• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Right....let's get that Ederson chap in. Pronto.
I've seen tiny bits of him before but yesterday he was exactly what you want in a DM. His awareness was otherworldly, he was always where he needed to be at all times. Like with a striker who can sniff goals I don't think you can teach that degree of anticipation and the personal satisfaction he clearly gets from snuffing out danger.

I've seen tiny bits of him before but yesterday he was exactly what you want in a DM. His awareness was otherworldly, he was always where he needed to be at all times. Like with a striker who can sniff goals I don't think you can teach that degree of anticipation and the personal satisfaction he clearly gets from snuffing out danger.
What is his transitioning like? Does he move the ball quickly and ambitiously? Can he break the press?

One of those there have been some links with, not the most credible links mind.

What is his transitioning like? Does he move the ball quickly and ambitiously? Can he break the press?
With the disclaimer that others will certainly have seen more of him and know more about him.

Has good skills, very capable at shielding the ball. Can break a press through skill too. Good, but not exceptional with his passing. A bit like Bissouma, bit like Dembele. Though that's probably lacking a ton of nuance.

I don't think he's our "Rodri", THE solution kind of player that makes everything tick. Not obvious to me at least that he would be. He's not the deep playmaker I think both of us kind of dream of. But he's a very good player and I think would be a good fit.

One concern would be that I think they mostly play with a double pivot and a back three. The 6 role for us is a bit different. But probably he could adjust... I don't know...

Koopmeiners already had some gentlemens agreement to leave this summer apparently, So getting Ederson might be tricky

I honestly haven't watched enough of him to truly say but like someone mentioned he seems comfortable on the ball, with good verticality in his passing. I don't know if he's truly the quick switch passer I think we need from deep but his passing range seems better selected and more ambitious than the options we have in that space currently.

Have been thinking that someone who could play both CB and full back would be a really good fit. With the three centre backs already here a pure CB may struggle for minutes.

Difficult profile to find. CB and Ange style inverted full back. He may be one though.

Seems very highly rated, will be others after him. Perhaps not impossible though.

Maybe a LB who can play CB rather than the other way around or isn't there anyone from the academy who can step up.

Why haven't we signed anyone already ... I'm getting fed up ... OK i lied I actually trust our scouting and hope that we could land a few gems like last year and the year before. We need a mass clear out also ... hopefully by Aussie being on ITV watching the Euros we can get an insight as to which players he likes and hopefully can make calls to the recruitment team at half time to get players in pronto.

Why haven't we signed anyone already ... I'm getting fed up ... OK i lied I actually trust our scouting and hope that we could land a few gems like last year and the year before. We need a mass clear out also ... hopefully by Aussie being on ITV watching the Euros we can get an insight as to which players he likes and hopefully can make calls to the recruitment team at half time to get players in pronto.

I hope we don't sign anyone based on tournament form.

Back