• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

See Darren Bents now weighing in with suggestions as to who we should sign! - https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-urged-consider-danny-ings-21230140

Tottenham have been encouraged to make a January swoop for Southampton marksman Danny Ings.

Jose Mourinho is having to deal without Harry Kane for several weeks after the frontman suffered a hamstring injury - ironically in a 1-0 defeat at Southampton which saw Ings score the winner.

Former Tottenham man Darren Bent reckons Ings would provide, not just cover while Kane is injured, but a genuine threat to his starting role.

He said on TalkSPORT : “If Spurs were to go and get Danny Ings and he was to go and score five or six goals before Harry Kane gets back, I don’t think automatically Harry Kane walks back in the team.

See Darren Bents now weighing in with suggestions as to who we should sign! - https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-urged-consider-danny-ings-21230140

Tottenham have been encouraged to make a January swoop for Southampton marksman Danny Ings.

Jose Mourinho is having to deal without Harry Kane for several weeks after the frontman suffered a hamstring injury - ironically in a 1-0 defeat at Southampton which saw Ings score the winner.

Former Tottenham man Darren Bent reckons Ings would provide, not just cover while Kane is injured, but a genuine threat to his starting role.

He said on TalkSPORT : “If Spurs were to go and get Danny Ings and he was to go and score five or six goals before Harry Kane gets back, I don’t think automatically Harry Kane walks back in the team.

I am dumber for having read this...

A player who Tottenham Hotspur were linked with last summer is reportedly set to be offloaded by his current club in the January transfer window.

Back in June, AC Milan winger and attacking midfielder Suso was reported by Calciomercato to be on the radar of Spurs, as well as fellow London sides Arsenal and West Ham, plus Spain's Atletico Madrid.

Suso, formerly of Liverpool, stayed put at Milan in the end but has struggled to make an impact for a team punching way below their weight, currently a dismal 12th in Serie A.

In Italian outlet Tuttosport (8/1/2020, print edition, pgs 16-17), it has been reported that Milan’s hierarchy have decided to sell the 26-year-old in the January transfer window.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic's arrival, as well as Suso's recent lacklustre performances and head coach Stefano Pioli potentially changing formation, have all been cited as potential reasons for the Spaniard being rendered surplus to requirements.

Suso has a reported £35million release clause (Calciomercato), and despite his recent struggles with the Rossoneri, his overall tally with the club is decent, with 24 goals and 31 assists from 152 appearances (Transfermarkt).

Milan cult hero Dejan Savicevic said of Suso in 2017, as quoted by Football Italia: "He’s like me, he’s also got a great shot. He’s a player who can invent an assist, invent a shot. He can invent from one moment to the next, he’s the one who most possesses that quality."

We’re all pretty much agreed (for once) that we desperately need right backs and DMs as a priority, then attention should be paid to; goal, left back, central defence and cover for Kane.

But every other day we’re linked with another new attacking midfielder/wide forward, to compliment our ’thread bare selection’ of Son, Moura, Lamela, Sissoko, Eriksen, Lo Celso, Dele, Sessegnon....

We’ve also been made aware of the cash flow restriction until the stadium is turning a profit and the need to sell and keep wages down, before adding more in.

Yet every other day we’re linked with £80m+ purchases.

I don’t know, but I’m really starting to suspect that journos don’t know anything and are filling column inches and clicks with any old brick whatsoever. Surely not....

Last edited:
We’re all pretty much agreed (for once) that we desperately need right backs and DMs as a priority, then attention should be paid to; goal, left back, central defence and cover for Kane.

But every other day we’re linked with another new attacking midfielder/wide forward, to compliment our ’thread bare selection’ of Son, Moura, Sissoko, Eriksen, Lo Celso, Dele, Sessegnon....

We’ve also been made aware of the cash flow restriction until the stadium is turning a profit and the need to sell and keep wages down, before adding more in.

Yet every other day we’re linked with £80m+ purchases.

I don’t know, but I’m really starting to suspect that journos don’t know anything and are filling column inches and clicks with any old brick whatsoever. Surely not....

Exactly, they know fudge all and the club has had it that way for some time now.

We don't need to keep wages down, our wages are well below normal ratio (even for us) with our recent increases in revenue, I think it's more a case of

- We do want some players out, I suspect more for team benefit than revenue (want aways and players who simply won't play again, i.e. Eriksen, Wanyama, Rose)
- We don't want to appear too desperate on market (not helpful)
- January is harder and I suspect we are looking for first 11 players, not squad.

Exactly, they know fudge all and the club has had it that way for some time now.

We don't need to keep wages down, our wages are well below normal ratio (even for us) with our recent increases in revenue, I think it's more a case of

- We do want some players out, I suspect more for team benefit than revenue (want aways and players who simply won't play again, i.e. Eriksen, Wanyama, Rose)
- We don't want to appear too desperate on market (not helpful)
- January is harder and I suspect we are looking for first 11 players, not squad

Is this from January '18? Or June '17 even?

I posted in the Fernandes thread that these comments suggest he's out of our range. So that drops us to shopping the in £20m - £30m range perhaps? Therefore Aarons might just fit into our price bracket, but any views that we might add someone who we could be hopeful of filling one of the gaps in our team have to be significantly reduced

It has also been reported by a national newspaper this morning that the club could revisit a deal for Sporting Lisbon's Bruno Fernandes, but Mourinho ruled out a move for him last month.

"I would definitely say no," he said. "Because Bruno is a player of a level and value that is not for us. We are not a club that is going to make big transfers in the market."

https://www.skysports.com/football/...injury-leads-club-to-consider-midfielder-loan

I posted in the Fernandes thread that these comments suggest he's out of our range. So that drops us to shopping the in £20m - £30m range perhaps? Therefore Aarons might just fit into our price bracket, but any views that we might add someone who we could be hopeful of filling one of the gaps in our team have to be significantly reduced

It has also been reported by a national newspaper this morning that the club could revisit a deal for Sporting Lisbon's Bruno Fernandes, but Mourinho ruled out a move for him last month.

"I would definitely say no," he said. "Because Bruno is a player of a level and value that is not for us. We are not a club that is going to make big transfers in the market."

https://www.skysports.com/football/...injury-leads-club-to-consider-midfielder-loan
Highest ticket prices in the country. A wage bill less than 50% of revenue and we still have no money to spend.

Highest ticket prices in the country. A wage bill less than 50% of revenue and we still have no money to spend.
You forgot "The best chairman in the game"

[emoji2099][emoji2099][emoji2099][emoji2099][emoji2099][emoji1787]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

The 50% of revenue will go up next year when we're not in the CL (given revenue will decrease), and we also have debt of over £600m!!

Still amazes me that we havent signed a naming rights deal for the stadium. Its free cash which we seem to be missing out on

We're in for a really difficult next couple years

The 50% of revenue will go up next year when we're not in the CL (given revenue will decrease), and we also have debt of over £600m!!

Still amazes me that we havent signed a naming rights deal for the stadium. Its free cash which we seem to be missing out on

We're in for a really difficult next couple years
I think we're waiting for an nfl franchise first then it'll be mega money.

I think we're waiting for an nfl franchise first then it'll be mega money.

Maybe you're right and that might then enable us to compete again on the pitch. Any idea what the timing for a NFL franchise might be? Its not a sport which I remotely follow

Back