• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Squad

Maguire is a good shout, he's highly rated.
Saw his name linked with us the other day. Can not say i have paid much attention to him but remember when he was at sheff united he was being talked up as the new terry. Would he be a poch type defender who can play it out from the back?

I really want innacho from Emirates Marketing Project he has already scored goals in the prem and impreßsed me everytime i saw him play. Also snatch their young english kid that the arse are after.

For someone with skills and the ability to thread the needle as an AM what about Tadic?

Or do you think that Poch already knows enough about him not to be interested?

I see many games hull city and Maguire play like great players, strong, very decided to push the team to midfielder, good header , for my it's the best cb behind the dutch man of Southampton, and like dembele (I see impossible for the team wants)

Sent from my ALE-L23 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He was pretty good for Liverpool I thought, overall. It wasn't for footballing reasons that he found himself out of the team.

You think? Teams will sell their soul and forgive all for decent players.....if he was any good Liverpool would have backed him

You think? Teams will sell their soul and forgive all for decent players.....if he was any good Liverpool would have backed him

I'm just going on what Liverpool fans have said. He fell out with Klopp after failing a drugs test (fat burning pills) and was banished to the U23s. Now on loan at Palace, had his first start for them the other day, clean sheet and MoM according to BBC (then again, it was against Boro, I could probably keep a clean sheet against them).

He certainly had/has flaws, but I remember him as part of a back three when Rodgers changed their formation for a bit (and they went on quite a decent run iirc), he looked decent playing the ball out from the back but was a bit inconsistent (he had a sh1t game against us if I remember it right).

Remember, Lovren looked great under Poch but not so much at Liverpool. IMO, there is a player in there with Sakho, I think he'd be decent as part of the squad (not starting XI) but then it depends if they want silly money or not I suppose.

I'm just going on what Liverpool fans have said. He fell out with Klopp after failing a drugs test (fat burning pills) and was banished to the U23s. Now on loan at Palace, had his first start for them the other day, clean sheet and MoM according to BBC (then again, it was against Boro, I could probably keep a clean sheet against them).

He certainly had/has flaws, but I remember him as part of a back three when Rodgers changed their formation for a bit (and they went on quite a decent run iirc), he looked decent playing the ball out from the back but was a bit inconsistent (he had a sh1t game against us if I remember it right).

Remember, Lovren looked great under Poch but not so much at Liverpool. IMO, there is a player in there with Sakho, I think he'd be decent as part of the squad (not starting XI) but then it depends if they want silly money or not I suppose.

Perhaps he can join Sissoko in the 'there's a player in there XI' ?

I am not saying we should have signed Manolo Gabbiadini but 5 goals in 3 appearances is bloody good, and also proof that there are affprdable players out there if you scout well enough

Or he could be another like the guy who went to Swansea and banged them in for a season. Now playing lower leagues in Spain, was so great I can't even remember his name.
Any striker can go in a run and look great.

The two centre halves that I have been impressed with this season are Keane at Burnley and Kone at Sunderland.

I think Poch likes all of his centre halves to also be comfortable full backs however and I'm not sure either have ever played at full back?

Somebody like Vermalen would be the sort of player that would work in either of Poch's two preferred systems. Obviously injury problems and him probably earning 100k plus a week at Barca (is he still there?) make it a no goer though.

Or he could be another like the guy who went to Swansea and banged them in for a season. Now playing lower leagues in Spain, was so great I can't even remember his name.
Any striker can go in a run and look great.
Michu?

To be fair to him he did pick up quite a serious injury.

The point I was making was not that we should have bough him but rather that there are affordable players out there

But are they better than what we already have and are they more likely to make an immediate impact than the players we already have?

We've seen Chadli go to WBA and become one of their best players, he struggled to get in our team. I think if Son had gone to Southampton he would have been a massive hit, yet he's one of those we turn to from the bench most of the time.

It's also not just about players being "good enough", it's about them fitting our system. Part of the reason (I think) that Gabbiadini looks good for Southampton is that he's a good fit for them. We need players that fit our system well.

It's also not just about players being "good enough", it's about them fitting our system. Part of the reason (I think) that Gabbiadini looks good for Southampton is that he's a good fit for them. We need players that fit our system well.

I thought that was a given

But are they better than what we already have and are they more likely to make an immediate impact than the players we already have?

What like Sissoko?:)

Back