• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

Over 21, so no rules apply (he's 23, I think).

But the signing on-fee would be massive - probably directly comparable to the fee we would have to pay to sign him.

I think, if we do actually want to replace Lloris, this bloke is as good as we can get - he's the new Neuer, more or less, with the bonus of being good with his feet as well (which previous generations of keepers have struggled with, but which is now essential for the modern game).

But I don't see why he would come to us if Schalke finish in a CL spot and we don't - might as well stay at that point.

signing on fee of £10m would get a lot of players interested and cheap for a top prospect

Yes I of course get different strengths, but the basic abilities to defend and attack as required surly is a basic footballing necessity especially at these elite levels?
Pogba is apparently world class and he can’t do either consistently

No he ‘can’ do it but he is just stuck in adolescence!
His problem is his attitude!
He does my head in!

I think that it runs deeper than that. To be effective, I think that he needs to team to be built around him but he is too inconsistent to build a team around.

EBE EZE SCREWED
Eberechi Eze’s £20m transfer to Tottenham could be scuppered by sacking of Mauricio Pochettino

EBERECHI EZE'S hopes of landing a dream move to Tottenham could be scuppered by the sacking of Mauricio Pochettino.

The £20million-rated midfielder has been tracked by the majority of Premier League clubs after making a huge impact in the Championship with Queens Park Rangers.

Spurs were at the head of the queue after Pochettino instructed his scouts to make detailed assessments of his game ahead of a potential bid in January.

But now that move is under threat following the club’s decision to axe the Argentine boss last month.

New manager Jose Mourinho has made a point of telling his current squad he is not immediately planning to make any new signings after taking charge.

Mourinho has been told there would be money available for him to make signings if he wants to when the transfer window opens next month.

But the Tottenham boss is keen to take his time to weigh up which areas of his squad need strengthening before he goes into the marker.

And that threatens to block any plans to firm up their interest in Eze with a bid in January.

The 21-year-old is one of the stand-out players in the Championship and has already been accelerated into the England under-21 squad.

SunSport understands he was keen on the prospect of working with Pochettino to make the next step in his development.

QPR had been expecting the bid to arrive next month, but now they could be able to keep hold of Eze until the end of the season.

Chelsea, Leicester and West Ham are among the clubs also regularly watching the midfielder in action.

https://www.football365.com/news/the-eight-players-jose-mourinho-has-signed-more-than-once

Nemanja Matic (Chelsea and Manchester United)
“Nemanja is a Manchester United player and a Mourinho player,” said a delighted Jose in summer 2017, with Matic stating that he “couldn’t turn down” the chance to play under the Portuguese “once again”. Here was a £40m babysitter for the defence, the expensive key designed to unlock Paul Pogba’s midfield potential, a man who proved his loyalty to Mourinho even after a humiliating substitution.

That incident came at Chelsea, the Serb having returned to Stamford Bridge in January 2014. Carlo Ancelotti sold the midfielder to Benfica three years prior in part-exchange for David Luiz, and Mourinho was more than happy to welcome “a fantastic all-round midfielder” back.

Matic has played under Mourinho 147 times in total across two clubs. Marcus Rashford (112), Juan Mata (106) and David de Gea (101) are the only current Manchester United players within touching distance in terms of appearances under the Portuguese.

Strange we only hear about this apparent £20m transfer when it’s ‘being scuppered’

Its exactly the sort of move Id like to see us make, picking up young talent from lower levels - speculating a bit.

And he is a talent, very raw but theres certainly something about him.

Im pretty sure Mourinho will be looking for something in the window, but Id imagine not too much.

It will only be a move to fix a glaring issue, thats it.

At the end of the season is when he will have a real plan to develop the side. And hopefully by then he'll have Campos in as well!

see this where I don’t get this, they are all bloody midfielders and should be able defend and attack?
To add to what Rorschach wrote, here’s some colourful charts highlighting their differing skill sets...

upload_2019-12-2_12-48-10.png upload_2019-12-2_12-39-40.png 6B5AF883-307C-4D85-97D9-ED5D549B8972.jpeg

Last edited:
Over 21, so no rules apply (he's 23, I think).

But the signing on-fee would be massive - probably directly comparable to the fee we would have to pay to sign him.

I think, if we do actually want to replace Lloris, this bloke is as good as we can get - he's the new Neuer, more or less, with the bonus of being good with his feet as well (which previous generations of keepers have struggled with, but which is now essential for the modern game).

But I don't see why he would come to us if Schalke finish in a CL spot and we don't - might as well stay at that point.

A more competitive league
More money
Playing under Mourinho
Better long term prospects (likely to win something sooner than Schalke)

Schalke are a huge team in Germany but they don't have the resources we do and never seem to do very well in Europe from what I recall. The chance of being no 1 under Mourinho for a top 10 club (revenue wise) must be a pretty big lure.

According to a report in the Daily Express, Tottenham are one of the leading contenders for the signature of Lyon forward Memphis Depay and could move for him in the January transfer window.

Depay previously featured for Manchester United but failed to make an impression in the year and a half he spent at Old Trafford.

However, since his move to Lyon, the 25-year-old has been setting the Ligue 1 alight with his flair and attacking quality. The Dutch international has already netted eleven goals for the French giants so far this season (transfermarkt.com).

His performances for Lyon have reportedly caught the attention of several Premier League clubs with Spurs and Liverpool mentioned as the front runners.

The report suggests that Tottenham and Liverpool might be locked in a two way battle for Depay in the January transfer window while Calciomercato claim that the attacker will cost in the region of €50million (£42.6m).

While Depay did flatter to deceive at Manchester United, he was arguably let go too quickly by the club. He has certainly looked a completely different player for Lyon now that he has his confidence back. I certainly won’t be against the club bringing him in as he can be a great option in Mourinho’s 4-3-3.

Back