• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Stats Thread

The results comparison thread has us +8 on the same fixtures last season. We finished on 64 last season so an improvement of +8 would leave us on 72.

Last season 72 points would have got us 4th and it would also equal the club premier league record.

COYS.

That loss to Manure really buggers me now. Should at least have had a draw. That would have put us ahead of them on gd now. But I am confident we will be ahed of them in the end. Their unbelievable luck surely has to end some time!
Same here.

It took Louis van Gaal' Army 65 minutes to register their 1 and only shot on target and they still needed a freak own goal to beat our reserve goalie.

Hopefully Pochettino can end the hoodoo in April.

That loss to Manure really buggers me now. Should at least have had a draw. That would have put us ahead of them on gd now. But I am confident we will be ahed of them in the end. Their unbelievable luck surely has to end some time!

Agree, I had a few drinks after that game in the Ex lounge and a lot of their supporters said we were unlucky and deserved more.

SSN's latest Power Rankings puts Kane on top

And there are seven more Tottenham players in the top fifty, which sounds impressive enough - until you realise there's no sign of Eric Dier or Erik Lamela in that list. Given both have been outstanding in recent weeks you cannot help wondering whether they just make them all up.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...jamie-vardy-top-the-sky-sports-power-rankings

3380755.jpg

Looking at the list, I'm surprised that Ozil is only in 31st place. Given his contribution to his team, you'd think that he would be higher.

Our own players appear to be in s random order too. Maybe I'm being narrow minded, but I don't think Eriksen has had an amazing season, and yet, he sits in 21st place ahead of Alli who seems to have had a better season.

Last time they lost away was against us last season apparently - also we was the last team Vardy failed to score against (iirc)

They lost to Chelsea after that, the only loss in their last nine games last season. They were on 19 points after that loss to us, two months later they're on 41.

They lost to Chel53a after that, the only loss in their last nine games last season. They were on 19 points after that loss to us, two months later they're on 41.

I was talking about the last away game they lost - that Chelsea game was at home?

They've certainly had a good 2015 either way

This"unbeaten thing" can get a bit silly, better to WWL than DDD.

Our form is good though, look at the last columns here

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/form-guide.html

Joint second.

People have said we've got easier opponents coming up but that's what the Goons thought before West Brom beat them and Norwich drew with them. Shame they have so many injuries now!

If it was a load of draws and low scoring games I would agree with you. We've done a lot more than just being unbeaten in 13. That makes the unbeaten in 13 thing far from silly.

Compared to last season we're 6 points ahead compared to the same opponents. I think in the past this has shown a reasonable way of looking at things beyond the current standings and points per game.

RAWK has come up with this alternative PL table to show how Liverpool are doing better than they really are. Par is 90 points (win all home games, win away to the seven worst sides and get 12 draws).

index.php

City -3
United -4
Liverpool -5
Arsenal -7
Leicester -7
Everton -9
West Ham -10
Spurs -11
Saints -14
Chelsea -15

RAWK has come up with this alternative PL table to show how Liverpool are doing better than they really are. Par is 90 points (win all home games, win away to the seven worst sides and get 12 draws).

index.php

City -3
United -4
Liverpool -5
Arsenal -7
Leicester -7
Everton -9
West Ham -10
Spurs -11
Saints -14
Chel53a -15

Interesting take on it.

Seems they've been doing it for some years. Do you know if it's had any kind of predictive power in the past?

Interesting to see them this far ahead of us based on this perspective, while based on the "results comparison" compared to last season's results we're doing marginally better than them (last time I checked).

index.php

City -3
United -4
Liverpool -5
Arsenal -7
Leicester -7
Everton -9
West Ham -10
Spurs -11
Saints -14
Chel53a -15

One of their "7 worse teams" is level on points top of the league.
Trust a Liverpool forum to be living in the past.

Any system where an away win at West Brom (who have lost 4/7 at home this season) is worth more than a away win at Leicester (lost 1/7 at home this season) is fundamentally flawed.

One of their "7 worse teams" is level on points top of the league.
Trust a Liverpool forum to be living in the past.

Any system where an away win at West Brom (who have lost 4/7 at home this season) is worth more than a away win at Leicester (lost 1/7 at home this season) is fundamentally flawed.

They usually change it when teams do better or worse than expected.

Interesting take on it.

Seems they've been doing it for some years. Do you know if it's had any kind of predictive power in the past?

Interesting to see them this far ahead of us based on this perspective, while based on the "results comparison" compared to last season's results we're doing marginally better than them (last time I checked).

Someone on RAWK had a look:

14/15

Halfway point: Final:
Chelsea Chelsea
City City
Southampton Arsenal
- Man Utd Man Utd
- Arsenal Spurs
Spurs Liverpool
Liverpool Southampton

13/14

-Arsenal City
-Chelsea Liverpool
City Chelsea
Everton Arsenal
Liverpool Everton
Utd Spurs
Spurs Utd

12/13

Utd Utd
City City
Chelsea Chelsea
Spurs Arsenal
Arsenal Spurs
Everton Everton
Liverpool Liverpool

Someone made the point that it's not meant to be predicative, but show how hard your upcoming schedule is. Liverpool have a 15-game run later in the season where they're expected to pick up 43 points.

They usually change it when teams do better or worse than expected.

Someone on RAWK had a look:

14/15

Chel53a Chel53a
City City
Southampton Arsenal
- Man Utd Man Utd
- Arsenal Spurs
Spurs Liverpool
Liverpool Southampton

13/14

-Arsenal City
-Chel53a Liverpool
City Chel53a
Everton Arsenal
Liverpool Everton
Utd Spurs
Spurs Utd

12/13

Utd Utd
City City
Chel53a Chel53a
Spurs Arsenal
Arsenal Spurs
Everton Everton
Liverpool Liverpool

Someone made the point that it's not meant to be predicative, but show how hard your upcoming schedule is. Liverpool have a 15-game run later in the season where they're expected to pick up 43 points.

Not sure that comparison makes sense to me. That's the halfway point as predicted by the "system" compared to the final table after the last game of the season? Or?

I agree that it probably says something about how hard your schedule has been and will be. Bit like the comparison to last season's results. Which is why I was a bit surprised by the large difference between the two viewpoints when comparing us with Liverpool.

Back