• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Why did no one go for Gyokeres from Coventry. Coventry FFS.

I remember watching an FA cup game a while ago and he looked OK. On the commentary they were talking about him moving up then. Maybe it is English bias, but surely he would have gone to any PL club from Coventry?
Everton were linked with him but the FFP issue killed them
Big clubs don’t take gambles

I'm expecting the unexpected this summer.

Had anyone heard of vicario, vdv, dragusin? We'll get one big name. Then we'll have an opportune signing like werner.

It's the way we do business now.
We will get our targets and improve massively this summer, if they quench the thirst of those names people want who knows

Has anyone heard anything about us getting Morgan Gibbs white ?
It was said to me yesterday by two different people at the game

Was raised recently I think. Ticks a lot boxes. Think they only paid 25m for him so if they need some profit for ffp then I suppose it could be goer.

Forrest allegedly have to sell by june 30th to not breach psr again. So they are linking players.

They only have to get about £20m to be ok. So we'll see.

For next years financials though they'll have to sell again. This years includes the johnson sale to us and they are still predicted to be over.

Forrest allegedly have to sell by june 30th to not breach psr again. So they are linking players.

They only have to get about £20m to be ok. So we'll see.

For next years financials though they'll have to sell again. This years includes the johnson sale to us and they are still predicted to be over.
I was told £50m

The news article said they paid 25 and might be up for accepting 50m to help with ffp. He's an excellent player, not sure what his favourite position is though? He can play the Maddison role or out wide left like he has recently

The news article said they paid 25 and might be up for accepting 50m to help with ffp. He's an excellent player, not sure what his favourite position is though? He can play the Maddison role or out wide left like he has recently
He would be a nice alternative to Maddison and maybe replace lo celso

IMO, we need to be prepared to drop serious coin in the summer if we want to upgrade our front three this summer. If it means dropping £70m+ to secure a top class forward then so be it. Not saying we should exclusively look at expensive players and not also look for a bargain/look at less high profile options, but we went through a lot of upheaval to build the new stadium so we could compete financially with the big boys, Liverpool spent similar amounts of Van Dijk and Alison and it took them to the next level. Arsenal spent £100m on Rice.

There's going to be a continent wide fire sale in the summer, with us and brighton picking up the choice cuts. No way we'll need to pay £50m for anyone. We should just be chucking in £20m offers for the likes of Isak and Cole Palmer from the most in-trouble clubs

Back