• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Squad

Defoe-Saha
Kranjcar-Sandro-Huddlestone-Bentley/Pienaar
Rose-Dawson-Gallas-Corluka
Gomes

With a better striker,a top 6 finish wouldnt be a surprise.
The problem is that Harry never ever rotates,unless someone is injured or booked.

Honestly, I think we vastly over rate some of our players, especially our squad players. They are filler players, players that could feature in a top four side but also feature in a bottom four side. They aren't those sort of players that make that difference. Unfortunately not many players are.

He is giving an opinion I cannot see any wrong in that, everything he said seemed sensible, the only downer was that he called us "them".

You don't publically question those above you. Just like Redknapp should never publically question Levy. If Redknapp did that then it doesn't matter whether Redknapp was justified or not, or how well Redknapp does for us. He would have to go.

It seems to me like he already knows that next season he will be at Bayer.

or anywhere but Tottenham...but also he knows that Redknapp will be gone so can now freely speak up about whats going wrong at Spurs, and he is open to staying depending on the new manager that comes in

Levy's master plan to discredit Redknapp in full flow. Not ITK.

How is Corluka questioning the Manager anything to do with Levy? I genuinely believe that Levy has wanted Redknapp out for a long time, and I genuinely believe that Levy may well have intentionally set Redknapp up to fail by keeping the purse strings very tight but what other people say has nothing to do with Levy.

You don't publically question those above you. Just like Redknapp should never publically question Levy. If Redknapp did that then it doesn't matter whether Redknapp was justified or not, or how well Redknapp does for us. He would have to go.

I shall arrange a public flogging then :)

Levy's master plan to discredit Redknapp in full flow. Not ITK.

master plan, working a treat....i just love this pic and any excuse to post it:)

083jolandlevy_468x424.jpg

Honestly, I think we vastly over rate some of our players, especially our squad players. They are filler players, players that could feature in a top four side but also feature in a bottom four side. They aren't those sort of players that make that difference. Unfortunately not many players are.

Everyone of those players has come in and looked the part at one time or another, that would be a mid table side no question, compare that to a team from say 10th position downwards and you can see the players are better. Norwich, Swansea, Bolton, Blackburn, Villa, Wolves, Wigan, QPR, WBA, could name a better starting XI than that?

It's criminal the lack of rotation that's occured under Harry in the league, there really was no need to burn us out like he has. You don't have to rest 5 players at a time, but 1 maybe 2 players could be rested without disrupting the side too much, they'd be on the bench to bring on if things weren't going to plan anyway. Fergie rotates with the best of them and he's doing it with filler players like Park, Fletcher, etc. I'd take his policy over the one we've used.

How is Corluka questioning the Manager anything to do with Levy? I genuinely believe that Levy has wanted Redknapp out for a long time, and I genuinely believe that Levy may well have intentionally set Redknapp up to fail by keeping the purse strings very tight but what other people say has nothing to do with Levy.

the purse strings have been tight in the last year because our manager wants to go and manage England.....who in their right mind is going to give an outgoing manager 30 or 40 mill to blow on a load of useless players??

the purse strings have been tight in the last year because our manager wants to go and manage England.....who in their right mind is going to give an outgoing manager 30 or 40 mill to blow on a load of useless players??

It's been tight for a couple of seasons. Even after we finished 4th, we didn't really invest. I think Levy tired of Redknapp a long time ago, and probably wanted him gone two or three seasons ago. But Levy isn't dumb and knows he has to bide his time. Once the fans and media turn, then he can get rid. I was actually very surprised he didn't pull the trigger after the first two games this season because I think he was itching to do it.

Speaking of those first two games, now that we've seen just how close this season is in terms of points AND goal difference what a monumental fudge up leaving signing Parker and Ade until the last minute was.

It's been tight for a couple of seasons. Even after we finished 4th, we didn't really invest. I think Levy tired of Redknapp a long time ago, and probably wanted him gone two or three seasons ago. But Levy isn't dumb and knows he has to bide his time. Once the fans and media turn, then he can get rid. I was actually very surprised he didn't pull the trigger after the first two games this season because I think he was itching to do it.

Speaking of those first two games, now that we've seen just how close this season is in terms of points AND goal difference what a monumental fudge up leaving signing Parker and Ade until the last minute was.

you really think Parker and Ade would have made a difference at OT and at home to Emirates Marketing Project?:)..i guess you didnt pay attention to our poor results against the better teams when they also played

You are making big assumptions there about Levy, just like many here make big assumptions about Redknapp. Is that fair on Levy?

imv it would have been better if Levy had replaced Redknapp last summer. Easy to look back though

its a shame Charlie isnt here now so he could come in for a jaded Walker

you really think Parker and Ade would have made a difference at OT and at home to Emirates Marketing Project?:)..i guess you didnt pay attention to our poor results against the better teams when they also played

You are making big assumptions there about Levy, just like many here make big assumptions about Redknapp. Is that fair on Levy?

imv it would have been better if Levy had replaced Redknapp last summer. Easy to look back though

Ade couldn't have played against City, but yes I think the dynamic of the games would have been completely different. They would have been had Sandro been fit too. Our midfield was powderpuff in both games.

Ade couldn't have played against City, but yes I think the dynamic of the games would have been completely different. They would have been had Sandro been fit too. Our midfield was powderpuff in both games.

maybe our performances would have been better but the end results would still have been defeats

Everyone of those players has come in and looked the part at one time or another, that would be a mid table side no question, compare that to a team from say 10th position downwards and you can see the players are better. Norwich, Swansea, Bolton, Blackburn, Villa, Wolves, Wigan, QPR, WBA, could name a better starting XI than that?

It's criminal the lack of rotation that's occured under Harry in the league, there really was no need to burn us out like he has. You don't have to rest 5 players at a time, but 1 maybe 2 players could be rested without disrupting the side too much, they'd be on the bench to bring on if things weren't going to plan anyway. Fergie rotates with the best of them and he's doing it with filler players like Park, Fletcher, etc. I'd take his policy over the one we've used.

The difference here, and the reason why Fergie is such a good manager and so far ahead of Redknapp is that his filler players always perform for him, ours on the other hand do not.

It's always amazed me how players like Wes Brown, John O'shea even Johnny Evans who would struggle to get into our team always did (or do) the business for United even though they only play once in a blue moon, it's all down to Fergie.

Read the artcile before people head off into a "bitter ex player rant". He talks about watching just every one of our games, and how Spurs are one of the best teams in England and should be in CL.

Nothing he says is wrong, and the headline is Charlie says Spurs will miss CL, when as usual, what he says is he fears we will miss out on CL.

Problem Spurs had is hugely created by the FA and this stupid England job

- The moment Capello/FA said he would leave post the Euros, Harry was on the hook
- Harry was being too successful with Spurs for Levy to force his hand
- Yet with Harry likely gone by summer, why would the club/Levy give significant investment funds to buy players the next manager may not want.

Add the fact that I don't believe Harry has every been particualry good at rotation, my issue is he rotates randomly, vs. I'd like to have seen people rotated in pairs (e.g. CB or Striker pairs) to create better understanding.

Back