• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

I doubt they thought that they'd need to replace half the team in one go, at the outset.

And also are you guys now complaining that he decided to scrap the diamond having spent so long on here tearing it to pieces?

Not complaining about the diamond going at all, not even close.

More a comment on the apparent lack of plan for the team.

Not complaining about the diamond going at all, not even close.

More a comment on the apparent lack of plan for the team.

I think it's fair to say he wanted the diamond to work, spent a more than fair amount of time trying to make it work and has now reverted to 4231 which has worked well previously as it seems the diamomd wasn't going anywhere, at least with for the time being - will probably revisit in the future when/if we get out of our current funk.

Not really hard to see a plan there tbh

I doubt they thought that they'd need to replace half the team in one go, at the outset.

And also are you guys now complaining that he decided to scrap the diamond having spent so long on here tearing it to pieces?
Lol no we aren't complaining about scrapping the diamond. We are saying wtf did we play a diamond in the first place especially after we signed Ndombele and Lo Celso. It's all a little bit confused.
Alli and Eriksen have operated in the same area of the pitch as each other for the last 4/5 years. That's been one of our greatest strengths.

I'm sure different combinations of Dybala, Alli, Lo Celso, Son, Moura and Lamela operating in the 3 spots behind Kane would be real riches.
I don't want to get to bogged down but the balance of attributes between Dele/Eriksen and Dele/Dybala is quite different and I don't believe you can just say it would work the same way. Importantly neither is a playmaker. I also question if Dybala was actually planned or an opportunistic attempt.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Lol no we aren't complaining about scrapping the diamond. We are saying wtf did we play a diamond in the first place especially after we signed Ndombele and Lo Celso. It's all a little bit confused. I don't want to get to bogged down but the balance of attributes between Dele/Eriksen and Dele/Dybala is quite different and I don't believe you can just say it would work the same way. Importantly neither is a playmaker. I also question if Dybala was actually planned or an opportunistic attempt.

Winks
Ndombele Lo Celso
Alli
Son Kane
Id imagine is what he had in mind, stick a DM in place of Winks and upgrade our fullbacks and i think it can work, potentially

I think it's fair to say he wanted the diamond to work, spent a more than fair amount of time trying to make it work and has now reverted to 4231 which has worked well previously as it seems the diamomd wasn't going anywhere, at least with for the time being - will probably revisit in the future when/if we get out of our current funk.

Not really hard to see a plan there tbh

If we were intent on implementing a diamond, why did it go so badly?

We neither had the players for it, nor (apparently) the preparation.

As you reply to Bishop - its apparently 3 players away from viable - so why persist with it, or even use it, like he did?

If we were intent on implementing a diamond, why did it go so badly?

We neither had the players for it, nor (apparently) the preparation.

As you reply to Bishop - its apparently 3 players away from viable - so why persist with it, or even use it, like he did?

Why does anything not work out how you want it to?

Perhaps in practice it just doesn't work or maybe there are other reasons relating to the general downturn that made implementing a new tactic a non starter

It was obvious it was never going to work. Literally from seeing the team sheet us randoms here could see it wasnt going to work.

If there are other reasons making it a non starter - it shouldnt have been started.
If there arent the players to pull it off - it should have been started.
If it was to be implemented - surely there should be signs of training on it coming through (open to debate, but I saw none).

It was a complete flop from the start, and was always destined to be.

Either it was "the plan" through the summer, and it was really badly implemented - to the point of abandonment, or it was a desperate move due to a lack of plan.

Either way, it doesnt shine as an example of effective management.

Winks
Ndombele Lo Celso
Alli
Son Kane
Id imagine is what he had in mind, stick a DM in place of Winks and upgrade our fullbacks and i think it can work, potentially
I think if you put Sissoko in there now instead of Winks then it would probably work OK against most teams. I think the players do need some more coaching of this system however.

Funnily enough I thought we actually looked more creative earlier in the season with this system than we do now we have moved away from it. It wouldn't surprise me to see Poch go back to it later this season.

It was obvious it was never going to work. Literally from seeing the team sheet us randoms here could see it wasnt going to work.

If there are other reasons making it a non starter - it shouldnt have been started.
If there arent the players to pull it off - it should have been started.
If it was to be implemented - surely there should be signs of training on it coming through (open to debate, but I saw none).

It was a complete flop from the start, and was always destined to be.

Either it was "the plan" through the summer, and it was really badly implemented - to the point of abandonment, or it was a desperate move due to a lack of plan.

Either way, it doesnt shine as an example of effective management.

Yes mate there was absoloutely no chance it could ever work and our highly paid coaching team should be taking tactical pointers from Nayim from the internet.

Im looking forward to the next installment of Things Poch has got Wrong - it truly is a wonder someone as wrong as he is manages to get himself dressed in the morning.

Last edited:
Well it all depends on what fans believe, some lap up newspaper comments, flimflam from ITK's and then go ballistic when it does not happen. Other fans are more realistic and take ALL newspaper links with a huge dollop of salt and accept that Jan is not usually a busy time for major players moving.

So i guess it depends on what type of fan they are.
C3210812-A233-4628-9122-1B403648F58B.jpeg

I dont see why not.

IMO a RB is the most essential move right now. That and potentially shifting a few off who clearly need to be gone.

I think its highly unlikely theres any sort of overhaul though.
I always wonder if we were close to deals either way why can’t the dialogue continue outside of the window to rubber stamp them on the first of January?

I always wonder if we were close to deals either way why can’t the dialogue continue outside of the window to rubber stamp them on the first of January?
They can continue, you can even sign the player after the deadline you just can't register that player until the next window. So if you're really close to a signing and just miss out you could continue the work and sign them up. Some clubs actually do this.

Did you see the article last week with VanDerVaart saying he’d text recently Levy telling him he must buy Ziyech?

Yeah

Interestingly he’s actually playing a kind of Eriksen roll tonight in the middle. Not where he played against us.

He was rumoured to have a £25m release clause too. Would love us to sign him. Can actually take a decent set piece too.

Back