• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

I'd really like us to buy Sancho. He just fell out of form at United. He looks good again now.

A talented wide forward with a point to prove in his home country. We almost signed him before he went Dortmund the first time.

United will want to sell. Homegrown as well.
There was all the off-pitch issues about why he had to leave London as a teen (gangs etc), and why he didn't want to come anywhere near it again when we tried to get him in the Kyle Walker deal.

Where are the weaknesses, where are the areas we need stability?

Was calling for a new forward from December. Everyone was fixated by CBs, how desperate we were for 2! :)

For me, we need players who are finishers. At least one if not two forwards. And something extra in midfield.

Bissouma and Ange have me mystified. It seems like Ange got involved and remotivated Bissouma before the pool game and he was a new player. But why didn't he do this sooner? A little baffled. Bentancur is also a mystery. Such a good player when in his sweet spot. I'd add one more quality player to midfield. And not really touch the defense, unless we get high bids. Even Davies isn't bad to keep around. Similar for Royal.

Yet the defense is an issue, set piece goals are an issue. But I think its more bedding in and coaching that is needed than switching up the personnel. We should demand more from the existing young players. We might even find a way to play Dragusin. Seems a quality player who could cover full back or play in a three striding out of defence.

Where are the weaknesses, where are the areas we need stability?

Was calling for a new forward from December. Everyone was fixated by CBs, how desperate we were for 2! :)

For me, we need players who are finishers. At least one if not two forwards. And something extra in midfield.

Bissouma and Ange have me mystified. It seems like Ange got involved and remotivated Bissouma before the pool game and he was a new player. But why didn't he do this sooner? A little baffled. Bentancur is also a mystery. Such a good player when in his sweet spot. I'd add one more quality player to midfield. And not really touch the defense, unless we get high bids. Even Davies isn't bad to keep around. Similar for Royal.

Yet the defense is an issue, set piece goals are an issue. But I think its more bedding in and coaching than switching up the personnel.
For me our biggest weaknesses are a goal scoring forward and someone who can play as a DM.

I'd really like us to buy Sancho. He just fell out of form at United. He looks good again now.

A talented wide forward with a point to prove in his home country. We almost signed him before he went Dortmund the first time.

United will want to sell. Homegrown as well.

Wages.

Dortmund can’t pay his wages
Down to the player and United then

We have to see if ten hag is manager next season.

If utd sell him, they'd have to pay a huge chunk of his wages. Unless maybe he goes to saudi. But i can't see him agreeing to that.

For me our biggest weaknesses are a goal scoring forward and someone who can play as a DM.

Hojbjerg is an excellent defensive midfielder. But his passing is not of a standard. He can play great passes. But he need time on the ball to find them. Press him and his passing is terrible. Which means he’s not good enough for an Ange team. Bentancur has the passing and ability on the ball but maybe not defensive awareness. Bissouma I just don’t know. A bit of an enigma. Ostensibly he can do it all. He can be robust and combative. He can side step and make passes. But he’s a conference player. He looked so lost at times. Yet when feeling it he can run the midfield. One out of 10 games he’s in the zone and everything you’d want. The rest of the time he’s off the pace, and looking pressured and unsure. How to bolster his confidence and bring out the best in him so he can dominate?

Hojbjerg is an excellent defensive midfielder. But his passing is not of a standard. He can play great passes. But he need time on the ball to find them. Press him and his passing is terrible. Which means he’s not good enough for an Ange team. Bentancur has the passing and ability on the ball but maybe not defensive awareness. Bissouma I just don’t know. A bit of an enigma. Ostensibly he can do it all. He can be robust and combative. He can side step and make passes. But he’s a conference player. He looked so lost at times. Yet when feeling it he can run the midfield. One out of 10 games he’s in the zone and everything you’d want. The rest of the time he’s off the pace, and looking pressured and unsure. How to bolster his confidence and bring out the best in him so he can dominate?
I think Hojbjerg is terrible defensively. His positional discipline is awful. He chases the ball, leaving big gaps everywhere.

He's a disruptor, usually of both teams, but id never say he offers much defensively

Hojbjerg needs the time to turn around from receiving the ball from the back line to playing a forward pass.

Put pressure on him and he panics. Bissouma is better in that position as he can hold off players and turn them.

Archie Gray's something, isn't he? Another not too shabby performance last night.It'd be wonderful to be able to use Rodon as informal leverage to swing a transfer our way but if Gray is available so many clubs would be interested.

If they get promoted, I can't see him wanting a move.

There is our problem, none of those you mentioned are bad players but they are not a good enough DMs [imo]. Bentancur is our best at playing, Hojbjerg is not consistant, and i would sell Bissouma as he flatters to decieve in many games.

There is our problem, none of those you mentioned are bad players but they are not a good enough DMs [imo]. Bentancur is our best at playing, Hojbjerg is not consistant, and i would sell Bissouma as he flatters to decieve in many games.

Always look to upgrade. But don't hate on those that maybe not good enough for where we want to be.

I think Hojbjerg is terrible defensively. His positional discipline is awful. He chases the ball, leaving big gaps everywhere.

He's a disruptor, usually of both teams, but id never say he offers much defensively

He wins the ball well. Tenacious, provides much more bite. Not sure his positioning is as bad as people make out. But everyone knows he’s on his way this summer.

Yet under Conte and Mourinho he played almost every game and was effective in that defensive setup. It’s his use of the ball that is shaky imo. He can’t play passes on instinct. Any pressure on him and his passing game wilts. Which is why he’s backup and to be sold.

Last edited:
Back