• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

90+% of content on the internet will be AI generated within the next five years. Something like that? Pretty fudgein grim.

Its pretty much 100% of student essays at universities, colleges and schools already. Which is why they are all moving to verbal and exam assessment only. Similar might happen with journalism - i.e. everyone disengages from it and a different medium comes to prominence

Maybe
I haven’t seen him do the passing bit
He is class at the only stuff
However he is 28 and they want big money
Think it was him that created the second for Fulham at the weekend by receiving the throw in, working it onto his right foot and then getting the ball into the player in the middle in acres of space.... Very good awareness from him. He has a bit of everything but his price tag is very expensive for a player who probably doesn't have another high transfer fee move after the next one.

Think it was him that created the second for Fulham at the weekend by receiving the throw in, working it onto his right foot and then getting the ball into the player in the middle in acres of space.... Very good awareness from him. He has a bit of everything but his price tag is very expensive for a player who probably doesn't have another high transfer fee move after the next one.
That goal was crap from us though
The way we opened up from a throw in was horrendous … inexcusable
He is a great player though

We're being linked with Ben Johnson, the West Ham RB, on a free.

I don't remember seeing him play, but if he's more capable offensively that Royal, it could be a smart move.

Obviously he's unbelievably rapid, but I'm not about his dabbles with steroids in the 80s.

I don't remember seeing him play, but if he's more capable offensively that Royal, it could be a smart move.

Obviously he's unbelievably rapid, but I'm not about his dabbles with steroids in the 80s.
Always been whelmed when seeing him play in the past.. 24 and never managed to be a regular for the pikeys, not sure he improves our overall quality.

By football insider.

I think that's the deal breaker.

I think that's still in the envelope of deals we would very rarely make.

ie a big transfer fee and high wages for a 28/29 year old. Give them a 4/5 year contract and that's all a sunk cost. Not much coming back to you once they're 34/35.

I think that's the deal breaker.

I think that's still in the envelope of deals we would very rarely make.

ie a big transfer fee and high wages for a 28/29 year old. Give them a 4/5 year contract and that's all a sunk cost. Not much coming back to you once they're 34/35.

A great buy if you've got unlimited budget and not worried about replacing him in a couple of years. We should have gone for him when Fulham did.

We shouldn't be far off being able to buy top quality for the here and now - not saying every position but if the right player is available at his peak and can be expected to contribute over 3-4 years in the starting XI then why not? Whether Paulinha is that player or not i don't know, but we need to supplement our potential buys with some PL proven quality from time to time in order to move forwards and really challenge imv

We shouldn't be far off being able to buy top quality for the here and now - not saying every position but if the right player is available at his peak and can be expected to contribute over 3-4 years in the starting XI then why not? Whether Paulinha is that player or not i don't know, but we need to supplement our potential buys with some PL proven quality from time to time in order to move forwards and really challenge imv

I'd agree at the right price though. Maddison was the right price and right fit. Also hg.

I don't really want us to go over £50m for a player. Think it's massively diminishing returns. The wages will have to match the price tag aswell.
If it doesn't work out for whatever reason, due to amortisation. It makes it incredibly difficult to shift them.

You look at the most expensive players in the prem. Hardly any have been a success let alone justified the price tag.

Although wave a wirtz or lautoro martinez in front of my face, i'll bite.

A great buy if you've got unlimited budget and not worried about replacing him in a couple of years. We should have gone for him when Fulham did.
This is what i'm hoping our improved scouting and appraisals team will now be able to do. For too many years we wouldn't go for the underheralded but then couldn't afford the genuine proven talents. VDV, Vicario, Udogie, Sarr etc are a good start to the model.

Palhinha had a great game and is well regarded, I haven't paid enough attention of his use of the ball to know if he would fit in that aspect but he pure defensive play and harrying was very impressive.
Palinha is just a walking yellow card. A slightly better Vinny Jones.

I'd agree at the right price though. Maddison was the right price and right fit. Also hg.

I don't really want us to go over £50m for a player. Think it's massively diminishing returns. The wages will have to match the price tag aswell.
If it doesn't work out for whatever reason, due to amortisation. It makes it incredibly difficult to shift them.

You look at the most expensive players in the prem. Hardly any have been a success let alone justified the price tag.

Although wave a wirtz or lautoro martinez in front of my face, i'll bite.
Witrtz is class but not sure where he fits in our team
lauturo is having a purple patch season again but I wouldn’t trust him to score enough over here

Back