• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see both of these in our next matchday squad. We need more options at Wide forward. Odowa looks skillfull and powerful whilst Pritchard is ready for first team action.

so hopefully that mean Lloris back in the team for Saturday. And Pritchard to start or at least be on the bench.

Pritchard would be good to have at least on the bench on Saturday. I dont see that we need Wimmer on teh bench if Dier is in the team, so adding Pritchard gives us another option alongside Alli

He probably would've been too, but this is his first game back from injury.

The good thing is that it is no surprise. It comes up on Twitter that Pritchard has a freekick and goes close, then has another and scores it, then curls a shot into the corner, but it just isn't surprising as he is a good player.

Nice feeling. Also good to see Oduwa's name cropping up a lot, I didn't pick up on him as a big deal last year, but he is certainly making a bit of a name for himself.

I hope Lloris came through fine and starts against the giants and thugs of Stoke... unless Charlie Adam wants to snap him. It was nice to see James Milner try to snap Charlie Adam on Sunday, tasty!

Why do they always play these games at Times knowone can make it? I would love to pop along and see these games. And more heads up on them as well.

Just back from the game

Was very interesting, but the scoreline is not reflective of 11 great performances

Our defence were all very good, Pritchard was by far the best player on the pitch (although moody when people didn't pass to him) - but otherwise, the rest of the team were average

The Everton team were very young, and not good at all

Happy to write up more if people are interested

Just back from the game

Was very interesting, but the scoreline is not reflective of 11 great performances

Our defence were all very good, Pritchard was by far the best player on the pitch (although moody when people didn't pass to him) - but otherwise, the rest of the team were average

If you have the time, that would be very interesting!

So where did Pritchard play? Was he part of the double pivot or did he play further up.

Difficult to say exactly what his position was, as it was pretty fluid

Started like this:

Lloris

KWP - Ball - CCV - Ogilvie

Lesniak

Azzaoui - Harrison - Pritchard - Oduwa

Coulthirst

But Pritchard moved around a lot, and when we were attacking it was more 4-2-3-1 with Harrison and Lesniak playing the double pivot (Lesniak the holder)

It was a bit of a waste of time game for Lloris, because he was barely tested, so wouldn't have gained anything from the game whatsoever - in terms of testing his wrist

KWP is a class act, very nippy, very talkative and assured

CCV and Ball were commanding at CB, and CCV kinda plays like Ledley in his languid style. Both Ball & CCV were equally as good as one another but CCV is 3 years younger. He wasn't as tall as I thought he was, but he was certainly stocky enough for a young lad. Nobody could get past him for power

Ogilvie was also pretty impressive, and did a lot of work down the left

Lesniak played it safe the entire game, so wasn't particularly stand out, but didn't do anything wrong besides a couple of passes that could have been quicker or in the path of a running player instead of behind them. He saw a lot of the ball, as the DM in front of the back 4. He was ok

Harrison was pretty invisible - did nothing wrong necessarily, but did nothing that stood out either

Azzaoui was really frustrating to watch and really frustrating to play with. The players were moaning at him quite a bit, for not tracking back and for not making the right decision (often trying to take it on himself instead of pass the ball, or attempting silly flicks). It wasn't his day.

Pritchard was a class above everyone else on the pitch. Just smooth, oozed class and was so much better in one-on-ones than any other player i.e. he came away with the ball from EVERY 50:50. He talked a lot and guided Ogilvie a lot. And he got annoyed with Azzaoui and Harrison for dwelling for too long on the ball. His first goal was a lovely direct free kick, which came 30 secs after another direct free kick from a few yards further back which was also well struck and on target. His second goal was really well worked. We were much less of an attacking threat in the second half with him off the pitch.

Amos who replaced him, sat in and broke up play - a bit like Mason and that allowed some of the others to push on. He was OK, and aggressive

Oduwa was pretty frustrating, constantly making the wrong decisions, but his goal was very well taken indeed - and dare I say it, he runs like and holds the ball like Ade

Coulthirst - blimey this kid annoyed me. He was getting screams from his teammates to lay them on and he never even looked. He only had eyes for goal, and 99% of the time he lost the ball by overplaying it. However, he is really strong and powerful and his goal was VERY well taken. Is he ready to be a Kane sub? No way

McEvoy and Sonupe were OK in their time on the pitch

Just back from the game

Someone on SC saying they saw both Lennon and Soldado training with the first team. Did you pick up any ITK? :)

Someone on SC saying they saw both Lennon and Soldado training with the first team. Did you pick up any ITK? :)

Lennon was stood right by me for the whole game pretty much. When walker and rose showed up, they greeted him like they hadn't seen him for a few days because they asked how his weekend was etc. Walker, rose, Kane, bentaleb all showed up to watch part if the second half, so I assume they'd just finished training. As to whether Lennon had Bern training with them earlier, I have no idea.

I didn't see soldado

I did see veljkovic, not wearing training gear

I was a liitle miffed that winks, onomah didn't play in the u21, they must be fully integrated into the first team squad now!

Lennon was stood right by me for the whole game pretty much. When walker and rose showed up, they greeted him like they hadn't seen him for a few days because they asked how his weekend was etc. Walker, rose, Kane, bentaleb all showed up to watch part if the second half, so I assume they'd just finished training. As to whether Lennon had Bern training with them earlier, I have no idea.

I didn't see soldado

I did see veljkovic, not wearing training gear

I was a liitle miffed that winks, onomah didn't play in the u21, they must be fully integrated into the first team squad now!

any sign of Berahino, Njie and Bender high fiving it when we scored?

Thanks Waxy, good write up.

Somehow I'm not surprised that Azzaoui, Coulthirst and Oduwa were frustrating, always making the wrong decisions, trying to do too much, not passing, going for flicks and glory... that is a real shame as it is a huge part of becoming a top player, we have enough like that already in the team. Good to know though. Good though he is, when someone like Pritchard is clearly the best player, you know the rest are lagging quite a bit behind the first team squad.

It was a bit of a waste of time game for Lloris, because he was barely tested, so wouldn't have gained anything from the game whatsoever - in terms of testing his wrist

KWP is a class act, very nippy, very talkative and assured

CCV and Ball were commanding at CB, and CCV kinda plays like Ledley in his languid style. Both Ball & CCV were equally as good as one another but CCV is 3 years younger. He wasn't as tall as I thought he was, but he was certainly stocky enough for a young lad. Nobody could get past him for power

Ogilvie was also pretty impressive, and did a lot of work down the left

Lesniak played it safe the entire game, so wasn't particularly stand out, but didn't do anything wrong besides a couple of passes that could have been quicker or in the path of a running player instead of behind them. He saw a lot of the ball, as the DM in front of the back 4. He was ok

Harrison was pretty invisible - did nothing wrong necessarily, but did nothing that stood out either

Azzaoui was really frustrating to watch and really frustrating to play with. The players were moaning at him quite a bit, for not tracking back and for not making the right decision (often trying to take it on himself instead of pass the ball, or attempting silly flicks). It wasn't his day.

Pritchard was a class above everyone else on the pitch. Just smooth, oozed class and was so much better in one-on-ones than any other player i.e. he came away with the ball from EVERY 50:50. He talked a lot and guided Ogilvie a lot. And he got annoyed with Azzaoui and Harrison for dwelling for too long on the ball. His first goal was a lovely direct free kick, which came 30 secs after another direct free kick from a few yards further back which was also well struck and on target. His second goal was really well worked. We were much less of an attacking threat in the second half with him off the pitch.

Amos who replaced him, sat in and broke up play - a bit like Mason and that allowed some of the others to push on. He was OK, and aggressive

Oduwa was pretty frustrating, constantly making the wrong decisions, but his goal was very well taken indeed - and dare I say it, he runs like and holds the ball like Ade

Coulthirst - blimey this kid annoyed me. He was getting screams from his teammates to lay them on and he never even looked. He only had eyes for goal, and 99% of the time he lost the ball by overplaying it. However, he is really strong and powerful and his goal was VERY well taken. Is he ready to be a Kane sub? No way

McEvoy and Sonupe were OK in their time on the pitch

Thanks for that.

Did KWP get forward as much as normal? I know we've been wanting him to play more as an orthodox full back lately but he's a real game-changer going forward with his pace, dribbling and variation in his runs. He has a much higher ceiling than KW1 imo, he just needs beefing up and to learn a few more intricacies of what's required in a defender first.

Held back a bit more, especially in the second half when we were closing the game out. But made a few runs and was particularly vocal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back