• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

You lot saying that they had the easier run in were right. That May 8th game looks like a gimme

1jkd3a.png

Depends on which chelsea team turn up

I'm thinking that if we happen to lose to Chelski in the semi, it might be a blessing in disguise. We tend to go on winning runs after such losses and it just might give Chelsea a false sense of security in their remaining games, which could lead to slip ups. Beat them in the semi and all their focus and concentration will be on the league. Not saying we shouldn't beat them in the semi, but could be a silver lining, if we don't.

I'm thinking that if we happen to lose to Chelski in the semi, it might be a blessing in disguise. We tend to go on winning runs after such losses and it just might give Chelsea a false sense of security in their remaining games, which could lead to slip ups. Beat them in the semi and all their focus and concentration will be on the league. Not saying we shouldn't beat them in the semi, but could be a silver lining, if we don't.

We are already on a winning run. If we beat Chelsea in the cup, belief within the squad would be sky high and it could take us to another level for the run in.

Conte mentionned something about how he has brought this team up from 10th and it's a big achievement, but not mentionned the money spent just to upgrade the starting XI. I know it's just his way of taking the pressure off the player's and trying to point out that he is achieving plenty, but it still seems like a stupid remark.

Conte mentionned something about how he has brought this team up from 10th and it's a big achievement, but not mentionned the money spent just to upgrade the starting XI. I know it's just his way of taking the pressure off the player's and trying to point out that he is achieving plenty, but it still seems like a stupid remark.

Last season was an outlier and was because the players stopped playing for the manager. He should be judged against their position over the last ten years and only then with the acknowledgement that he has had it easy without European football this season.

I think the whole world knows this. Him included

Last season was an outlier and was because the players stopped playing for the manager. He should be judged against their position over the last ten years and only then with the acknowledgement that he has had it easy without European football this season.
Regardless of his spin his job is to win the League, nothing less. Fail and he's odds on to get the sack.

I don't want a tease, at least last year leicester won it going away, if we don't get it by a point, you can imagine the hateful media going on about so near yet so far, always the bridesmaid etc etc, so lets do this or finish 3rd and come back next year and don't draw so many f@ckin games early on.

I don't want a tease, at least last year leicester won it going away, if we don't get it by a point, you can imagine the hateful media going on about so near yet so far, always the bridesmaid etc etc, so lets do this or finish 3rd and come back next year and don't draw so many f@ckin games early on.
Finishing third for yet another season would be an even bigger gift to the media.

Who cares what the media say, apart from it being annoyingly predictable. In any case the media will make more noise about us if we finish 3rd instead of 2nd, as that allows the "bottlers" tag to be dusted off, regardless of how unfounded it might be.
I want us to finish as high as possible even if we miss out by a single point or (as looks pretty unlikely now) on GD.
I happen to believe we are capable of taking advantage if Cheatski have a bit of a collapse and I'll allow myself to dream about it happening. But we have a tough few games coming up and if we finish 2nd or 3rd (or even 4th) nothing can take away from the performances we have put in this season, the records that have been set/matched, the general all-round improvement, and the feel-good factor that goes with supporting Spurs these days.
Well be back again next year for more.

Who cares what the media say, apart from it being annoyingly predictable. In any case the media will make more noise about us if we finish 3rd instead of 2nd, as that allows the "bottlers" tag to be dusted off, regardless of how unfounded it might be.
I want us to finish as high as possible even if we miss out by a single point or (as looks pretty unlikely now) on GD.
I happen to believe we are capable of taking advantage if Cheatski have a bit of a collapse and I'll allow myself to dream about it happening. But we have a tough few games coming up and if we finish 2nd or 3rd (or even 4th) nothing can take away from the performances we have put in this season, the records that have been set/matched, the general all-round improvement, and the feel-good factor that goes with supporting Spurs these days.
Well be back again next year for more.

Agree with all of that, add in a FA Cup win and i would be happy.

Before this season started the media were tossing all over Chelsea Emirates Marketing Project Man U Liverpool Arsenal...oh and Everton would be stronger than Spurs this year. Loads has us down for 6th/7th.

So if the media think we've bottled it if we dont win the league, what about Emirates Marketing Project with their millions, Man U with the Special One, Liverpool with Klopp and Woolwich with their "stars".

I'd rather aim high and fail than not aim high at all.

This is the best Tottenham squad, manager, chairman, ground, structure in 50 years of my life and I for one am just enjoying the ride

Before this season started the media were tossing all over Chelsea Emirates Marketing Project Man U Liverpool Arsenal...oh and Everton would be stronger than Spurs this year. Loads has us down for 6th/7th.

So if the media think we've bottled it if we dont win the league, what about Emirates Marketing Project with their millions, Man U with the Special One, Liverpool with Klopp and Woolwich with their "stars".

I'd rather aim high and fail than not aim high at all.

This is the best Tottenham squad, manager, chairman, ground, structure in 50 years of my life and I for one am just enjoying the ride

Exactly, 4th & FA Cup semi-final would have been success at the start of this season, anything more than that is a bonus.

For two years, we have been genuinely the only team keeping pressure on the league leader consistently, despite as @galeforce said, starting the year with no one having us in the 4 horse race.

Don't fall for the brick narrative, if Spurs make the cup final and finish 2nd, Poch is a legend, if Spurs won the double, that would easily surpass Leicester's achievement, because we aren't here because it is a freak season, we are here on merit against 4 or 5 of the top managers in world football who started in a better place and have significantly outspent us.

Back