• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

I do wonder how much bad blood there is over us poaching Sacramento. The deal had obviously been agreed before they knew anything about it. Like you said, these things can be smoothed over with cash but it is a possible complication.

Sacremento, and half the staff, too. Definitely a complication, but not insurmountable if we treat Lille with respect and don't fudge around with our opening bids for their players + Campos. Go in high - or at least, higher than you otherwise would. And demonstrate to them that, while it's just business, it doesn't have to be all to our benefit alone - they can profit out of dealing with us.

Sacremento, and half the staff, too. Definitely a complication, but not insurmountable if we treat Lille with respect and don't fudge around with our opening bids for their players + Campos. Go in high - or at least, higher than you otherwise would. And demonstrate to them that, while it's just business, it doesn't have to be all to our benefit alone - they can profit out of dealing with us.

Barcelona are being linked with Soumare, so I think we'd need to go in reasonably high.

Barcelona are being linked with Soumare, so I think we'd need to go in reasonably high.

The Lille president was quoted as saying 55m-60m euros was about right.

Our typical approach is to go in with 15m+ add-ons, or something silly like that.

Try going for 40-45m off the bat, and see where that takes you. Something that shows you respect their price for him enough to not insult them right at the start.

Our typical approach is to go in with 15m+ add-ons, or something silly like that.

Try going for 40-45m off the bat, and see where that takes you. Something that shows you respect their price for him enough to not insult them right at the start.
This is the lad that’s out of contract in the summer...
so we can agree a summer free transfer now with him directly and offer Lille some cans to take him in January. Its that simple actually. The player holds the power (sound familiar)

Based on what we paid in the summer, 55-60m seems a bit tippy for a player who is still quite raw. 40-45m seems about right but they'll know that we're desperate for a CM and that there are limited options in January, that may see them hold out for a higher fee.

It being a one month window gives us less time to fanny around. We might be less dependent on shifting players first, Mourinho might be less bothered about having unwanted players on the fringe of the squad than Poch was.

Thinking about it, this January is a time for action -

1) targets are available,
2) they would improve us, and (crucially)
3) our signings seem to need at least 6 months to adapt to the league anyway, so might as well sign them in January and give them the rest of this season to settle in.

In terms of the first and second points, our horrible weaknesses are in two positions - RB, and DM. Both of those positions have players available on the market in January who would make sense for us, and who would consider moving to Spurs.

For RB, Nelson Semedo. Barca have put him up for sale, as per sources in Spain. He's also represented by Jorge Mendes, which (if Mourinho's long history with Mendes is any indicator) means we'll be looking at Gestifute as a potential source of incomings.Semedo's in his prime, is lightning quick, and defensively solid - the exact opposite of Aurier. He's worth going for, and might be available for a fairly reasonable price given Barca are looking to move him on.

For DM, Boubakary Soumare. Lille are willing to sell him, he's huge, defensively sound, and absolutely gifted with the ball at his feet. He's everything Dier isn't, and is also obtainable.

Bring them both in in January, and give them the rest of 2019/2020 to adapt in preparation for a real push next season. Lesser needs are a CB and a wing-forward to cover for Son and Lucas, but those are largely bench needs or dependent on whether existing players (Foyth, Lamela et al) shape up. RB and DM, however, are crucial.

And, crucially, are obtainable this January. If Levy has some goddamn balls, I mean.
I think these are good points, though the settling in period does make it less likely the players will improve us this season.

Some problems arise if we rate other players higher than those you mention or others that are easier to get in January. Say Mourinho would prefer a different right back, do we sign someone he doesn't rate as highly to get a new player in in January or do we wait until the summer when a higher rated target might be available. Though of course predicting who will be available in the summer will never be easy.

I'm hoping for a new signing or two, but I'm not holding my breath.

This is the lad that’s out of contract in the summer...
so we can agree a summer free transfer now with him directly and offer Lille some cans to take him in January. Its that simple actually. The player holds the power (sound familiar)

I think that he has two and a half years to run on his contract

Everything I have read says that he has a contract until 2022. I have double checked this morning after seeing your post.
Yeah I did only a few days and there is contradictory info

the answer seems to be some french guy tweeting in french, being translated and taken as the gospel

normally it’s on transfer market but they have changed it to blank.

here is an example of how the details ahem changed https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/cart...ur-transfer-news-boubakary-soumare-losc-lille

https://soccersouls.com/why-alex-grimaldo-would-be-a-fantastic-signing-for-tottenham/

Why Alex Grimaldo would be a fantastic signing for Tottenham

Last month, Portuguese website A Bola (h/t The Sun) claimed that Tottenham were one of the clubs interested in Benfica star Alex Grimaldo.

A youth product of Barcelona, Alex Grimaldo, 24, clocked up as many as 92 appearances for the club’s ‘B’ team but he failed to make the grade at the senior level due to stiff competition for places.

Ever since his move to Benfica back in December 2015, the Spaniard has progressed by leaps and bounds and is arguably the best full-back in the Primeira Liga.

The 24-year-old has been in impressive form this season, supplying six assists in 14 league games so far. Grimaldo’s performances have not gone unnoticed, with Arsenal and Napoli also keeping tabs on him. (h/t The Sun)

The report (h/t The Sun) adds that it would take a bid of around £34million to convince Benfica to part ways with the left-back, who has signed a new contract until the summer of 2023. Regardless of the 24-year-old penning a new deal, Tottenham must look to sign him during the winter window.

Spurs have been defensively so poor this season and have already conceded 26 goals in 18 games. That simply isn’t good reading for a team having top-four aspirations.

Jan Vertonghen and Toby Alderweireld – two pillars of the Spurs backline, haven’t been at their best. Davinson Sanchez has been off form, while Juan Foyth is yet to get a fair share of chances under Jose Mourinho.

As far as the left-back position is concerned, Danny Rose has not been consistent at all this season and has seemingly lost his place in the team. His poor displays have seen Mourinho deploy Vertonghen at left-back in the recent few games.

And with Ben Davies having sustained ankle ligament damage last month and Ryan Sessegnon best suited in an advanced role down the left as seen during his time at Fulham, Mourinho should look to recruit a left-back next month. In that regard, Grimaldo would be a fantastic fit at Tottenham.

Grimaldo has been a consistent performer for Benfica over the last few seasons, and could come to Spurs as an instant upgrade on the ageing Rose.

As per WhoScored, the Spaniard has averaged 2.7 tackles, 0.7 interceptions, 0.9 clearances and 0.2 blocks, with a pass success rate of 84%. Going forward, he has racked up six assists and averaged 2 key passes in 14 league games.

Spurs ‘willing to pay £25.7m plus Eriksen’ for former player
Date published: Friday 27th December 2019 10:19

Tottenham are ready to offer Christian Eriksen plus cash in an effort to re-sign Gareth Bale from Real Madrid, according to a report.

Bale, 30, has endured a difficult relationship with the Real fans and manager Zinedine Zidane despite scoring over 100 goals for the club, including a brace in the 2018 Champions League final as they beat Liverpool 3-1 to lift the trophy.

Having seen his commitment questioned in Spain, earning the nickname “the golfer” due to his time spent playing the other sport, Bale courted controversy after Wales’ Euro 2020 qualification by holding up a Welsh flag decorated with the words “Wales. Golf. Madrid. In that order”

And there has been speculation over the last year that Bale could be moving back to the Premier League with the likes of Spurs and Manchester United linked.

And now Spanish publication El Desmarque (via The Sun) claims that Tottenham are prepared to offer £25.7million plus Eriksen, who wants to leave the north London outfit.

When asked recently about Jose Mourinho’s appointment as the new Spurs boss, Bale said: “Having Mourinho there is an amazing statement from the club, I think he’s a serial winner.

“Tottenham want to win trophies and I don’t think there’s a better partnership than Mourinho and Tottenham together to try and win some trophies.”

Bale has again been linked with a move to the Chinese Super League in the January transfer window but El Desmarque says there are ‘some negative factors that would complicate its success’.

I think if it's known that a club either has a lot of money, is desperate for a particular signing or new signings in general clubs might turn the screw a bit more.

I don't think that is influenced that much by what the media writes, but it might be a small factor. I don't think Levy wants to go into negotiations with the media being full of him and Mourinho saying we need new signings.

Mostly I think it's just caution. Don't promise anything to the fans that you can't deliver. Transfers are complex, stumbling blocks can be frequent.

yeah.. complex stumbling blocks alright...like Sissoko ..a great team player on his day..but was he worth 30 mill, and what about Ndombele,,early days but does anyone think he can rise to his £60 Million worth
as a player ???
ATM he is blows hot and cold!

yeah.. complex stumbling blocks alright...like Sissoko ..a great team player on his day..but was he worth 30 mill, and what about Ndombele,,early days but does anyone think he can rise to his £60 Million worth
as a player ???
ATM he is blows hot and cold!
Ndombele yes because he shown glimpses of the talent that matches the fee we paid. Then take into consideration his age (23) and the attributes he added that the squad lacks then there really is no comparison to the Sissoko purchase.

Sissoko was not worth 30m when we bought him, he had, had a number of failed seasons at Saudi Sportswashing Machine already. He filled no gaps, he was a panic last day signing due Levy failing in getting the original targets.

You could even argue that it was this signing that made Poch become reticent to take secondary and tertiary options in the transfer market.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Everything I have read says that he has a contract until 2022. I have double checked this morning after seeing your post.

He is total s h i t anyway...ive looked! No real ball skills ...all power and thats it.. We need players with real skillnot also runs power houses..
anyway Come on you Spurs..lol

Ndombele yes because he shown glimpses of the talent that matches the fee we paid. Then take into consideration his age (23) and the attributes he added that the squad lacks then there really is no comparison to the Sissoko purchase.

Sissoko was not worth 30m when we bought him, he had, had a number of failed seasons at Saudi Sportswashing Machine already. He filled no gaps, he was a panic last day signing due Levy failing in getting the original targets.

You could even argue that it was this signing that made Poch become reticent to take secondary and tertiary options in the transfer market.

Well we will have to wait see how this player pans out but I have a feeling people will be criticising him as not being up to it...mabe I'll be proved wrong ,I sincerely hope so..

He is total s h i t anyway...ive looked! No real ball skills ...all power and thats it.. We need players with real skillnot also runs power houses..
anyway Come on you Spurs..lol

I've liked what I've seen when I've watched him and I've watched Lille a fair bit.

Not sure about this player I think he may very well be critcised in the future as not being in that world class brackett we are deperately looking for...

Back