• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

the Tim Sherwood man love thread

I didn't expect them to do a lot better, no. High up my list to get relegated. Lost their best players, didn't get great ones in return and they need time to adapt anyway.

The fact that he would actually have been able to keep his best players, unlike what happened at Villa.

I doubt he would have turned us into a big success, but I see no reason why he couldn't have achieved the same thing that Pochettino did the year after (which seemed fine enough by most Spurs fans): Getting fifth, a cup-run, early exit from Europe.

Of course he is not going to say they are sh!t purchases in public, that is a great way to start the season!
Mate I like Tim a lot as manager, but the reason I think he would have failed with us was his record against the Top 4 clubs, a record of being smashed out of sight by any quality team as not sustainable for the future. Also his "success" at Spurs was predicated on the form of a very unpredictable player in Ade.

I didn't expect them to do a lot better, no. High up my list to get relegated. Lost their best players, didn't get great ones in return and they need time to adapt anyway.

The fact that he would actually have been able to keep his best players, unlike what happened at Villa.

I doubt he would have turned us into a big success, but I see no reason why he couldn't have achieved the same thing that Pochettino did the year after (which seemed fine enough by most Spurs fans): Getting fifth, a cup-run, early exit from Europe.

Of course he is not going to say they are sh!t purchases in public, that is a great way to start the season!

You expected Villa to be bottom at this stage? Below the likes of Watford, Bournemouth etc? Ok then...
Hi best players at Spurs included Adebayor; who do you think he would have bought to bolster the team? Joleon Lescott??
Getting 5th would likely have been beyond him, and we would probably have gone out of EL at the group stage knowing his tactical deficiencies.

Can I ask you to detail what you think Pochettino has done well at the club so far, beyond the results on the pitch.
Then can you tell me what Sherwood would have done well at the club beyond the pitch (apart from talk brick in the media and go from saying "i have a terrific squad, i don't think we need to strengthen" to "all these players are a much of a muchness")?

Based on his record, why would any team anywhere take this dingdong head on?

I wouldn't give him a job as a cashier if I was a McDonald's franchise owner..

Fifth/sixth.

I watched him clean up the mess left behind by Boas, save Villa from relegation and lead them to Wembley.

Seems like you dislike Sherwood as a person, which seems to influence your view of his actual performances. I don't think Sherwood is the saviour he himself seems to think he is, but he doesn't really deserve the criticism he is getting from the likes of you. Did a decent job for us, actually did a decent job for Villa as well. What did their board expect this year after losing the spine of their team in the transfer window in Benteke, Vlaar, Delph and Cleverly?

Nope. AVB started to try and clean-up the mess left behind by Arry but wasn't quite strong enough to finish it, Poch is the man who has come in and undone all messes,cleaned them up and re-done the foundations. Timmeh actually took full-advantage of a request to help out the club by insisting on an 18 month contract when he knew we were desperate. No issue with that, whatever do what you need to do but do NOT come off as 'the hero' simply by prompting Adebayor to play for a bit. Nah mate, he was pants.

People seemed to be happy enough for Pochetino to finish sub-top and early eliminations from the FA-cup and EL, I don't see why that should be any different for Sherwood. Yeah, he wouldn't have lead us to the PL title, but he would have done a decent job.

I am not sure if you are trolling at this point. Have you seen what Poch has done?

I am not sure if you are trolling at this point.
Lol, says the guy who claims AVB was starting with cleaning up Redknapps mess. What mess was that actually? Sure he failed to qualify for the CL, but he departed the club by leaving it in a strong position with a good squad. AVB wrecked this club and Tim did a decent job in rectifying that. For once, we could acrually score goals again and weren't bored to death.

Lol, says the guy who claims AVB was starting with cleaning up Redknapps mess. What mess was that actually? Sure he failed to qualify for the CL, but he departed the club by leaving it in a strong position with a good squad. AVB wrecked this club and Tim did a decent job in rectifying that. For once, we could acrually score goals again and weren't bored to death.

I've just noticed that you've recently joined (welcome BTW always good to get other viewpoint in here). I am going to now assume, from your response, that you aren't trolling.

Honestly, this is the wrong thread to break-down what he (HR) did, furthermore we have covered that ground extensively in the past. In short, the 'mess' he left behind was a bloated, aging squad which had just lost two top pieces in Modders and King, which was destined to lose it's jewel (Bale) and which had consistently moved counter to what the chairman wanted (youth development). He talked a great fight, but the truth is that he won nothing with squad which, in 2012, was good enough to not only have won a trophy but challenged properly for the title. When you refer to 'scoring goals' and not being 'bored to death' are you saying Poch's Spurs 'bores you to death'? As for Sherwood, well, let's see where he goes next.I am telling you, the man is not ready for the Prem, and he might well not be cut-out for modern management for at least 5 more seasons, if ever.

No, I'm saying AVB's Spurs did. We are reasonably entertaining under Poch, this year in particular.

I think we can safely say, with the benefit of hindsight, that AVB has some great ideas, is a really good coach but lacks some fundamental man-management skills across the board. If he had better ones, I have no doubt he would currently be at Real Madrid or somewhere, but it appears he is missing some. I heard that his interviews/presentations were absolutely incredible. My main disappointment with him would be how easily he developed a siege mentality, and also how he seemed unable to deal with a non-CL-tier transfer table. But I will always be grateful for him getting us back on track with a model which suits the way the club works from the top down, not one which suits only the manager currently at the club. Modern football, IMO, demands both. I think if we can hold onto Poch, we will have one of the best...

We were bored to death by AVB
We were embarrassed to death by Sherwood

Fifth/sixth.

I watched him clean up the mess left behind by Boas, save Villa from relegation and lead them to Wembley.

Seems like you dislike Sherwood as a person, which seems to influence your view of his actual performances. I don't think Sherwood is the saviour he himself seems to think he is, but he doesn't really deserve the criticism he is getting from the likes of you. Did a decent job for us, actually did a decent job for Villa as well. What did their board expect this year after losing the spine of their team in the transfer window in Benteke, Vlaar, Delph and Cleverly?

We were in a terrible situation when he left us, although Sherwood only deserves some of the blame for that. I've outlined before the size of the task facing Poch when he took over, it was massive... Other than Lloris and Eriksen there was hardly a player in the team people were properly happy about.

The change since then has been huge. Had Sherwood been kept in charge there's every chance our problems would have been even greater as there were solid rumours at the time that several of our key players wanted away if Sherwood was kept around. Can anyone really say that they were surprised that Sherwood lost most of his key players at Villa? Or that he didn't manage to sign a single proven player to fill the gaps left behind?

Villa lost players, but they ended up with a narrow net spend overall in the transfer market according to transfermarkt. I think the Villa board expected more than Sherwood has delivered.

Let's look at his actual performances... He's never managed a club for a full season. Is there any reason to think he would be any good at it? Being a permanent manager is very different from coming in mid-season and "lifting the mood around the place".

No doubt he'll be trying to claim at this minute that Villa's late rally was down to his coaching, which the players were still working with...

Quote from Randy Lerner when appointing Remi Garde as manager yesterday:
"Nobody at Villa can deny that we are way behind. We recruited aggressively this past summer and it is our responsibility to now harvest this talent rather than buckle under pressure and criticism - we are better than that."
I think Lerner wont get Christmas greetings from Timmeh this year.. :p

Quote from Randy Lerner when appointing Remi Garde as manager yesterday:
"Nobody at Villa can deny that we are way behind. We recruited aggressively this past summer and it is our responsibility to now harvest this talent rather than buckle under pressure and criticism - we are better than that."
I think Lerner wont get Christmas greetings from Timmeh this year.. :p

I'd imagine Sherwood's friends in the media will do their level best to slate Randy Lerner at every opportunity now. Jamie Redknapp has previous for holding other people's grudges

I thought I was the person disliking Timmeh the most, but you've proved me wrong :D Nothing wrong in your claim btw ;)

What makes you think i hate Timmeh? Just because i think he's a clam, thick and a brick excuse for a manager that thinks he's the exact opposite of all of those things doesn't mean i hate him

;)

Back