillion and Graeme Souness, Steve Perryman was in the team but he did not standout as they did.

No need to go that far back - hands up all those who thought Kane would become the player he is today. :) I wouldn't have been able to predict it in a million years, and I think it's fair to say the majority of us wouldn't have been able to see it coming. Same thing goes for Rose, Winks and co. Conversely, who thought John Bostock would be playing for RC Lens at this point in his career? I mean, absolutely no disrespect to the guy because he's seemingly rebuilding his career the hard way (and that deserves respect), but when we signed him and Simon Jordan threw that infamous tantrum I sincerely thought we'd nabbed a future superstar.

CCV, Onomah and Edwards all played 90 mins. Loft, Onomah, Brown and Tracey got the goals.

Disappointing that Edwards played the full 90 minutes as this will mean he will not play in the FA Youth Cup Semi this evening. Was looking forward to seeing him and really can't understand why we will not be including him. I know he has not bee involved much with the youth squad this season but if he is still young enough are we not shooting ourselves in the foot by not playing him in this game and instead playing him in a meaningless U23 game?

Disappointing that Edwards played the full 90 minutes as this will mean he will not play in the FA Youth Cup Semi this evening. Was looking forward to seeing him and really can't understand why we will not be including him. I know he has not bee involved much with the youth squad this season but if he is still young enough are we not shooting ourselves in the foot by not playing him in this game and instead playing him in a meaningless U23 game?

On the train on my way to the lane and i second your view. Could be my last trip to our ground and i wanted to see Edwards play.

On TV they are saying Jody Morris is the Cheatski coach. Understandable.

And they are saying John McDermott is the Spurs coach. Understandable.

But it is strange that such different profiles of human are coaching these teams... one is a chavvy, nasty little prick without much of that school thing.... one is a senior figure within the Academy structure... seems odd to me, should we have someone else doing this, not John Mc?

Men against boys, the whole game has been in Spurs half with balls thundering across the box...

Some of these Cheatski boymen look good, but I doubt they will ever make it onto the hallowed first team sheet

Sterling should have shot there instead of attempting to pass to someone in a supposedly better position.

Chances beginning to come our way at last.

Back