• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Squad

But when you compare our squad with someone like Chelsea it stacks up IMO. What they have has is zero key injuries and it shows. Hell Moses looks a player now and alonso who looked poor against us very time he played for Bolton, Sunderland and fiorientina looks a much better player in this defensive system they play so it shows you can make a poor player suit a system

Lamella is a weird one for us as he has disappeared with no real info

First XI, I agree, as I said I think ours is actually better. Our Willian level squad player (for the purposes of the 343 shape) would be Lamela, so we're unlucky that he has been out. Son too, is a good option.

I think their centre-half backups are much stronger than ours (we have CCV and Wimmer, they have Terry and Zouma plus the lad they brought back from Bournemouth). They also have Fabregas to come on in midfield, where we have Winks -- a promising youngster, but not at the same level of Fabregas, especially when you add his experience.

Sissoko just isn't needed at all, we should get rid ASAP. Winks covers Dembele, Son covers Dele/Kane, Lamela covers Eriksen...who is Sissoko supposed to replace? I'd rather we sold him and bought someone like Romeu from Southampton, who could play instead of or alongside Wanyama.

For centre half, I think someone like Sahko would be worth a punt, out of favour at Liverpool and he'd actually provide some decent competition/cover in defence. I'd still keep Wimmer too.

Left wing back, maybe sell Davies and bring in that highly rated youngster from Fulham, Sessegnon.

N'Kodou I would sell, it's a mistake to bother buying this type of player for Poch, he has no use for him.

Janssen I would keep for another season, though I'm not sure Poch feels the same. I wouldn't exactly be unhappy if we replaced him either.

That'd leave us with something like:

--------------------------------lloris (vorm)
----------------dier (ccv)----toby (wimmer)----vert (sahko)
walker (trippier)---wanyama (romeu)---dembele (winks)--rose (sessegnon)
----------------------eriksen (lamela)----dele (son)
--------------------------------kane (janssen)

Sakho is brick. The guy is an absolute liability and switches off too often.
Sessegnon would be a good idea, but he's 16 and not gonna be ready to offer real cover. He'd be worth a punt, but it's probably worth keeping Davies in the ranks to offer cover for LB and LCB as that's where he plays for Wales.
I actually wonder whether or not N'jie would thrive in the current system. He could work well with Kane and is a decent enough finisher. N'Koudou I have no idea about, the guy has shown very little so far, but we've hardly had games where we have used more of the squad. Sissoko was and still is a mystery.

Anywho, I personally think that buying someone like Martial to rotate in a front two with Son, Alli and Kane would be great. Personally I didn't rate Janssen when we bought him and I think he's actually gone backwards since the start of the season. Eriksen and Lamela fight for the role of the AM role whilst we wait for young Edwards to mature. Dier for me can be the primary cover to Wanyama. That means just two purchases (LB and Martial) and 2-3 sales.

Sakho is brick. The guy is an absolute liability and switches off too often.
Sessegnon would be a good idea, but he's 16 and not gonna be ready to offer real cover. He'd be worth a punt, but it's probably worth keeping Davies in the ranks to offer cover for LB and LCB as that's where he plays for Wales.
I actually wonder whether or not N'jie would thrive in the current system. He could work well with Kane and is a decent enough finisher. N'Koudou I have no idea about, the guy has shown very little so far, but we've hardly had games where we have used more of the squad. Sissoko was and still is a mystery.

Anywho, I personally think that buying someone like Martial to rotate in a front two with Son, Alli and Kane would be great. Personally I didn't rate Janssen when we bought him and I think he's actually gone backwards since the start of the season. Eriksen and Lamela fight for the role of the AM role whilst we wait for young Edwards to mature. Dier for me can be the primary cover to Wanyama. That means just two purchases (LB and Martial) and 2-3 sales.

Good point about Davies being able to cover LCB position as well. I like him as a player, it would be good to keep him around. N'Jie and N'Koudou just seem like the type of players that Poch isn't interested in using, I'm not sure why the club buys them.

Good point about Davies being able to cover LCB position as well. I like him as a player, it would be good to keep him around. N'Jie and N'Koudou just seem like the type of players that Poch isn't interested in using, I'm not sure why the club buys them.

Davies should certainly be kept - people also forget that he's actually still quite young

I agree the squad is currently unbalanced. We need to sell Njai, Nkoudou and Sissoko.

We need a fast attacking LB, a creative skilful lock-picking midfielder and a Dominating Centre half. Hopefully one of these might also have leadership qualities to guide our young team when they are struggling.

For me, the jury is still out on VJ, but I would prefer the back up to Kane to have one or all of these abilities: searing pace, strong in hold up play, and /or goal scoring capabilities proven at a high level.

In's

Left footed CB who can play LB as well if needed. - Used to like De Vrij but not sure what kind of form he has been in for last few years or where he is
LB / LW cover for Rose, Obviously Sessegnon if we can get him, and allow him to compete not replace Davies
AM, ISCO would be my preference, but anybody who you would expect to start
CF, Somebody with Pace to compliment Kane and provide a different option, but not a Son type who could do a Job, perhaps Andre Grey or alike

Out's

Would send Janssen out on loan to Bournemouth or similar with a callback option in Jan at which time we make a judgement
Wimmer id move on, if we can get somebody with more pace / to replace

Wouldnt move anybody else on, no point complaining we are thin on the ground and then getting rid of players. Sissoko, NKoudou havent been a disaster they just havent been a success but both can do a job when needed, and both provide a different option.

In's

Left footed CB who can play LB as well if needed. - Used to like De Vrij but not sure what kind of form he has been in for last few years or where he is
LB / LW cover for Rose, Obviously Sessegnon if we can get him, and allow him to compete not replace Davies
AM, ISCO would be my preference, but anybody who you would expect to start
CF, Somebody with Pace to compliment Kane and provide a different option, but not a Son type who could do a Job, perhaps Andre Grey or alike

Out's

Would send Janssen out on loan to Bournemouth or similar with a callback option in Jan at which time we make a judgement
Wimmer id move on, if we can get somebody with more pace / to replace

Wouldnt move anybody else on, no point complaining we are thin on the ground and then getting rid of players. Sissoko, NKoudou havent been a disaster they just havent been a success but both can do a job when needed, and both provide a different option.

Regarding Sissoko - if a player gives a good performance 1 in 4 then that absolutely is a disaster.

Horrific signing.

Regarding Sissoko - if a player gives a good performance 1 in 4 then that absolutely is a disaster.

Horrific signing.

I know it doesn't fit the narrative, but he really hasn't been horrific. Ignore his history and the price tag and judge him on what he actually does. I agree he looks clumsy and not in control of his limbs, however horrific really isn't true. There is a player in there somewhere, whether we see it im not convinced but im not ruling it out either

I know it doesn't fit the narrative, but he really hasn't been horrific. Ignore his history and the price tag and judge him on what he actually does. I agree he looks clumsy and not in control of his limbs, however horrific really isn't true. There is a player in there somewhere, whether we see it im not convinced but im not ruling it out either

At the very best he has been ordinary which still makes him a bad signing. It is not like he is a young buck with plenty of potential, right now he should be playing some of the best football of his life. He has not remotely looked like commanding a place in the starting lineup this season. Now compare that to the strides Winks has made in his first season in the first time squad.

Has he really shown enough to think there will be a drastic improvement in his performances? Personally methinks not.

I am not saying we should have signed Manolo Gabbiadini but 5 goals in 3 appearances is bloody good, and also proof that there are affprdable players out there if you scout well enough

At the very best he has been ordinary which still makes him a bad signing. It is not like he is a young buck with plenty of potential, right now he should be playing some of the best football of his life. He has not remotely looked like commanding a place in the starting lineup this season. Now compare that to the strides Winks has made in his first season in the first time squad.

Has he really shown enough to think there will be a drastic improvement in his performances? Personally methinks not.

Bad signing i maybe can agree with - Horrific i don't
Also its not like he has been given 5-10 game run in the team. But again wouldnt say he has deserved it.
I just think we need to be a bit sensible in that our squad isnt strong enough, and bringing in 5 and letting 1 go makes more sense than complete upheaval of everyone outside the main 14 players.

Bad signing i maybe can agree with - Horrific i don't
Also its not like he has been given 5-10 game run in the team. But again wouldnt say he has deserved it.
I just think we need to be a bit sensible in that our squad isnt strong enough, and bringing in 5 and letting 1 go makes more sense than complete upheaval of everyone outside the main 14 players.

Personally I would sell him because I have seen nothing to think that he warrants another season. For a team that now sees a 5th place finish a bad season he is simply not good enough

Personally I would sell him because I have seen nothing to think that he warrants another season. For a team that now sees a 5th place finish a bad season he is simply not good enough

I can see the logic, equally i wouldnt want to waste time in trying to replace him, when he could do a job, we are obviously quite close and dont need a overhaul

Starting Line-up

Lloris
Walker
New CB
Alderwiereld
Vertonghen
Rose
Dembele
Wanyama / Dier
Erikksen
Alli
New AM
Kane

Bench

Lamela
Winks
Son
New Striker
Dier / Wanyama
Vorm
Davies

Squad

Sissoko
Nkoudou
Sessengnon
Trippier
+ Youngsters who may or may not step-up

However if we lost 3 players then we need those players in the squad to keep the depth on the bench

I didn't say he has been horrific. For the ability he has, he's generally performed at his limited level, which is roughly one good performance in every four games. The other three games in four he has been very poor, but that's been in keeping with the level of ability he has.

The fact that we went and purchased a player with such poor ability is however a horrific signing.

I am not saying we should have signed Manolo Gabbiadini but 5 goals in 3 appearances is bloody good, and also proof that there are affprdable players out there if you scout well enough

The sample range is small

He looks a real player right now but so did Vardy last season

If he carries on like this he won't remain there anyway

Back