• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Yeah just what we need, a striker who can't score 😏😆
It’s funny because last summer the mere thought of us signing him would have made people laugh as you just did, but at us for thinking we could get him / afford him. Now you are laughing at the thought of him even being good enough for us !

No idea if you were serious but thought it quite amusing.

Reactions: jrh
It’s funny because last summer the mere thought of us signing him would have made people laugh as you just did, but at us for thinking we could get him / afford him. Now you are laughing at the thought of him even being good enough for us !

No idea if you were serious but thought it quite amusing.
I was teasing you for sure, no doubting his ability but also goes to show young players are hard to gauge.. No telling how his career will go from here. Probably worth a punt at the right price.

It's a weird one. He signed a new contract and everyone thought this season he would become another 100m transfer fee for Brighton, Yet they barely play him and start others like Welbeck. You would have thought they'd give him a good run in the side to settle in. I'm no Brighton fan though, maybe he has had a few injuries or something? Strange though, Looked a beast when he came on the scene

It's a weird one. He signed a new contract and everyone thought this season he would become another 100m transfer fee for Brighton, Yet they barely play him and start others like Welbeck. You would have thought they'd give him a good run in the side to settle in. I'm no Brighton fan though, maybe he has had a few injuries or something? Strange though, Looked a beast when he came on the scene
He has had injuries and he also has had a manager who changed his teams loads

I was teasing you for sure, no doubting his ability but also goes to show young players are hard to gauge.. No telling how his career will go from here. Probably worth a punt at the right price.
I think he is class
Young players who start at the top level early always have bumps on their second and third seasons
My only shout out now is do we have our own potential option in the youth already ..

As you say, we need a 6 much more than we need a Maddison or Sarr replacement.

Koopmeiners would replace Biss, not that I have any clue if he's an upgrade.

Bergvall is not a 6.
We don't need replacements for either of Maddison or Sarr imo, but I do think quality competition and additions could and would be useful. If you look at Maddison since his return he hasn't really hit the levels he was touching before the Chelsea game. It's at times like this when your options becomes important, we don't really have that or at least Ange isn't using Bentancur or GLC in that way (which I kind of agree with tbh). Likewise with Sarr, if he's not performing (which has rarely been the case tbf), you want to have a high quality alternative to come off the bench to change things up.

We do have some options and you could argue that between Bentancur, Donley, Bergvall, Donley, Devine and GLC (if he stays) we do have options in that regard but the majority of them are unproven and we don't know if they are actually of the level we want and need.

It will be on Ange and the rest of the coaching team to evaluate the squad and determine what additions will be needed in the more progressive areas of midfield, but what we can't do is just think that what we have now is more than enough. The evidence has shown it's not.

DM is a lot more straightforward for me. We do need a new starting DM and Bissouma can be the competition/rotational option.

Last edited:
We don't need replacements for either of Maddison or Sarr imo, but I do think quality competitions and additions could and would be useful. If you look at Maddison since his return he hasn't really hit the levels he touching before the Chelsea game. It's at times like this when your option becomes important, we don't really have that or at least Ange isn't using Bentancur or GLC in that way (which I agree with tbh). Likewise with Sarr, if he's not performing (which has rarely been the case tbf), you want to have a high quality alternative to come off the bench to change things up.

We do have some options and you could argue that between Bentancur, Donley, Bergvall, Donley, Devine and GLC (if stays) we do have options in that regard but the majority of them are unproven and we don't know if they are actually of the level we want and need.

It will be on Ange and the rest of the coaching team to evaluate the squad and determine what additions will be needed I. The more progressive areas of midfield but what we can't do is just think that what we have now is more than enough. The evidence has shown it's not.

DM is a lot more straightforward for me. We do need a new starting DM and Bissouma can be the competition/rotational option.
We’re selling GLC and Hojberg
We need to replace both
That’s the midfield deals that need to be done IMO and potentially we have already replaced GLC

We’re selling GLC and Hojberg
We need to replace both
That’s the midfield deals that need to be done IMO and potentially we have already replaced GLC
Yeah what I was trying to say is with Bergvall and Bentancur we might already have the additions we need but it does remain to be seen if they are the level we want. What we have had available this season has proven not to be enough.

Yeah what I was trying to say is with Bergvall and Bentancur we might already have the additions we need but it does remain to be seen if they are the level we want. What we have had available this season has proven not to be enough.
Bergvall isn't a 6.

From where? Nobody has any money. Most prem clubs have to sell to meet psr. The rest of europe has been fudged since before covid.
Its not a given that clubs will sell to meet FFP. The reality is clubs might well be prepared to take the hit of the points, it's hardly an astronomical amount of points that clubs are being docked (to date) and especially the bigger clubs might see it more worthwhile to keep and add players to their squads whilst taking the hit of a few points - especially Chelsea. Those relegation threatened, the points will be more precious....

Back